Michael Vick to be added to Madden soon...

#1 Posted by pbhawks45 (736 posts) -

I wonder what his ratings will be. Here's the link for those interested. Link

Even as a Cowboys fan, I'm glad to see that the Eagles picked up Vick. Andy Reid is a great coach, and he knows how to deal with people who have had run-ins with the law, like his two sons. I hope he does great. Just not against Dallas. :)

#2 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3559 posts) -

Isn't this the piece of human garbage that ran dog fights?  Getting a DUI, or speeding too much is a run-in with the law.  Forcing animals to kill each other means you should rot in jail, not go back to playing football and appearing in video games.  Fuck that guy.  I wouldn't care if someone on an opposing team severs his spine.

#3 Posted by tekmojo (2299 posts) -

Extremely dangerous player for the Eagles' offense, should be exciting NFC east this year.

#4 Posted by choffy21 (1376 posts) -

What the fuck did the Eagles sign him for? I love the team, and never though Vick should have been the only person involved in the whole thing to go to jail (his cousin was the one living in the house anyways, it was just in Vick's name), but still. Why?

How are we going to use him? We have Donovan as the quarterback. Westbrook and McCoy are fine running backs. We have Jackson and Maclin as receivers. Are we really going to run the wildcat offense THAT much?

Oh, and look for a lot of people playing as the Eagles online, and using Vick as QB1. Happened all the time in the older Madden games.

#5 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Haha, this gives me yet another reason to hate the Eagles.

#6 Posted by tekmojo (2299 posts) -
@choffy21:  

Sometimes starting QBs get benched, injured, etc.
#7 Posted by choffy21 (1376 posts) -
@tekmojo said:
" @choffy21:  

Sometimes starting QBs get benched, injured, etc. "
True, but what about Kolb? We drafted him with a second-round pick just a couple years ago. Did we officially give up on him?
#8 Posted by tekmojo (2299 posts) -
@choffy21 said:
" @tekmojo said:
" @choffy21:  

True, but what about Kolb? We drafted him with a second-round pick just a couple years ago. Did we officially give up on him? "
Well Kolb had 0 touchdowns last season, and 4 INTs. He just hasn't found his place and had the reps. to get used to the offense.
#9 Posted by RiddleBrother (511 posts) -

I bet his ratings will be really high. He's top dog in my book.

#10 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

As long as I'm able to bet money on other players beating him [Vicks] to death, and then have those players who killed him, tortured for the sole purpose to keep them as violent killing machines...then, I got nothing wrong with him appearing in the new Madden.

#11 Posted by pbhawks45 (736 posts) -
@choffy21 said:
" @tekmojo said:
" @choffy21:  

True, but what about Kolb? We drafted him with a second-round pick just a couple years ago. Did we officially give up on him? "
You should. I think this move proves that they have no confidence in him. Kolb is pretty mobile for a QB, so the fact that they signed another mobile QB says they don't like what they see with him.

My guess is every 1st or 2nd quarter, they're going to give Vick a series to give McNabb a rest, and to change the pace. Any time you can you can put McNabb on the bench and (potentially, we don't know how good he'll be), not have a big loss of production, you should do it. McNabb doesn't run past the line of scrimmage anymore, so Vick could keep the threat of a mobile QB still alive.

They could also use him if they plan on running the Wildcat formation. He's too good of an athlete not to have on a team. Now, while Maclin and Jackson are good (Jackson's going to be a star IMO, just needs to not be a bonehead),  but they're still young receivers who struggled against good secondaries last year. Now, Vick hasn't played receiver in the pros, but he was one of the fastest in the league before he went to jail. And he's only 30.

McNabb has two or three at most good years left in his career. They're obviously trying to go for broke this season, with the acquisitions of Vick and Jason Peters, who will protect McNabb's blind side much better than Winston Justice (ZOMG 12 sacks in a game), and this move makes them even scarier. 

