Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 10

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 14, 2009

Madden 10 propels us into the next decade with procedural awareness. Madden 10 introduces a physics based player interaction engine known as Pro-Tak that features gang tackles, improved OL/DL play, and WR/DB interactions.

Need help with Defence

chrisovc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chrisovc

Work buddies and i are going to do a franchise together, I picked Carolina and when i face the computer or face a friends, i do pretty well on offense with the short passes and running the ball, On defense i can stop the run pretty well but seems like every time there's  a pass i cant stop it, even when i know there gonna throw the ball i cant seem to pick the right kind of plays to stop it. it kinda sucks when i come back in the 4th and I'm ahead by 3 with only 50 seconds left, but when my friend can just keep doing medium to deep passes and comes back with a touchdown leaving only 2 seconds left. sucks big time. So what kind of plays should i be picking to stop the pass or at least get it so i put pressure on the qb to force a bad pass.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JamesF

Just use a nickel or dime package. Something that spreads out the players a lot, making them able to cover all the receivers.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By choffy21

Zone Blitz's are your friend.

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Magnum
    @choffy21 said:
    " Zone Blitz's are your friend. "
    this
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By keyhunter

You can solve any problems you have by playing any and all releases of any Blitz game.

Ugalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ugalde

This is a problem that I have had also. I played a game online and offense was easy. Then Deffense was impossible. I can't stop passing but destroyed the chargers running. I stopped playing because I was so frustrated that I lost because of bullcrap.
    SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SUBL1ME

If you're looking at more than 3 receivers Nickel or Dime is usually the way to go. You've got to spread out your coverage otherwise they'll run past you like it was nothing.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ

You need some help? Okay, it's spelled "DefenSe" 

But in all seriousness, part of the problem is that Carolina just salary dumped Ken Lucas, who is a pretty good cornerback, and i'm not sure they had someone competant to replace him. Play calling may be your biggest issue, but i'd consider having your panthers trade for a new starting cornerback. 

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By choffy21
    @AgentJ said:
    " You need some help? Okay, it's spelled "DefenSe"  But in all seriousness, part of the problem is that Carolina just salary dumped Ken Lucas, who is a pretty good cornerback, and i'm not sure they had someone competant to replace him. Play calling may be your biggest issue, but i'd consider having your panthers trade for a new starting cornerback.  "
    Defensive personnel is a relatively easy thing to overcome. It's all about play calling. If you want the easiest way to win, keep blitzing while keeping zone coverage. If they find a way to start moving the chains, it's simply a matter of getting more creative (i.e. using Playmaker to audible a linebacker to blitz).

My prior experience as a linebacker may help with it, but going with a 3 or 4 man rush not only makes it hard to stop the run, but gives the QB all day to throw. You start to force bad passes when you bring 6 or 7.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
    @choffy21 said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " You need some help? Okay, it's spelled "DefenSe"  But in all seriousness, part of the problem is that Carolina just salary dumped Ken Lucas, who is a pretty good cornerback, and i'm not sure they had someone competant to replace him. Play calling may be your biggest issue, but i'd consider having your panthers trade for a new starting cornerback.  "
    Defensive personnel is a relatively easy thing to overcome. It's all about play calling. If you want the easiest way to win, keep blitzing while keeping zone coverage. If they find a way to start moving the chains, it's simply a matter of getting more creative (i.e. using Playmaker to audible a linebacker to blitz).  My prior experience as a linebacker may help with it, but going with a 3 or 4 man rush not only makes it hard to stop the run, but gives the QB all day to throw. You start to force bad passes when you bring 6 or 7. "
    True but if he does that he becomes vulnerable to quick passes, so the key would be to mix up the zone locations and disguise the coverage
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By choffy21
    @AgentJ said:
    " @choffy21 said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    Defensive personnel is a relatively easy thing to overcome. It's all about play calling. If you want the easiest way to win, keep blitzing while keeping zone coverage. If they find a way to start moving the chains, it's simply a matter of getting more creative (i.e. using Playmaker to audible a linebacker to blitz).  My prior experience as a linebacker may help with it, but going with a 3 or 4 man rush not only makes it hard to stop the run, but gives the QB all day to throw. You start to force bad passes when you bring 6 or 7. "
    True but if he does that he becomes vulnerable to quick passes, so the key would be to mix up the zone locations and disguise the coverage "
    You can live with quick passes. The only real thing that works against that is PA passes or have the RB run a route to the sideline and pass.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ
    @choffy21 said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " @choffy21 said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    True but if he does that he becomes vulnerable to quick passes, so the key would be to mix up the zone locations and disguise the coverage "
    You can live with quick passes. The only real thing that works against that is PA passes or have the RB run a route to the sideline and pass. "
    If he's rushing so many guys, screen passes and TE routes could really hurt him. I'd agree with 5-6 rushers, but 7 is really pushing it.
    fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By fillmoejoe

Someone should do a beginner's guide or play calling guide.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By choffy21
    @fillmoejoe said:
    " Someone should do a beginner's guide or play calling guide. "
    Hmm... I might just have to d that...
    Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
    @fillmoejoe said:
    "Someone should do a beginner's guide or play calling guide. "

Not a bad idea......Yep,someone should totally do that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.