Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 09

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 12, 2008

Twenty years in the making, a new Madden arrives, this gridiron great allows you to showcase your skills in this annual tradition of football Americana.

Presentation... Important or Not?

BigDo6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BigDo6

I have felt, since the release of NFL 2k5 that Madden's lack of commitment to television style presentation has been atrocious. But, I wanted to see what other Madden fans thought. How do you feel about Madden's style of presentation, since its movement to the 360? And, regardless of your answer, do you feel a football game, needs quality presentation to be engaging to you personally?

Esineon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Esineon

Presentation is soo important. We overlook it with gameplay but presentation can make or break a sports game, and it has for madden too. I liked 08 a lot, but as good, or improved, as the gameplay was, the presentation, for lack of a better word, sucked. NFL 2k5 did have the whole espn thing going which made rounded the curves that madden sorta left untouched. now that madden has the espn license, it is obvious that they never use it... no highlights, no espn/nfl live presentations.... i think the improvements of presentation would actually focus the game more on what can be added in the off-season features.

All in all, as secondary as presentation is, it is very important and can turn me off to a game easily if done poorly or not at all.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By ManMadeGod

Presentation has killed Madden year after year.
    I don't feel like going on a massive rant. All I have to say is watch the clip after you win the Super Bowl. Disgusting.
    I want interviews, newspaper reports, locker views after big playoff games, a crowd that is alive. EA has to stop adding in dumb features and fix some of the sloppy ends in the football gameplay and beef up the games presentation.

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By pbhawks45

Yeah, it really hurts the Madden franchise IMO.

They have the ESPN license, freaking use it.

Esineon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Esineon
    I just want a hightlight package of games for the end of sunday games!

I almost think that they took the ESPN license to to screw 2k.. if thats the case, that is cold blooded and good business
    Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Shawn

I think presentation and gameplay have a supply and demand relationship.

In the past Madden games, the lack of good presentation ushered a very high demand of better gameplay. From what I've seen 09 really improves on the presentation factor, Lets see what happens.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By Bennyishere

I too think presentation is very important. From what I've seen in the Madden demos, it seems like they're just slapping on the same interface they used in FIFA and NHL. Hopefully they'll be more creative later.

Esineon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Esineon
    Bennyishere said:
    "I too think presentation is very important. From what I've seen in the Madden demos, it seems like they're just slapping on the same interface they used in FIFA and NHL. Hopefully they'll be more creative later.
    "
    And thats my point.. more creative later... what about the good ole days when they threw everything they had into the game the first year. now, every interview i hear, its 'we are working on new stuff for next year'... that stuff should be in this year. i remember when each year felt like a big leap. now its like a baby crawl to the promise land that is "overall good game".

that said.. ima still buy it at launch. cant help myself :-P
    TIGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TIGER

I miss John Madden's captain obvious of comments.

"WELL IF HE WOULDA CAUGHT THAT ONE IT WOULDA BEEN A COMPLETE PASS GOBBLEGOBBLE!"

Esineon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Esineon
    TIGER said:
    "I miss John Madden's captain obvious of comments.

"WELL IF HE WOULDA CAUGHT THAT ONE IT WOULDA BEEN A COMPLETE PASS GOBBLEGOBBLE!"
    "

Or pat summerall's  play by play... or even when there was no play by play. and if you get a good hit, all you hear is madden say "Where that truck come from?!"
    Butters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Butters

Yeah I don't see why EA aren't making a great NFL 2K5 presentation with the ESPN license they have. This pretty much shows that they bought the license just so that other football games that are made wouldn't have it, as I haven't seen any ESPN content.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Shawn
    TIGER said:
    "I miss John Madden's captain obvious of comments.

"
    Haha, I remember him saying useless stuff like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.