Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mac

Platform »

The Macintosh (Mac) line of personal computers is designed and developed by Apple, Inc. - formerly Apple Computer, Inc. It runs macOS, a Unix operating system. Its current version, macOS 13.4 "Ventura" was released on May 18, 2023.

Games for Macintosh I & II Appreciation Thread.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By L44

I know there weren't very many good ones. My favourite was probably Escape Velocity, I remember it being pretty good, I also remember it getting boring as hell sometimes. That and I also played the shit out of what I think was Golden Axe II.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2  Edited By Sunjammer

EV was awesome! I hacked the crap out of it with ResEdit, made my own dumb ships and stuff :-)

Harry the Handsome Executive was another brilliant game, and Avara. Generally stuff Ambrosia put out was glorious. Marathon, say no more?

Man there were good games on there. Remember the epic mess of graphical adventures, like Shadowgate, Uninvited.. The World Builder games, like Swamp Witch? Pisses me off that legacy support is out the window in OSX; There are thousands of games that are tough as shit to be able to run on modern hardware, if at all.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By L44

@Sunjammer: Oh dude. I forgot about Shadowgate, that game...

Maelstrom the Asteroids-a-like thing by Ambrosia, was addictive as hell too. I remember playing a lot of co-op on Mars Rising and never being quite able to finish it.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By stinky

Dark Castle

Ancient Art of War

Wizardry

and there was a turn based military game which i can't seem to find. was really good. love to replay it.

you could make, air craft carriers, jets, troop transports, tanks, troops, bombers etc.

as game time wore on the radius destruction of the bombers would increase. take over cities to produce units, like a battleship would take 15 game days.

god cant remember the name!

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By L44

@stinky: The first Command & Conquer?

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By stinky

@L44 said:

@stinky: The first Command & Conquer?

Strategic Conquest!!

finally found it. talked about here.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By L44

@stinky: That video's pretty great. Get ready them interactive CDs.

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By HelicopterSpy

Ambrosia had a lot of really great stuff. They also had a great centipede clone with tons of crazy sounds called Apeiron that I used to play a lot. I know they made an OS X version of it, but I don't know if it'll work with Lion. Hm...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.