Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mad Max

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

An open world action game with an emphasis on vehicular combat, based on the Mad Max character from the series of Australian post-apocalyptic films by George Miller.

No interest in MGS, huge Mad Max fan, hyped!

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

So this week both MGSV and Mad Max drop, pretty crazy. A lot of people have relegated Mad Max to the bargain bin already because of MGSV, but for me at least, MGS holds no sway. Meanwhile, I'm an old school Mad Max fan, and a fan of games that offer a quality post-apocalyptic experience in general, so this is the game I'm jumping into this week. Can't wait for the unlock tonight, and plan to stay up for at least 2-3 hours to play once it drops, work tomorrow be damned.

Who else is more excited for Max than Snake? Surely, I can't be the only one.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I'm really interested in Mad Max but Peacewalker is too good of a game so I'm sort of obligated to play the follow-up. Also when you're this close to Black Friday/Christmas patience is a good idea.

If they made a Metal Gear movie that was actually good it would still be atrocious compared to a Mad Max movie, but the same can not be said for an open world game in a desert environment.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I'm getting both, rather unfortunate that both of these games seem to be huge. Whichever games first hour I enjoy more will be what I play first, but I feel I need to play MGS V around the same times as everyone else, since these games take forever to come out. Plus being there and experiencing it with everyone is the draw for me, kind of like Dark Souls.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By DougCL

im super sold on this game, but i cant really drop 120 dollars on games this week so this week ill get MGSV, and next time i get paid im gonna get Mad Max. Mad Max seems more like a game to play if i want to unwind after work and catch up on podcasts, while MGSV is going to be the one i need to get really invested in whenever i start it.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just pre purchased Mad Max. The lack of reviews is a little unsettling.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hope this game is great. I really want it to be great. My fear is that it will be another kind of boring open world with batman fighting though.

So I'm waiting on this one until hearing/seeing more.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By HH

yeh metal gear holds no interest for me, i'm also an old school fan of the mad max backdrop, and I feel starved of a third person experience, i've played too many first person games in a row and the main thing i'm hoping for, outside of what we've seen, is nice fluid animations and controls, add a pile of customization and the freedom to let that be the focus of my game and i'm all set.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same. As a longtime fan of MGS, I'm pretty disappointed with where Kojima has taken the series. Each game after 3 has been weaker than the last. On the other hand, I'm pleased with the revitalization of Mad Max. I'm looking forward to playing the game when I get home and I look forward to the next movie.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the MGS games, but they're not my favorite type of game to play. I recently had the realization that my favorite type of game to play is almost exactly what Avalanche specializes in. So I'm pretty torn this week. I'll probably just grab MGS later on, I played all of the games late anyway. I'm still on the fence about Mad Max, is looks great based on the footage I've seen, but I'll probably wait for reviews/a Quick Look.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OurSin_360

MGSV! I have both coming and Mad Max will be played first since it is already preloaded, but once i download Phantom Pain MM will be on the back burner for a long time(even longer if the pc port is broken). I'm not a huge fan of mad max though, and thought the new movie was just ok. Max seems like a boring character who is there just to explore the more interesting stories of the people around him so a game focused on him isn't all that appealing. The gameplay looked fun though so i got it half price.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I have interest in MGSV but I'm still gonna get Mad Max first. I have more interest in that.

paulithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

been playing both over the weekend and they both are awesome in there own way for different reasons.

man they are both soooo good do not worry!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.