Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 11

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 10, 2010

This year's Madden is the 22nd in the annual installment and features the slogan "Simpler, Quicker, Deeper".

Anyone else stuck in the same trap of buying this game every year

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By turboman

I tried to hold off any excitement for this game, but the past couple of days has seen me obsessing over getting this game tomorrow, with a deal from gamestop letting me get the game for 20 bucks if I traded in 3D Dot Heroes and my copy of inFAMOUS(or my copy of CoD:MW2).... 

it's just that I feel that it's a good justification to upgrade to this years version for updated rosters and a couple of other features... 

who's on the same boat as I am?

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By gla55jAw

For some reason I had no idea it was coming out tomorrow. I thought it was usually the end of the month. I will buy it. Too big of an NFL and Madden fan to not pick it up. Guess I'll swing by the Best Buy or Gamestop tomorrow.

Tricks73r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Tricks73r

I'm like that for the NHL series. I completely understand where you're coming from, but they do update quite a bit. Well, with the NHL series anyhow. New physics, new ideas, new areas of realism. For instance, there's a brand new physics engine coming in this year's NHL11, broken sticks, crazy new board-play features and new dekes; being able to kick the puck around intentionally...man, I could go on forever, but I'll stop lest I get the urge to freeze myself until next month.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Skytylz

I wasn't but my cousin's ps3 was stolen and he is gonna pay for half of it so he can come over and play it.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

No, not with Madden. I do buy each iteration of the Call of Duty series though. My sports game this year is NBA Jam.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Griddler

I tried the Madden 11 demo which was my first ever experience with the series and I found it quite boring, I can see how it might be fun for people who know a lot about the sport but due to the fact you don't know the opponents tactics I never knew which player to control so I found myself watching my teammates do all the work. Playing on the offense is more fun and I imagine is even more so when you understand what formations work.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7  Edited By turboman
    @girdz said:
    " I tried the Madden 11 demo which was my first ever experience with the series and I found it quite boring, I can see how it might be fun for people who know a lot about the sport but due to the fact you don't know the opponents tactics I never knew which player to control so I found myself watching my teammates do all the work. Playing on the offense is more fun and I imagine is even more so when you understand what formations work. "
    A HUGE problem that hasn't really been played around with in the madden series(and most sports games in general) is that defense isn't much fun. Madden hasn't really focused on upgrading it since they introduced the hitstick, etc.  

I just play as a defensive end... the minigame between them and the O-Line is entertaining enough until you're back on offense.
    silentghost227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By silentghost227

I am set this year since I got the game for free. 

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joker369

I got it with the SI promotion

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By Atlas

No, I got burned on too many modern generation Madden games. Call me when they make a Madden game that's better than 05.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By hockeymask27

No not really. However if you replace Madden with NHL... oh god i'm getting the shakes must resist. SEPTEMBER 7TH!

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By c1337us

I bought a Madden game once and played it twice. I don't even remember what year it was.

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By herocide

Last Madden game I bought was '03 for the Gamecube, and only because NFL Gameday stopped being published. I liked the training stuff in '03, but I've gotten over football (and especially sports games) so I don't see any incentive in paying for better visuals and different dudes.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By jacdg

Yes this will be my 6th year in a row, I'll play it more or less every day for a few months, then big games are released and I forget about Madden. But yes, I buy it every year, and love it.

stunningsteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By stunningsteve

this is the first time in 3 years that I have not picked up the game launch day...and it feels good

Avatar image for professorzombie
    ProfessorZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By ProfessorZombie

Every year, I feel like they will make the changes that they should make. Instead, i feel i get penuts included with my Madden 11. I have Madden coming to me in the mail friday, and I really hope I enjoy it.

Oncomouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Oncomouse

I'm in a weird spot. I follow football close enough that having outdated rosters in an older release bothers me. But I'm not willing to buy new every year - I rarely buy games until they hit around $30 anyways. I loved NFL 2K5 back in the day because it was every bit as good as Madden but only $20 on day one.  I wish it was still around. The last time I bought Madden before this year was 07 for the Wii that was garbage and I swore off for a while. I got back in this year on the 360 and I'm very glad I did. I love the simplified and streamlined design. I've already made it though a season and won the Super Bowl so I could see Aaron Rodgers shake hands with virtual Obama. I don't know when I'll buy in again though, probably not unitll next generation.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Claude

I quit when I started buying Tiger Woods PGA Tour every year... around 2001 or so.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Malakhii

I try to skip a few years in between, I say try because sometimes I fail and get sucked back in. If you do wait a few years though the game does seem fresher, and I'll play it for longer. 

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tuggah

I have gotten myself to a one Madden every two years schedule. Madden 12 better be good.

Avatar image for Unannounced_Fart
    Omelet_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Omelet_Pants

I buy it every year because I'm addicted to the online play. 

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Kyreo

No.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Chummy8

At first I thought I'd buy the games every two years.  The trouble is, once I decided to do that, I stopped buying them completely.  i do kinda want this one, but the obvious ads make me apprehensive.  Plus, I'm not sure a person with my vast vocabulary is actually the right target market for this game. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.