Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mad Max

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

An open world action game with an emphasis on vehicular combat, based on the Mad Max character from the series of Australian post-apocalyptic films by George Miller.

Xbone losing too many frames?

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I've been playing Mad Max for about 7 hours now. I'm enjoying the game well enough, its a little too generic open world, sure the car combat is the thing that makes it stand out and that part of the game is pretty fun but goddamn if the game doesn't devolve into a jittery mess every 5 minutes or so. Its not too bad when driving, which is good because driving is the best thing in the game but almost every on foot encounter brings the framerate crashing down.

I assume everyone on Xbone is having the same problems?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

From the QL just posted it seems the PS4 version also gets quite framey from time to time.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ninnanuam: I know you asked about the Xbox version, but I'll put my experience here: playing on PS4, I got some slowdown as well, so I restarted the console and it got much better since then. I also do the defragmentation regullarly and that helps a lot, in general - I suppose you could try to the the exbox equivalent (I don't have that console so I can't say exactly where to look for).

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I keep trying to start the game on XBox One and I find it damn near unplayable. My framerate is consistantly low and I'm getting a hell of a lot of input lag (especially bad when driving), it's painful to play.

I'll try doing HDD maintenance and report back.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've played 10+ hrs on X1 and have had none such problems. Playing off installed disc btw. Maybe try reinstalling and/or clearing persistent storage.....both have helped me w/other games. GL

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm primarily a PC gamer, I bought Mad Max on the Xbox One because I wanted something to play on this shiny new console. I note that because I love playing games at 60FPS and I'm pretty good at picking up when a game is dropping frames. I haven't had much problem with this game's framerate on the console. I mean, it's a console framerate, it's 30FPS with the occasional drop, but for the most part it's fine.

There is, however, one thing I can do to make it reliably start chugging like a motherfucker. Some camps have a secret way in where Max will have to turn sideways and squeeze into a crack in the wall. Every time I've tried this, the game has chugged for a minute or two while I'm fighting whatever's inside. If I try to break in through the front door, I don't have this problem at all. I haven't had any problems with framerate while chasing convoys, I didn't have any framerate problems while fighting at The Jaw story mission (which is pretty hectic), etc.

I am playing on a brand new Xbox One and I bought a digital copy, if that helps.

I keep trying to start the game on XBox One and I find it damn near unplayable. My framerate is consistantly low and I'm getting a hell of a lot of input lag (especially bad when driving), it's painful to play.

I'll try doing HDD maintenance and report back.

There really is some input lag when turning the car, however. I guess I got used to it, but if you flick the analog stick and let it go, Chumbucket's buggy doesn't actually do anything until the stick is back at full rest. I've found the Magnum Opus way better at this, but it's still a problem that could use a bit of work. The Witcher 3 had a problem with this as well and I played that sucker on PC. Why on Earth would fucking input lag be a problem in two different AAA games this year? I thought that problem was over before the PS2 was halfway through its generation?

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I hadn't had a single problem on Xbox one until about 25hours in where for no clear reason I started dropping frames for about 5 seconds while approaching a base. It didn't before and it hasn't happened since but it definitely occurred.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.