Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 12

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 30, 2011

EA's long-running NFL series returns with its 2011 release, Madden NFL 12. It features Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis on the cover, who won as a result of fan voting.

The Official GiantBomb Madden Online Franchise (360)

• 145 results
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By dexterslu
    No Caption Provided

This year the league will have two commissioners, myself and brettthancock. If you have any questions, feel free to PM either one of us.

Tentative Start Date: September 11, 2011 12 PST

1. this is a sim league. no going for it every 4th down, no running the no-huddle all game, no abuse of whatever exploit this years game has. just be cool man
    2. we play 2 games a week. we advance every wednesday @ 9pm pst and every saturday at 9pm pst. if the games finish before then, we advance when the last game is finish. if you don't have the time to play 2 games a week, don't join. you'll just have people mad at you that are waiting to advance.
    3. if you are easily angered and feel that losing may cause you to quit, then don't bother joining. we all lose. we all get screwed out of a win we deserved somehow. a guy gets lucky, your guy gets hurt, the madden AI gods decide to make your guys fumble or blow coverages or whatever. dealwithit.gif. venting is fine, but if you're going to throw a fit and quit every other week it's just not worth it to put yourself through that kind of situation!
    4. the online franchise offseason will take a bit of your time. why? because we have the draft, we have free agency, we have a cap, we have all that stuff and it does take time. it's not a great amount of time but if you can't fit it in then don't play.
    5. Don't go for 2 every time because you can't kick. Everyone has to deal with the kicking problems, so you do too.
    6. Regarding 4th downs, just be realistic guys. Don't make me spell out every possible situation, but use these as guidelines:
    a. do not go for it on 4th down if you are winning.
    b. do not go for it in 4th down in your own territory unless it is the 4th quarter and you are down by 2 scores or more OR it is your "final" drive
    c. if you have a 4th down and you are on the cusp of FG range, it is ok to go for it so long as it's a 4th and 5 or less. example: 4th and 3 at your opponents 39 yard line. unless you have the raiders or packers this is a difficult FG and probably not going to go through. i have no problem with a 4th down in this scenario.
    d. NO GOING FOR IT ON 4TH DOWN OF A GAME THAT YOU ARE WINNING OR TIED AND YOU ARE IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY
    just use common sense and try to be realistic.
    GiantBomb User NameXbox Live GTTeamConference
    AlexEdward ApplebyNew England PatriotsAFC East
    murphyjammerMordinEffectNew York JetsAFC East
    TurbopenguinmanTurbopenguinmanMiami DolphinsAFC East
    fazzlefazzle1Buffalo BillsAFC East
    Joker369WacredBaltimore RavensAFC North
    Asmo917Asmo917Cleveland BrownsAFC North
    FredyGTHC SoLoPittsburgh SteelersAFC North
    kinggudda3000kinggudda3000Cincinnati BengalsAFC North
    XtrminatrXtrminatrJacksonville JaguarsAFC South
    tracerace11TracerAce11 (Returning Champion)Houston TexansAFC South
    Louis0nFireLouis0nFireIndianapolis ColtsAFC South
    ProfessorreidProfessor ReidTennessee TitansAFC South
    UCRaiderZeroRaiders7Oakland RaidersAFC West
    sarge1445UndyingSargeDenver BroncosAFC West
    AustinMillerredsoxguy87San Diego ChargersAFC West
    XanderCrewsSI2121ONKansas City ChiefsAFC West
    Choffychoffy21Philadelphia EaglesNFC East
    Sicmeth0dSic Meth0dDallas CowboysNFC East
    TuggahMakinitrainfrm3Washington RedskinsNFC East
    BlastProcessingDurt NaztyNew York GiantsNFC East
    dexterslusmackdexterDetroit LionsNFC North
    Travisx Malvad0Minnesota VikingsNFC North
    TroispointDarth Revan 666Green Bay PackersNFC North
    JSawn13xxJSwan13xxChicago BearsNFC North
    VisceralBishop24Rare BishopNew Orleans SaintsNFC South
    Imenzolxx MENZO xxCarolina PanthersNFC South
    jehrenfriedHitman2485Tampa Bay BuccaneersNFC South
    fresh2deafbillfresh2deafbillAtlanta FalconsNFC South
    xSeanZxx SeanZ xSan Francisco 49er'sNFC West
    NerdxBombNerdxBombArizona CardinalsNFC West
    MrBrettbretthancockSeattle SeahawksNFC West
    SpongetwanDirtyspongeSt. Louis RamsNFC West
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dexterslu
    Get Ready.
    Get Ready.
    Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Turtlemayor333