It'll be interesting to see how the NFC East shapes out. Despite being a big Cowboys fan, my guess is for them is a 6-10 or 7-9 season. The Giants probably will finish 8-8 or 9-7, and  the Redskins will probably finish around there as well. For the Eagles, it all depends on injuries. If McNabb can play a full year and play productively, 12-4 is certainly possible. If the injury bug hits them, I could see them finishing 5-11 as well.
#12 Posted by JamesF (1489 posts) -
@RiddleBrother said:
" I bet his ratings will be really high. He's top dog in my book. "
A-ha!
#13 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
@RiddleBrother said:
Ah ha ha, I see what you did there.
#14 Posted by Eric5676 (36 posts) -

Vick in the Wildcat formation is going to be far and away the most common thing anyone sees in an online session of Madden 2010, guaranteed.

#15 Edited by cspiffo (860 posts) -
@choffy21 said:

" What the fuck did the Eagles sign him for? I love the team, and never though Vick should have been the only person involved in the whole thing to go to jail (his cousin was the one living in the house anyways, it was just in Vick's name), but still. Why?  How are we going to use him? We have Donovan as the quarterback. Westbrook and McCoy are fine running backs. We have Jackson and Maclin as receivers. Are we really going to run the wildcat offense THAT much?  Oh, and look for a lot of people playing as the Eagles online, and using Vick as QB1. Happened all the time in the older Madden games. "

Yeah, I don't get it either.  I can't see him getting much play time.  My thoughts about him as a person are that he did his time, he's out, and he has a skill that could be useful to some team in the NFL; he's still a piece of trash though letting his family run that horrible operation.
#16 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
@RiddleBrother said:
massive lulz. :D
#17 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

Him coming back to play in the NFL is bullshit.

#18 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

I'm so motherfucking sick of hearing shit about Michael Vick.

#19 Edited by Phished0ne (2483 posts) -

once again people blah blah blahing about a dude who fought dogs( a common practice in urban centers *please dont take me as defending it because i am not*). But i still have not seen as many people talking about  Stallworth.. who took a Human life,  and is getting  a very forgiving sentence considering he pleaded guilty to manslaughter, and will probably be back in the NFL once his suspension is served.

#20 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

#21 Edited by AndrewB (7496 posts) -
@Phished0ne said:

" once again people blah blah blahing about a dude who fought dogs( a common practice in urban centers *please dont take me as defending it because i am not*). But i still have not seen as many people talking about  Stallworth.. who took a Human life,  and is getting  a very forgiving sentence considering he pleaded guilty to manslaughter, and will probably be back in the NFL once his suspension is served. "

True, but there have been plenty of other murderers, oh, wait... *accessories* to murder... that still roam the NFL freely as well, and nobody seems to remember that, either. Being a well-known athlete seems to net you at least one free murder.
#22 Posted by Phished0ne (2483 posts) -
@AndrewB:  Truth, my point is just the same point i have been making ever since this whole  vick case got started, it is getting dangerous in this society where we have more awareness about someone who fought dogs then people who committed crimes that actually effected other human beings, a lot more directly then dogfighting does. 

It is amazing how many people arent aware of the shit that has gone down in the NFL when it comes to serious crimes. People are more aware of Ricky Williams being a pothead then Ray Lewis, or Donte Stallworth.
#23 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

Good, he fought some dogs, he did his time, get him back in the game ASAP.

#24 Posted by AndrewB (7496 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
" Good, he fought some dogs, he did his time, get him back in the game ASAP. "
All I can picture is Michael Vick actually boxing a pair of dogs with the phrasing "he fought some dogs" :D
#25 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
Its actually a reprehensible miscarriage of justice and he got off due to a double standard set in place for athletes. But yeah "get over it guys put him in the game".
Put OJ in while you're at it, he's still strong enough to kill people and steal he can play halfback.
#26 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" @TooWalrus said:
Its actually a reprehensible miscarriage of justice and he got off due to a double standard set in place for athletes. But yeah "get over it guys put him in the game". Put OJ in while you're at it, he's still strong enough to kill people and steal he can play halfback. "
Absolutely. THIS GUY knows what I'm talking about
#27 Posted by AndrewB (7496 posts) -
@TooWalrus: Whole new meaning to "shotgun formation."
#28 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -
@AndrewB said:
" @TooWalrus: Whole new meaning to "shotgun formation." "
lol, good one

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.