Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 09

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 12, 2008

Twenty years in the making, a new Madden arrives, this gridiron great allows you to showcase your skills in this annual tradition of football Americana.

Franchise sucks!

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I used to spend alot of hours playing franchise in the older maddens. 09's franchise is horrible, players don't get better and it is so limited. All the old options are gone players doing have reactions an morale doesn't affect anything. I hate it, i was thinking of getting NFL Head Coach for the franchise cause you have more control

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By giyanks22

The olders maddens are better the new ones suck. the best Next gen sports franchise is nhl 09

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Karmum
    DuhQbnSiLo said:
    "I used to spend alot of hours playing franchise in the older maddens. 09's franchise is horrible, players don't get better and it is so limited. All the old options are gone players doing have reactions an morale doesn't affect anything. I hate it, i was thinking of getting NFL Head Coach for the franchise cause you have more control"
    NFL Head Coach's isn't much better, I have not played 09 at all (Madden 09), but I hated the Career mode in NFL Head Coach 09. Especially since it did not credit me my 100 career wins achievement as a created Head Coach.
    daycru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By daycru

I think achievements kind of killed Franchise mode for me.  Just feels like wasted time playing in Week 9 of the 2018 season.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    daycru said:
    "I think achievements kind of killed Franchise mode for me.  Just feels like wasted time playing in Week 9 of the 2018 season."
    i enjoy it i remember i got to the point that no players were known everyone all retired in Madden 03 and 05... I like building a dynasty
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Player1
    DuhQbnSiLo said:
    "daycru said:
    "I think achievements kind of killed Franchise mode for me.  Just feels like wasted time playing in Week 9 of the 2018 season."
    i enjoy it i remember i got to the point that no players were known everyone all retired in Madden 03 and 05... I like building a dynasty"
    lol I've been there. I would sim seasons, so I could get more draft picks, so I could trade for better players. I only ended up playing one season, but my team was stacked! 
    Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Subway

Yeah all my rookies end up at 75 forever, so i have to get anyone good off of free agency and trade for a good team. its dumb. NFL 2K5 is again my main football games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.