Freezing issues on PS3?

#1 Posted by BigLemon (1022 posts) -

I've got this iteration of Madden on the PS3 this year, and I am having some terrible lock-up/freezing issues. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have to constantly save because the game will freeze probably once or twice every couple of hours. It's horrible! The disk doesn't appear to be physically scratched, and I can't imagine it's a disk-read issue because my PS3 doesn't do this with any other game.

#2 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

i have freezing issues on 360, sometimes the game will freeze at the press start screen, sometimes at the end of a franchise or MUT game...been happening way too often, i have 2 MUT wins that i didn't get credit or coins for, yet i was docked on my contracts for those cards...not cool

#3 Posted by yevinorion (710 posts) -

This same thing was happening in Madden 11, but they eventually patched it. I'm getting freezes after franchise games, which really sucks.

#4 Posted by BigLemon (1022 posts) -

@yevinorion said:

This same thing was happening in Madden 11, but they eventually patched it. I'm getting freezes after franchise games, which really sucks.

Yep, exactly what happens to me. It's terrible.

#5 Posted by yevinorion (710 posts) -

Yeah it really sucks. I got to the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh in a thriller with a last minute touchdown, 17-14. Now that's lost. Make sure to save after every franchise game so if it crashes you won't lose too much progress. I hope they patch a fix in soon though.

#6 Posted by mike20 (3 posts) -

I haven't had any problems. The game works fine for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.