Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 11

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 10, 2010

This year's Madden is the 22nd in the annual installment and features the slogan "Simpler, Quicker, Deeper".

GiantBomb Madden Xbox 360 League

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By dexterslu
    @bonebreak2000 said:

" I'd love to be an alternate for the Dolphins if superman drops out "  

Are you sure you don't want to get into the league this season? we've still got a few teams left!  
    @Turtlemayor333
    said:

" (Eagles here)

I signed Kevin Curtis and Tra Thomas just before you made your post, both former Philadelphia vets. Not to be confrontational but as long as these signings are somewhat in the realm of realism I think you should let them stand. I get where you're coming from and it is easier to make a blanket "ERASE ALL FREE AGENT ACTIVITY" post but can we at least make some kind of appeal? Is somebody gonna tell me these two signings stack the odds in my favor? This is absolutely an EA problem, not yours. But until they make online franchise as fleshed out as it needs to be we should try to figure out some kind of compromise. "

I think some might argue that while they might not stack the odds in your favor, the certainly cover up your disadvantages.  I don't expect many of you to be happy about the decision, but I hope that you will at least respect that I am attempting to keep the league as level as possible. If there a certain injuries that your team sustains throughout the season which would potentially  force you to sign a free agent, then sure, that is a scenario when it is necessary to sign a FA.  

Also
    The issue with Tra Thomas specifically is that he is actually on the Chargers this season - so he is not a free agent. I'm going to do a run down on free agents soon, so we at least know who is actually a free agent at this moment. 
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Karmum

I officially joined, so I'm no long a no show anymore. Giants slot filled. Cannot wait to start!

Edit - I've read the thing about free agents, but what about trades. Are trades fair game?

bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By bonebreak2000

Joined as Dolphins team.  

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By dexterslu
    @Karmum said:
    " I officially joined, so I'm no long a no show anymore. Giants slot filled. Cannot wait to start!  Edit - I've read the thing about free agents, but what about trades. Are trades fair game? "
    Trades should be fine, the big difference between them in my opinion is that these things essentially police themselves - if you want to trade away some stuff, go for it. Plus, it helps that this is built into the actual online franchise, I've currently got it on - if people feel like we shouldn't have trades either I can turn it off..but as it stands it seems to be fine. 
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105  Edited By Karmum

Trades being good sounds...good. Giants have some gaping holes (at least in my opinion) that I'm glad I can address via trades. But if you've got some skill, those holes shrink because of that.

I can almost say I will dedicate most of my time now to Madden in the online franchise. In 3 hours of play, I have all but one of the achievements for Madden. Yeah, I'm one of those sports achievement whores. 49 Madden Moments are a bitch.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By NickL

ill be the bills lol... dont much care for any of the teams left so i might as well be in the division where i get to try beating alex twice right? (plus im a fan of Byrd
    edit: i was one of those no shows last year but that was due to some internet problems involving me moving... shouldnt be a problem this year

Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Turtlemayor333

Not a great start at all for my Eagles in the home opener. Welcome to Madden 11 I guess.

Luckily I'm not the type to get angry but I can already tell my one pet peeve during this is going to be the field goal kicking. With any amount of lag it doesn't matter if you're using David Akers or Charlie Brown.

Travis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Travis

Ugh, my gold ran out today.  But I should be able to renew it today, when are we going to start playing games?

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By dexterslu
    @Travis said:
    " Ugh, my gold ran out today.  But I should be able to renew it today, when are we going to start playing games? "
    Games began last night as of 12:00 AM EST
    FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By FongGhoul
    @dexterslu: No problem on the Free Agents policy - I will get on and get my team (Chargers) back the way they were as soon as I can (tonight). 

So if I'm supposed to play the Chiefs, and nobody selects them, am I just playing the CPU?  Is the league locked at that point?
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By dexterslu
    @FongGhoul said:

" @dexterslu: No problem on the Free Agents policy - I will get on and get my team (Chargers) back the way they were as soon as I can (tonight).  So if I'm supposed to play the Chiefs, and nobody selects them, am I just playing the CPU?  Is the league locked at that point? "

Yup, League roster is official as of 12:00 AM EST last night - feel free to play the game against the CPU. We had two teams that weren't claimed Chiefs and Bills  

ALSO: We have TWO no shows - Both opponents of the Raiders and Steelers feel free to play your games if you can't get a hold of either GB member Wednesday.
    Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Troispoint

Look out! Alex is on his way to a SuperBowl with that win! 37-28 Pats- Bengals

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By dexterslu

I updated the first post of the thread with league info, resources etc.. 

Check it out!