Firstly I want to say that I wish everyone here the best of luck and it truly isn't my intention to poo-poo this thread. A Madden online franchise of Giant Bomb people SHOULD be awesome and I like seeing a few names here from the Madden 11 franchise. I'm amazed that you've stuck with it.

I played in Giant Bomb's Madden 10 league as the Colts and 11's league as the Eagles, but I'm refraining this year. Call it taking your third piece of advice. It's just too much dealing with people who don't have open NATs on their router so you can't start the match, or maybe they have an otherwise laggy connection, or can't play certain weeks so the game gets simmed, or just lag out halfway through a game. It's no wonder people abandon these leagues. I understand the desire to take in whoever will join and actually attempt playing sim ball, but the quality control has historically been way too low here.

It's fine for random exhibition matches, but for a cohesive league it doesn't work. EA needs to make things more convenient/reliable on their end too, but it comes down to user responsibility.

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By bretthancock

I'll be updating everyone in the other thread to send you a PM or post in this thread for their team request. Of course if you could refer to that one and transfer them in that works too, we will straighten everything out!

Stoked to be a part of this, get ready for Charlie Whitehurst to dominate the pathetic NFC West.

Avatar image for blastprocessing
    BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By BlastProcessing

My gamertag is Durt Nazty

FredyG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By FredyG
    Pittsburgh Steelers    gt  THC SoLo
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dexterslu

@Turtlemayor333 said:

Firstly I want to say that I wish everyone here the best of luck and it truly isn't my intention to poo-poo this thread. A Madden online franchise of Giant Bomb people SHOULD be awesome and I like seeing a few names here from the Madden 11 franchise. I'm amazed that you've stuck with it.

I played in Giant Bomb's Madden 10 league as the Colts and 11's league as the Eagles, but I'm refraining this year. Call it taking your third piece of advice. It's just too much dealing with people who don't have open NATs on their router so you can't start the match, or maybe they have an otherwise laggy connection, or can't play certain weeks so the game gets simmed, or just lag out halfway through a game. It's no wonder people abandon these leagues. I understand the desire to take in whoever will join and actually attempt playing sim ball, but the quality control has historically been way too low here.

It's fine for random exhibition matches, but for a cohesive league it doesn't work. EA needs to make things more convenient/reliable on their end too, but it comes down to user responsibility.

I totally agree. I think this year specifically we are going to try to get a head of all of these issues before hand - especially the router stuff because that was a huge issue in the league last year. I think we are probably going to host a couple preseason games and try to iron out the kinks before hand. I'm thinking we are going to require that each person play in two non-ranked games against another GB user.

As for EA they've pretty much dropped the ball with the online franchise stuff completely. Honestly, if it wasn't for this league I wouldn't even be picking up Madden this year.

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bretthancock

At least they fixed offline franchise and superstar mode, that should give the game some legs in case this falls through.

Avatar image for visceralbishop24
    VisceralBishop24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By VisceralBishop24

Since my beloved New York Giants are already taken, I will take the New Orleans Saints. My GT is Rare Bishop.

I'll be playing online in Madden 12 starting Friday because I purchased the EA Sports Season Ticket. If anybody wants to have some friendly games before the franchise starts, let me know.

UCRaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UCRaider

Oakland Raiders Gamertag: ZeroRaiders7

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Troispoint

Im back, and Im winning it all this year :P

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dexterslu

@Troispoint said:

Im back, and Im winning it all this year :P

Going to be a tough NFC North this year. Can't wait

No Caption Provided
    fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By fresh2deafbill

feels like I am cheating on my boy Brady with Matt Ryan...oh well GO PATS!! (and falcons in madden)

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By asmo917

I'd love to play. I don't have a favorite team, so I'd be happy to take any teams that are left if you don't get the full 32. Forced to pick, I'd take the Browns or the Redskins, but again, totally happy to let a hardcore fan have them.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Joker369

Are there any restrictions regarding scoring? In my game against you last year, you were angered about my 42-21 win when I was only solidifying my win because I know how skilled you are and that anything can happen in madden.

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dexterslu

@Joker369 said:

Are there any restrictions regarding scoring? In my game against you last year, you were angered about my 42-21 win when I was only solidifying my win because I know how skilled you are and that anything can happen in madden.

Are you referring to the game where you kicked an onside kick after going up 35-21? Yeah, don't do that.

There is a difference between 'solidifying a win' by doing something that is completely unlikely in a real football game (like going for an onside kick when you're up by two scores) as opposed to scoring naturally.

fazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fazzle

I posted it in the other thread, but I guess you didn't see

Gamertag: fazzle1

Bills are gonna SHAKE UP THE WORLD this year. (in Madden at least)

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dexterslu

@fazzle said:

I posted it in the other thread, but I guess you didn't see

Gamertag: fazzle1

Bills are gonna SHAKE UP THE WORLD this year. (in Madden at least)

Done.

I'm curious, how many of you are doing the EA Sports Season Pass to get your hands on Madden a few days early?

fazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fazzle

Helllll no. Biggest damn ripoff

lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lmenzol
    @dexterslu: can you sign me up on the panthers? my tag is            xx MENZO xx
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dexterslu

@fazzle said:

Helllll no. Biggest damn ripoff

From the outset I can certainly see why some would think this is a ripoff, it looks like it's merely an 8 dollar 3 day game rental. But for some who are really into the game, I'm sure they'll find value in it. Imagine if they did this for something like the next World of Warcraft expansion pack or even Battlefield 3 - it would probably do very well. At the end of the day, there are a lot of folks trying to get their hands on early copies of EA Sports games, this seems like a very easy way to satisfy both retailers and EA Sports from getting bamboozled by cunning customers.

louis0nfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By louis0nfire

Can I get the Colts? GamerTag is Louis0nFire. If they're taken by the time I post this then I'll take the Chargers!

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By asmo917

I should clarify - GT and Username here both Asmo917.

Still happy to take the Browns or Redskins if no one else is dying to play them.

lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lmenzol
    @bretthancock: xx MENZO xx          niners, panthers, or whoever if those are already taken please
    tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tracerace11

I am really excited to get this game. Let us make sure we give it a couple weeks so everyone can get the game. I am ordering from Amazon, because I want the twenty dollar credit, and I don't have time this year to just go get the game, as I am teaching and coaching football. Really excited to get back into Madden, and I really enjoyed the demo.

Also, @dexterslu thanks for the touch on the name's list. I love having the target on my back. Let's roll!!!

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dexterslu

@lmenzol said:

@bretthancock: xx MENZO xx niners, panthers, or whoever if those are already taken please

fixed.

@Asmo917 said:

I should clarify - GT and Username here both Asmo917.

Still happy to take the Browns or Redskins if no one else is dying to play them.

Pick a team already!

@Louis0nFire said:

Can I get the Colts? GamerTag is Louis0nFire. If they're taken by the time I post this then I'll take the Chargers!

Done.

