Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mac

Platform »

The Macintosh (Mac) line of personal computers is designed and developed by Apple, Inc. - formerly Apple Computer, Inc. It runs macOS, a Unix operating system. Its current version, macOS 13.4 "Ventura" was released on May 18, 2023.

Tip number thr-- oh wait; fail, connect 360.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By Virago

So i downloaded Connect 360 so that I could use my mac with xbox 360, and it started out being frustrating, then worked perfectly, and now it's back to sucking.

First of all, you download it, install it, turned off all firewalls, allow all shady connections in your network, and look up thirty help pages on why it's not connecting, stop and wait for 15 minutes for the computer and xbox to communicate to each other. Alright, that's fine.
    Then, after you've turned off your xbox, or turned off your computer, shit goes awry again, so restart the program.  It should still work properly.
    Now all of a sudden, after I've turned off my computer while the xbox was still on, it suddenly doesn't connect because port 1900 and/or 9335 are occupied.  This means that your ritualistic sacrifice was not enough, and you must: step 1) restart your computer while you then do step 2) restart your router and then step 3) go to connect 360 to make sure it's running. This ensures that the port is reserved for C360. 

Pain in the ass? Absolutely. Worth it? ...yes, it's all worth it once it works *sigh*
    But really I have no one to blame for myself.

~V

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Virago

So i downloaded Connect 360 so that I could use my mac with xbox 360, and it started out being frustrating, then worked perfectly, and now it's back to sucking.

First of all, you download it, install it, turned off all firewalls, allow all shady connections in your network, and look up thirty help pages on why it's not connecting, stop and wait for 15 minutes for the computer and xbox to communicate to each other. Alright, that's fine.
    Then, after you've turned off your xbox, or turned off your computer, shit goes awry again, so restart the program.  It should still work properly.
    Now all of a sudden, after I've turned off my computer while the xbox was still on, it suddenly doesn't connect because port 1900 and/or 9335 are occupied.  This means that your ritualistic sacrifice was not enough, and you must: step 1) restart your computer while you then do step 2) restart your router and then step 3) go to connect 360 to make sure it's running. This ensures that the port is reserved for C360. 

Pain in the ass? Absolutely. Worth it? ...yes, it's all worth it once it works *sigh*
    But really I have no one to blame for myself.

~V

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I probably could hook up my Xbox 360 and Laptop with that Windows Media Center thing. What's the purpose though? I don't have music. I do watch some tv shows, but always stream, never download. Plus, I'm Xbox Silver. What do you do with it?

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Disgaeamad

Hasn't Rowr converted you away from the evil Mac corporation yet?

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By yoctoyotta

You may want to look into enabling port forwarding and UPnP on your router. A quick Google search for your router model number and "port forwarding" should point you towards a quick and easy guide. Turn on the router firewall and keep all other firewalls off to avoid conflicts. Enjoy.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Blame the orphans. 

Fucking orphans...
    Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Virago
    @Disgaeamad: Not for a lack of trying, that's for sure. I look at it like this: if rowr's the PC expert, and I'm a Mac expert, then there's no computer problem that can get in our way. 

@YoctoYotta: That's very helpful, i'll look into that.  thanks!

@Sweep: fucking orphans!!
    yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By yoctoyotta
    @Virago said:

" @Disgaeamad: Not for a lack of trying, that's for sure. I look at it like this: if rowr's the PC expert, and I'm a Mac expert, then there's no computer problem that can get in our way. 

@YoctoYotta: That's very helpful, i'll look into that.  thanks!

@Sweep: fucking orphans!! "

No prob! Let me know if that helps, I've been thinking about running Connect 360 on my Mac too. I had a similar problem with PlayOn on the PC which does very similar media streaming, and port forwarding cleared that all up, so that's hopefully the only issue you're seeing.
    Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Virago
    @YoctoYotta:  Yeah, after I got the port thing worked out, it's good. The program works best when you restart everything a whole bunch =P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.