Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 09

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 12, 2008

Twenty years in the making, a new Madden arrives, this gridiron great allows you to showcase your skills in this annual tradition of football Americana.

No CPU AI sliders?!... EA say it aint so..

Esineon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Esineon
    Upon my search for info about Madden, I found this article. The paragragh here suggest a very bad thing for Madden, IMO.

"

But the developers of Madden apparently forgot or didn't bother to include sliders for the computer characters in the new version, according to one reviewer who got an early copy of the game. On a discussion forum at OperationSports.com, a "Madden" designer jumped into the discussion and admitted that, yeah, EA really messed up.

"There are in fact no CPU sliders. I discovered this myself about 2 weeks ago as well, and was kind of wondering when I should break the news. I wish I had an explanation, but I don't. There's not all that much more I can say about it. ... There's one other bit of bad news that I discovered at the same time, and that is there is no custom controller configuration anymore. Again, I don't really have an explanation."

Full Article: http://www.postbulletin.com/newsmanager/templates/localnews_story.asp?z=19&a=355543

I hope for the love of all things madden this isnt tru. I love adjusting the AI to make it realisticly aggressive. It has been in madden for all of this decade so far. No reason to remove it. I hope it isnt true. I

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By ManMadeGod

Sorry buddy, it's not in the game.
    I have seen some people on other forums talking about some patch that is going to add the sliders in. Don't know if any of that is true.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.