@tracerace11 said:

I am really excited to get this game. Let us make sure we give it a couple weeks so everyone can get the game. I am ordering from Amazon, because I want the twenty dollar credit, and I don't have time this year to just go get the game, as I am teaching and coaching football. Really excited to get back into Madden, and I really enjoyed the demo.

Also, @dexterslu thanks for the touch on the name's list. I love having the target on my back. Let's roll!!!

Sorry, this a no 'roll tide league' and there will be no mentioning of bowl games.

As far as the time frame, I'm thinking we will start the league on September 11. That gives everyone sometime to get the game, and get adjusted.

As far as Free Agency drafts go, I'm thinking we either are going to do one by team ratings OR not do one at all and adhere to the rules we established (only take what you need, if a player on your team becomes injured).

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By asmo917

@dexterslu: Okay, give me the Browns. I suck, they suck, it'll be a perfect match.

Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Turtlemayor333

I'll play friendly online games tomorrow with anybody who did the Season Pass thing.

GT: Turtlemayor

austinmiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By austinmiller

I'll take the chargers if no one is opposed to it. The GT is redsoxguy87. I just hope this is better than 2 years ago madden franchise, cause no one played it.

Professorreid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Professorreid

@dexterslu: I would like the Tennessee Titans if that's cool. My gamertag is Professor Reid

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Juicebox

NO lie my head hurts now.

KINGGUDDA3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KINGGUDDA3000

can you sign me up for Arizona Cardinals my tag is kinggudda3000

XanderCrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By XanderCrews

Sign me up. I'll take Kansas City. GT SI2121ON.

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bretthancock

This is filling up fast, I love it!

NerdxBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NerdxBomb

I'll take the CARDS (despite being a Titans fan) Gamertag is NerdxBomb

Sicmeth0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sicmeth0d

cant wait to start playing

Avatar image for turbopenguinman
    turbopenguinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By turbopenguinman

I'll take the Dolphins
    gt is Turbopenguinman

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dexterslu

@NerdxBomb said:

Sorry man, Cards were already claimed before you posted! we've got four teams left!

Guys, I created a GiantBomb community group - feel free to join and get some friendlies in before the league starts!

Name: GiantBomb

Password: duders

Spongetwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By Spongetwan

Ill Take ST. Louis if they are still available! Gamertag is Dirtysponge

BSchneider30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BSchneider30

I'm super excited to get going. Good luck to everyone.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sarge1445

ohh god we start around the 11th i have time to get some cash together pax raped my wallet

KINGGUDDA3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KINGGUDDA3000

i want to no can i change my team from Arizona cardinals to the cincinnati bengals

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dexterslu

@KINGGUDDA3000 said:

i want to no can i change my team from Arizona cardinals to the cincinnati bengals

Sure!

@NerdxBomb said:

Cards now fall to you sir.

Only two teams left now!

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tracerace11

Ok, so I think this question should seriously be considered. Are we going to wait til the roster update, or going off what the rosters are on Madden now? Let me say this, what Madden has right now is NOT accurate. So, saying that, I think we should wait for the first roster update, then start the franchise.

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dexterslu

@tracerace11 We're going to wait until the first week of the NFL season

NerdxBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By NerdxBomb

Really stoaked about this. I think it will keep me playing Madden longer. Hope we get a few seasons going.

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Troispoint

@dexterslu: Why wait? And by that do you mean Thursday next week? Because thats whwn the first game is being played.

demarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By demarcon

Damnit, Giants are taken... I'll be the jags. GT - Xtrminatr

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dexterslu

@Troispoint said:

@dexterslu: Why wait? And by that do you mean Thursday next week? Because thats whwn the first game is being played.

Well, it gives people time to get the game. Everyone can't pick it up day one, plus this allows for EA Sports to get a few roster up dates pushed through so are rosters are as accurate as possible going into the season. @Xtrminatr said:

Damnit, Giants are taken... I'll be the jags. GT - Xtrminatr

done!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.