Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 12

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 30, 2011

EA's long-running NFL series returns with its 2011 release, Madden NFL 12. It features Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis on the cover, who won as a result of fan voting.

Audio is TERRIBLE

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By asmo917

Has anyone else with a retail copy noticed that the menu music sounds like you're listening to a terribly scratched CD? Without saying anything about the track selections themselves, it's fucking unlistenable. Sometimes the song just drops out completely and then stutters back in. Words cannot express how terrible this sounds.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By clstirens

This has to be a special case.... I don't play madden games, but I cannot honestly believe EA would let that happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b463a5162604
    deactivated-5b463a5162604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i kept getting static when the pa system tried to play something

not a good omen

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By asmo917

Did I say "Menu music?" It's throughout the whole game, and spills over into commentary and crowd noise. The crowd cheering sounds like a three second clip of static that is playing on repeat on a CD player with an obvious "seam" or reset. Unbelievable for a AAA title and publisher.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By emergency

Feel like you must have got a bad disc? Either that or your ears are different to everyone elses. I'm sure this issue would have been spotlighted more if it was on every disc.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Do you have the game installed?  If you are playing off the disc then there is a chance its the dvd drive's laser being dirty or such.
    NerdxBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NerdxBomb

Not having this problem at all. I'd take the disc back.

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By alex

As bad as the commentary in this game is, THAT never happened to me while I was playing it. I think you have a bad disc.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By superfriend

Yeah, sounds like a bad/defective disc. Take it back to the store, they will probably exchange it.
    BTW: If you want to find out if your systems disc drive/ laser is bugging out, just play Gears of War 1 or Uncharted 1 (if you´re on PS3) on it. Those have all sorts of weird issues if your drives not working well ;)

thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thornie_delete

The audio mix is also horrendous. There are times when big plays happen and the crowd is silent. 16 fucking years I've been playing this game, and Tiburon can't figure out that NFL games are loud and raucous? It's like playing football in a fish tank.

NerdxBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NerdxBomb

It's something they can patch no?

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By emergency

@thornie said:

The audio mix is also horrendous. There are times when big plays happen and the crowd is silent. 16 fucking years I've been playing this game, and Tiburon can't figure out that NFL games are loud and raucous? It's like playing football in a fish tank.

You can adjust the audio mix, no?

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By asmo917

Okay, brace yourselves, but someone was wrong about something on the internet. Also, said wrong person went off on a tangent making himself look like an idiot.

Couldn't sleep last night so I popped on Deus Ex to see if I'd have the same issues with another game. No go, so I took a soft, dry cloth to Madden, and it sounded like an actual commercial product. Just played one more full game and pent some time menu cruising, and all the sounds was normal. I'm not saying there aren't some technical issues like bad menu response times and some incongruent audio mixing, but it's not the full fledged tech disaster I made it out to be.

With a TON of disc based media, I've never had one perform so badly fresh out of the case. Guess I've been lucky.

thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thornie_delete

@emergency: You can, but then there are no dynamics, everything is just loud. It's more a of a creative/production flaw then a technical one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.