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By NickL
    @dexterslu said:

• If you have the Bills, Browns, Steelers or the Raiders on your schedule, you will be playing the CPU  

oh no! im a cpu! =p 

lost my first game as the bills 34-21 against the dolphins 
    was alot of fun though.... about 2 minutes into the game i realized i didnt know what types of offensive and defensive plays are effective with the bills since i never actually play as them... maybe ill play a few online games as them to get a better feel for the team before my next game lol
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By dexterslu
    @NickL said:
    " @dexterslu said:

• If you have the Bills, Browns, Steelers or the Raiders on your schedule, you will be playing the CPU  

oh no! im a cpu! =p  lost my first game as the bills 34-21 against the dolphins was alot of fun though.... about 2 minutes into the game i realized i didnt know what types of offensive and defensive plays are effective with the bills since i never actually play as them... maybe ill play a few online games as them to get a better feel for the team before my next game lol "
    whoops! I meant to write the chiefs, my fault sir!
    quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By quinistheman

Oh man, I've got the Raiders week 1 and Steelers week 2.  Guess I'll have to wait to get beat by a real person.

bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By bonebreak2000
    @NickL:   Hey Nick was a fun game.  Thanks for stepping up tot play the bills.  Was a lot more fun than playing the CPU for sure. 

I cant believe you converted that 4th down!  I was screaming!
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By NickL
    @bonebreak2000 said:
    " @NickL:   Hey Nick was a fun game.  Thanks for stepping up tot play the bills.  Was a lot more fun than playing the CPU for sure.  I cant believe you converted that 4th down!  I was screaming! "
    haha ya i got lucky with that desperation shot, still wasnt enough though 
    i was screaming when you got that touchdown with 10 seconds left in the first half! you broke like 2 tackles and barely made it in and if you had gone down you wouldnt have had time to get the fieldgoal off lol
    bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By bonebreak2000

haha i know i saw you pause it to try and challenge.  Was a fun one.   Pretty balanced game with run and pass and each of us had a couple game changing plays.

Looking forward to round 2 with you late in the season.

cronox2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#120  Edited By cronox2

Hey I'm still here guys, just wasn't around at all around the weekend.

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By dexterslu

Just  a quick reminder guys, you've got about 26 hours left to play your games. The week will advance at 12:00 AM EST Wednesday.

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By tracerace11

btw... just thought I would throw this on the forums, but Brian Westbrook just signed a deal with the 49ers. 

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#123  Edited By sarge1445

Hey the AFC playoffs are going through Denver this year bitches

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By dexterslu
    @tracerace11 said:
    " btw... just thought I would throw this on the forums, but Brian Westbrook just signed a deal with the 49ers.  "
    Yeah, the 49er's owner has already signed him..
    quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By quinistheman
    @sarge1445: I think you might misunderstand the term "fantasy football."
    GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By GenghisJohn

Man i just played my first game, my Bucs against the empty CPU spot.  Its going to be a long season, the bucs are fucking terrible this season!

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By tracerace11

lol yea man.... but you can build them up!!

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By dexterslu

I just advanced the week, we only had one game not played this week - luckily these no shows were playing each other, let me know if you have difficulty contacting either one of these guys but this is what I'm thinking - if you No Show/No Response you get ONE warning. After the first warning you will be removed from the league, what do you guys think of this policy? 

bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By bonebreak2000

sounds good as a general rule.  Its probably a case by case basis.

bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By bonebreak2000

I'd also like to add that i think trades are a slippery slope in a "simulation league".  If its so critical to drop a FA if he's not on your team then I don't really understand why its ok for a team to trade for a player that is not on their team either.

Im fine with either way I suppose unless we see crazy trades that are unbalanced.  I was just pointing out the discrepancy in rules that are designed to keep the league realistic when we see McNabb playing for the Eagles again.    

I guess the hardest thing will be dealing with injuries.  Like IRL teams have practice squads and FA.  Yet I can grab a player off FA right now thats higher rated that one of my starters.  So its like i'd kinda hope he does get hurt so I can pick up someone better.   What i really wonder is are the player stats locked for our league now?  Like for instance several of these teams have really badly rated starters because its pre season but usually those guys get a little boosted in week 1 or 2.  I wonder if we will get the roster update pushes from EA or if we are locked.

In the end it seems like everyone here is doing this to have fun and keep it realistic.  But sometimes these rules are hard to enforce unless we have people policing the league.   

Food for thought.  

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Troispoint
    @NickL:  When do you wanna play our game?
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By dexterslu
    @bonebreak2000 said:

" I'd also like to add that i think trades are a slippery slope in a "simulation league".  If its so critical to drop a FA if he's not on your team then I don't really understand why its ok for a team to trade for a player that is not on their team either. Im fine with either way I suppose unless we see crazy trades that are unbalanced.  I was just pointing out the discrepancy in rules that are designed to keep the league realistic when we see McNabb playing for the Eagles again.     I guess the hardest thing will be dealing with injuries.  Like IRL teams have practice squads and FA.  Yet I can grab a player off FA right now thats higher rated that one of my starters.  So its like i'd kinda hope he does get hurt so I can pick up someone better.   What i really wonder is are the player stats locked for our league now?  Like for instance several of these teams have really badly rated starters because its pre season but usually those guys get a little boosted in week 1 or 2.  I wonder if we will get the roster update pushes from EA or if we are locked. In the end it seems like everyone here is doing this to have fun and keep it realistic.  But sometimes these rules are hard to enforce unless we have people policing the league.    Food for thought.   "

