Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mac

Platform »

The Macintosh (Mac) line of personal computers is designed and developed by Apple, Inc. - formerly Apple Computer, Inc. It runs macOS, a Unix operating system. Its current version, macOS 13.4 "Ventura" was released on May 18, 2023.

Best Games Available for Mac?

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By posh

what games do everyone exclusively running OS X play? I only have Trine 2, Diablo 3 and FTL actually on my mac right now, with a bunch of humble bundle stuff on a hard drive. I've found the steam store to be really limited, and stuff isn't even available there that's on the mac app store, like Bioshock, but it's way overpriced on the app store. so yeah I guess I'm looking to get some more games and wondered what everyone else is playing

preaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By preaser

have you considered boot camp?

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By posh

@preaser: yes, but I'm on a 128gb SSD MBA. probably wouldn't be ideal on it.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ben_H

I have over 100 on the Steam store. I know you said you found the library wanting but there are some good games like KOTOR.

Also, check out GOG. They have an expanding library of Mac games being released and their installer client works amazingly well with WINE. I've been playing Infinity Engine games, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Medal of Honour, and even Legend of Grimrock on my Mac by emulating it.

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By posh

@Ben_H: yeah I have KOTOR on my wishlist, but gonna beat diablo 3 before I get it I think. and I'm pretty sure grimrock is mac compatible right?

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By august

@Ben_H said:

I have over 100 on the Steam store. I know you said you found the library wanting but there are some good games like KOTOR. Also, check out GOG. They have an expanding library of Mac games being released and their installer client works amazingly well with WINE. I've been playing Infinity Engine games, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Medal of Honour, and even Legend of Grimrock on my Mac by emulating it.

Grimrock is out on both mac and Linux now.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KittyVonDoom

I just bought VVVVVV from the App store (I originally bought it on Steam but the App store version is it's own standalone app which is nice). It's good, it's also cheap and hangs around in the background easily enough.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Ben_H
    @august said:

@Ben_H said:

I have over 100 on the Steam store. I know you said you found the library wanting but there are some good games like KOTOR. Also, check out GOG. They have an expanding library of Mac games being released and their installer client works amazingly well with WINE. I've been playing Infinity Engine games, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Medal of Honour, and even Legend of Grimrock on my Mac by emulating it.

Grimrock is out on both mac and Linux now.

I got it on GOG and installed the with WINE (This was prior to GOG having Mac stuff). I just cleaned out old WINE bottles and that's how I remember. I'm not exactly up to speed on what has been ported to Mac and Linux lately other than the stuff in my Steam Linux Library.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.