Is a review ever coming?

#1 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -

I'm considering buying this and the only people I trust is Giant Bomb at the moment.

#2 Edited by Demilich (2599 posts) -

No? They already said many times no. Go fucking rent it and use your own decision making powers.

#3 Posted by whackmypinata (941 posts) -

They don't like sports games. If you want, you can read my review, :P.

#4 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -
Demilich said:
"No? They already said many times no."
They did?
When did they say that?
#5 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

When the site launched, in several pod casts, when they did the Madden feature and again a few more times in podcasts.

#6 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -

Aww, man!

#7 Posted by whackmypinata (941 posts) -
Demilich said:
"No? They already said many times no. Go fucking rent it and use your own decision making powers."
Hey man, you don't have to be so damn harsh on the guy.
#8 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

You'd think so, wouldn't you.

#9 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
whackmypinata said:
"Hey man, you don't have to be so damn harsh on the guy."
Have you never read any of Demilich's posts before?  ...and here is their "review".

#10 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -
Demilich said:
"No? They already said many times no. Go fucking rent it and use your own decision making powers."
Thats 5 dollars down the drain. No. Not everyone is a rich bastard like you.
#11 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
"$5"

"Rich"

Oh you.

You obviously have the $60 to buy it, I'm sure you can scrounge up another 5.
#12 Edited by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Someone is bitching about renting games?!  I'm sorry, but it's $5 to pre-order a game that you haven't even played yet.  That's money being put down from basing your decision on what you've only seen and heard about the game.

Meanwhile, you are bitching about spending $6 for a game rental that you keep for 5-days and decide whether it's worth buying or, fuck all, you just end up spending $5 to pick up some extra gamerscore points/trophies/what the fuck ever.

Man, real tough choice for me, I know that for sure.

So sorry...I gotta say that saying it's money down the drain is stupid, especially if you are already willing to pay $60 for the damn thing.

Now, getting off that rant and moving back to topic:

GB has stated repeatedly that they will not be doing a review for Madden 09, so if you are looking for reviews, might I point you to http://www.gamerankings.com?
#13 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Someone is bitching about renting games?!  I'm sorry, but it's $5 to pre-order a game that you haven't even played yet.  That's money being put down from basing your decision on what you've only seen and heard about the game.
Meanwhile, you are bitching about spending $6 for a game rental that you keep for 5-days and decide whether it's worth buying or, fuck all, you just end up spending $5 to pick up some extra gamerscore points/trophies/what the fuck ever.

Man, real tough choice for me, I know that for sure.

So sorry...I gotta say that saying it's money down the drain is stupid, especially if you are already willing to pay $60 for the damn thing.

Now, getting off that rant and moving back to topic:

GB has stated repeatedly that they will not be doing a review for Madden 09, so if you are looking for reviews, might I point you to http://www.gamerankings.com?
"
Totally agree with you, if you are that poor, maybe you're hobbies should not include videogames at all. $5 bucks is expensive to you? How to hell you get the internet? Or maybe you are just a cheap ass that's way too tight with their wallet. If you really want to know, the only difference this year (besides the obvious roster update) is the adapts to you; but they do it in a bad way. So say your IQ for passing is through the roof, but the game just makes your quarterback suck at passing out of the blue to conpensate. IMO the time spent updating everytrade from last year's game would be better spent than the 5 bucks you rent it, unless you care about achievement/trophies.
#14 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Madden 09? Same as Madden [Insert Year Here]!

#15 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"Madden 09? Same as Madden [Insert Year Here]!"
Nope, can't agree with that statement.  I'm not a huge Madden fan (haven't really liked the franchise since 1994, lol), but I played quite a bit of Madden 08 and Madden 09, just to see what the difference was.  If you are playing on the lower difficulties, sure...you won't notice much of a difference.  Madden 09, however, does pack more features than previous titles, the dynamic AI is excellent and keeps you coming back for more, and I think the biggest attraction for me is the Virtual Training Camp.
Sorry, Madden 09 is NOT the same as past Maddens.  They actually DID improve the game quite a bit.

The thing is...you have to dig football to enjoy it.  =  /
#16 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

I just hope they review Madden 07 soon too....

#17 Posted by Player1 (3852 posts) -

Nobody really likes football games, so I don't think they care. Its the same thing every year. What it comes down to is this. If you like the madden series, get it. If not, don't get it. 

#18 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -

The way EA works, every few years they come out with a polished and addicting sports game in each of their series. For instance - MVP Baseball 2005, Madden NFL 2004, NHL 2002, Fifa 2001 - these were some of the "breakthrough" games (as you can tell, I haven't been playing sports games for several years). All other years, you might enjoy it, but it doesn't really hook you. From what I understand, Madden NFL 2009 isn't one of those games. Unfortunately, thanks to EA, I won' t be able to know for sure until February, when the PC version gets released. Although I really don't care because chances are I won't get it.

Anyways, why is GiantBomb the only review site you respect?

I tell everyone I know to go to metacritic - the combined opinions of many game reviewers is far more useful than one site that might have been paid, have a personal liking for a certain genre, etc. Metacritic manages to take the single most important line out of every review and put it on their compilation page.

For video reviews, I go to Gamespot and GiantBomb. But I don't usually watch the video review unless I'm really interested in a game.

#19 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -
xruntime said:

They are not run by a company. They are the company. Dig that.
#20 Edited by DualReaver (3882 posts) -
Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"xruntime said:

They are not run by a company. They are the company. Dig that."
They're run by 4chan. Everything is ran by 4chan.
#21 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -

Don't know what that is but ok.

#22 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -
#23 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -

Uh.....ok...

#24 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

yeah, they seriously need to bring someone on board for sports game in particular. 

sports games, whatever your opinion on sports may be, should still be respected for the fact that they are in depth and contain lots and lots of gameplay. 
madden in particular is a very skill-based game. takes a long time to master. and theres always someone better than you. 
#25 Posted by MKO619 (85 posts) -

No, Unless Giant Bomb Hires me!!!!!!

#26 Posted by steelharrison (116 posts) -

no

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.