The main reason I ruled out the FA signings this year was because I felt like it gave early joiners, and savvy Madden online franchise vets an edge over unsuspecting new-comers. I did give a lot of thought to ruling out trades as well, but the one thing that stuck out in my mind was that for the most part - trades are policed by each individual owner, it's not like someone can trade for another player without having knowledge of what they  are doing. Like I said, if injuries do occur then signing a free agent might be a good route to remedy - however as it stands I don't think the online franchise mode in itself does a good job of implementing regulations into free agency signings, I'm hoping next years version will finally introduce the option to at least have a salary cap.   

As the season progresses I realize it's going to be a lot harder for a lot of you who aren't winning games to keep coming back, but remember we've got a a draft and free agency period in between the next season, and if you really aren't having any luck online the best advice I can give you is to play as your team online in ranked or unranked matches and see what works, I know it can be maddening to give up countless amounts of yards etc but it can really make a difference having experience in different situations. Otherwise if you don't feel comfortable playing online, I'm sure members of the community would be willing to give you a hand with some pointers, tips and just general advice - I know we have quite a few really talented players. 

Anyway, we've still got a handful of games left to play before the week advances this Sunday at 12:00 AM.  Lastly I just want to commend all of you guys for helping to get this league started off on the right foot. I hope all of you are at the very least having a good time and are enjoying meeting members of the community, If you have any issues with anything  please let me know.
    Travis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Travis

Could I sign a free agent if one of my players is injured for the rest of the season?

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By tracerace11
    @Travis: i dont see any of us saying no to injuries man.  Personally, I think its cool. 
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By dexterslu
    @Travis said:
    " Could I sign a free agent if one of my players is injured for the rest of the season? "
    Yeah, like I said in the post - injuries are a different story - especially if you don't have a back-up.
    bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By bonebreak2000

OMG i played the vikings last night.  I held Favre to 1 Pass.  Sadly that didn't matter

No Caption Provided
    MiniverCheevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By MiniverCheevy

Isn't John Henderson on the Raiders not the Broncos?

blah37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By blah37
    @MiniverCheevy said:
    " Isn't John Henderson on the Raiders not the Broncos? "
    That seems to be the case.
    blah37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By blah37

Marion Barber and Miles Austin for Frank Gore and Michael Crabtree?  Interesting.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By NickL

sorry guys i been busy moving in to my apartment at college... if i cant get a game in with troispont tonight then really sorry dude 
    i should be on track and ready to play for the rest of the season tho

GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By GenghisJohn

I just had my game simmed or played without me.  Not that im overly concerned with the loss but I thought we had until tonight (sunday) at midnight?

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By dexterslu
    @GenghisJohn said:
    " I just had my game simmed or played without me.  Not that im overly concerned with the loss but I thought we had until tonight (sunday) at midnight? "
    Yeah, again I apologize. Just an reminder folks - we advance every Saturday and Tuesday evening at 11:59!  

Also just had an epic game with @Travis 
    No Caption Provided
    GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By GenghisJohn

Holy crap.    Did you guys play field goal block D on every play? 

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Troispoint
    @GenghisJohn said:

" Holy crap.    Did you guys play field goal block D on every play?  "

Yeah, I can forgive the Lions for giving up so many points, Cuz they have no defense, but c'mon Vikings player, is Megatron that hard to stop???
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By dexterslu
    @GenghisJohn said:
    " Holy crap.    Did you guys play field goal block D on every play?  "
    Yeah, honestly the Madden gods weren't on my side for the majority of the game, forced me to throw my game plan out the window - but the big story of the game were random turnovers and AP's beast ability - dude is borderline unstoppable in the game. Can't wait to get another shot at them down the road this season..
    Travis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Travis

The Vikings have absolutely no pass defense..  I'm trying to trade Brett Favre if anyone is interested

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

press a until there is football

bonebreak2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By bonebreak2000

That was my experience week 2 against AP as well.  I held Favre to 1 completion the ENTIRE game.  I couldnt stop AP.  The Crunch play of the game was him breaking a tackle in the back field running through 4 more Miami defenders then outrunning my fastest player on the team up the sidelines for 80 yards.  Blehhh  I guess either the tackling slider needs to be moved up or just ALL Madden is required to bring him down. 

I'm willing to Deal Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams for the right offer.  I might be looking to stiffen up my D.  But all offers welcome.

cronox2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#149  Edited By cronox2

@Travis considering Big Ben just went down for me (WTF is with all the broken collarbones EA?) I'd be open for trading for Favre.

MVP1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By MVP1101

I am open for a Favre trade, My D is strong but i don't need him so nothing too crazy ok.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.