I think I helped Dave and hurt Jeff in "The Wager"

#1 Posted by JJWeatherman (14570 posts) -

My friend bought Madden 10 today and brought it over to play. Most if not all of the achievements require the player to be playing alone to receive. Therefore I did not earn any achievements for the game. Did I still help to doom Jeff to a terrible gin-filled fate? I thought What they agreed on was to tally people who have played by achievements. So if I have no achievements, I have done no potential harm to Jeff's liver right?    :P

#2 Posted by choffy21 (1376 posts) -

Actually, no, you don't need to be alone to achieve them. Last night during the monsoon storm, I simply turned on my second controller and got almost half of the achievements in one game!

Too easy not too.

#3 Edited by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -

Jeff took the bad side of the bet and I think even he knows that.

#4 Posted by jakob187 (21758 posts) -

I think that more people should be playing Wolfenstein...but I haven't played it yet.  I won't be playing Madden 10, however, so Jeff has my vote! 

PUNISH DAVE!!!  PUNISH THE COVER-UP!!!

#5 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

I missed it. What's the bet anyway?

#6 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -
@natetodamax: If Madden 10 has more players than Wolfenstein on Giant Bomb then Jeff has to take a shot of gin.  If it's the other way around then Dave has to take the shot.
#7 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

I think I'm pretty safe :D

#8 Posted by and333 (843 posts) -

Madden 10 sadly will always sell alot! and it makes me even more sad cause Jeff will have to take a shot of gin! I hope you feel dirty for this victory dave!

#9 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -

Not playing either. I suppose it's better for me since I don't have to pick sides. So take that Jeff and Dave!

#10 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1485 posts) -
@Dr_Feelgood38: That's the way to go, my brother's been playing Madden and I've been lacking money/people who have Wolfenstein.
#11 Posted by and333 (843 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan: Take your bros disc and snap it in half, or better yet trade it in! Support Jeff! wouldn't it be so much better to see the underdog win this time!
#12 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1485 posts) -
@and333: My brother's like 220 lbs of muscle, and while in shape, I am no where no the level of his. That and he has 70 pounds on me.
I prefer living, sorry Jeff.
#13 Posted by and333 (843 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan: Dude all you need to do is get a shot of gin....and throw it in his damn face! Or call him a fatty, most guys that big are big ass softies!
#14 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

I honestly thought Jeff was gonna take this, I thought people were done with Madden. Turns out it's selling like hotcakes here in the UK too. Weird.

Sorry Jeff, now take it like a man, I've drunk a shot of worse!

#15 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

This was always going to be a gimmie for Dave right or wrong. Madden > Wolfenstein for sales.

#16 Posted by Tuggah (1073 posts) -

I want to help Dave but SI needs to get Madden to me.

#17 Posted by JJWeatherman (14570 posts) -

Well, I hope Jeff is getting warmed up to drink some gin because with just a few more days left, it's pretty much hopeless. It's nearly two to one against Jeff as I type this.

#18 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

Definitely closer then I expected but i really didn't think Jeff could win at any point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.