Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mac

Platform »

The Macintosh (Mac) line of personal computers is designed and developed by Apple, Inc. - formerly Apple Computer, Inc. It runs macOS, a Unix operating system. Its current version, macOS 13.4 "Ventura" was released on May 18, 2023.

I Developed An Xbox One Controller Driver for Mac OS X!

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FranticRain

Hey! I just wrapped up development on the beta version of an Xbox One controller driver for OS X, and I'd love all of your help to get it out to the world, and help me find all of the horrible kernel panic inducing bugs it has in it! You can check it out here!

Tell your friends and let me know about any issues!

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Cool, I would try it out if I had one. As I own a DS4 how much work would you guess does it take to port your code to a DS4 driver?

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FranticRain

The good news is that the DS4 is natively supported by OS X because they didn't fill it with a bunch of proprietary nonsense like the Xbox One controller. (They actually follow the standards!) You can check out how to do it here.

In case of link rot, I'll post the basics here:

• You can plug it in with a MicroUSB cable, and it will work.
    • For Wireless, put your controller into pairing mode by holding the share button until the light starts blinking rapidly, and then add the device from the Bluetooth preference pane within OS X.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.