YO MORE ART, and this time, it`s Moxxilicious.

• 80 results
#51 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Me like

#52 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

I think you havn't given Illustrator enough time.

#53 Posted by Wunder_ (1171 posts) -

....Breasts.

#54 Posted by forestofdeath (252 posts) -

the vector is looking exceptional, so far. can't wait to see the final product!

#55 Posted by aurahack (2277 posts) -
@CowMuffins:  I've given it plently of time. I use it when necessary, but I just don't like working with vectors. Doesn't do it for me. 

@Wunder_: Breasts indeed!
#56 Edited by faustyn (615 posts) -

awesome! :D   
i wish i could draw... 

what's this? i don't even...
#57 Posted by Bucketdeth (8017 posts) -

Great work, your an artist but so am I and I come here to steal your thunder.

#58 Posted by aurahack (2277 posts) -
@faustyn: @Bucketdeth: 

#59 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

5 stars.Awesome drawing.

#60 Posted by JackSukeru (5921 posts) -

Super nice! can't wait to see the finished thing.

#61 Posted by Wunder_ (1171 posts) -
@aurahack:  I'd buy this as a print.
#62 Posted by Sin4profit (2948 posts) -
@aurahack said:
" @Faint:  I don't use Illustrator, I use Photoshop. :o I can't stand working with vectors because it doesn't allow me to freely use the brush tool, which I find essential for making quick, minute details like her eyelashes. 

I had thought you "inked" it in Illustrator. That's usually what i do and it looks about the same. The blob brush tool, since CS 4, has made this method even easier. Also worth noting that i use a Wacom tablet so i can vary the line weights as i go. If you don't have a pressure sensitive tablet, then yeah, Illustrator's pretty worthless for inking.

Anyway, Vector graphics are fine, ya just have to approach it from a different angle then the average, "sketch to render" method. Think of them more as building blocks of basic shapes (this is where illustrator blows as it's "symbols" selection are all clip art, you have to build your own set of basic shapes, i find a tear drop to be the most versatile shape). The idea is, you start slapping basic shapes together until you get a silhouette of a shape. Then, like staring at clouds, that shape inspires new ideas that you build from. 
I believe they also teach this method in Art schools but they use paper cut outs and you have to form an image from the shapes they provide.
It's an experiment worth looking into if ya ever feel blocked or uninspired one day.
#63 Posted by aurahack (2277 posts) -
@Sin4profit: XD I fully know what vectors are and how they function, it just doesn't work for me is all. I do my coloring stuff with the brush tool, not with the pen tool so I'm basically banned from Illustrator in that regard. I can't Merge Copy, Paste and tweak with the Liquify/Transform/Brush tool in Illustrator and I can't paint in Illustrator, which is what I need the most. D:
#64 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

aww one step closer to moxxi hentai

#65 Posted by 1337W422102 (1013 posts) -

Definitely fappable.

#66 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Nicely done!

#67 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

You and that other guy has inspired me, I'm also going to draw Moxxi. Though sadly I'm not very good, but I need to learn if I want to get those higher grades in art class ;(
I also need to draw something for this thread. But I lack the creativity to come up with something good at the moment ;(

#68 Posted by Daveyo520 (6852 posts) -

Fancy

#69 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

I like where this is going in Photoshop.

#70 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

Lookin good! Moxxi's dominating those clap traps, so much for their revolution.

#71 Posted by aurahack (2277 posts) -
@Ravenousrattler: They had no chance. :o

@Origina1Penguin: As do I! Shame I have so many midterm projects to work on that I won't be able to touch it for a while. ;(

@1337W422102: The best kind of compliment.

@TheSeductiveMoose: Neat thread :O And do it! Practice practice! Ain't nothing greater than being able to create from your mind. :D
#72 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

The shins definitely look better now. Keep working on it!

#73 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@aurahack: 
Aren't you done yet? =P
Show us!
#74 Posted by Daveyo520 (6852 posts) -

I want to do inappropriate things to her...

#75 Posted by Hyperfludd (373 posts) -
Loving the Moxxi love in this thread, and may I say that @aurahack: 's work looks impressive. I will contribute to this thread with a Mad Moxxi cosplayer I found during NYCC.
#76 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

What are you outlining with?

#77 Posted by Aas (604 posts) -

I respect anyone who can draw. Good job!

#78 Posted by aurahack (2277 posts) -
@Aas:  Thank you!

@TheMustacheHero: Pen tool.

@Hyperfludd: That is awesome and I wish to do "bad" things to her. >>

For those wondering about progress, I have one word for you: "midterms". :( I'll hopefully have more time to work on it once I get through this flurry of school assignments.
#79 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -
@aurahack: man... what is up with you and Moxxi....
#80 Posted by aurahack (2277 posts) -
@nohthink:  I like her character and therefor chose to make a drawing of her?
#81 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Nicely Done.  It looks great.  Color it and get back to us.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.