giantbomb madden league

• 118 results
#1 Edited by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

Giantbomb Sim 360 League. Yep we are doing it again except this year we are finishing at least 1 season we will get the rules and start up date hammered out soon. So sign up in the forum first come first serve for teams put your giantbomb name your gamer tag and the team you want

below is the gametags and teams in the league. Rules will be 7 minute quarters, simulation play, on all pro.

sarge1445 UndyingSarge Denver Broncos

Ramtrap Ramtrap Cleveland Browns

Troispoint Baltimore Ravens

xxMENZOxx 49ers

ImperialIdiot47 Bears

FrolickingPanda Panthers

WACReD Giants

Starburns Lives Redskins

MrBrett206 Seahawks

SI2121ON Chiefs

CheezyBurrito92 Raiders

choffy21 Eagles

Maverick0819 Saints

anthanoid Patriots

kinggudda3000 Cincinnati Bengals

Holmes McFly Texans

kologa Bills

Chocula89 Packers

havoc414 Atlanta Falcons

#2 Posted by The_EDJ (53 posts) -

Hey sarge, what kind of league do you look to run?

I'm bound to have a couple of openings in my league if you can't field a giantbomb league. Still working out the details with who is returning and such. But we're a sim league with a set of rules to balance the playing field. Things like no gimmicks, running the same play/hot route over and over, etc. If that fits the experience you're looking for check us out.

I personally won't be able to join due to time restraints in life and running a league of my own, but I'll refer owners looking for other leagues to this thread here for you.

I run the American Armchair League of America at http://aaloa.forumotion.com/ . Check it out if you need a football league. We'll run NCAA and if I don't buy NCAA this year, I might even add an NHL league to the fold, it just depends on how things break down.

#3 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

if the Broncos are open and we can't start a sim giant bomb league id hella be down what system is this league 360 or ps3 so i know which version to get?

#4 Posted by Ramtrap (18 posts) -

I'm interested in starting an NCAA + Madden Dynasty/Franchise on XBOX 360 for people that would like a casual experience. Not looking for anyone that cheats or rage quits, but just people that really like football and wanna play.

As far as the setup, the conferences don't matter to me (I'll probably pick Akron, sadly, like I always do--or just upload my created team; but for the sake of having this be a continued league, I'd like to keep it all with real teams/players). I also wouldn't wanna start until we've got a good roster added to EA Locker so we're all playing with real players. And no editing players. I think it's better/more enjoyable to take a small-time school to the big-time, but if you wanna be Alabama or USC or whomever and play that conference, that's definitely your prerogative.

With Madden, I've got dibs on the Browns. Would be cool if we can get 8 people in on the league.

Would be 7 minute quarters, no sliders, on All-American (NCAA) or All-Pro (Madden).

Would like to have a game played every 3 or 4 days at max, regardless of the game (NCAA/Madden)

Prefer players who use true football logic, i.e. not running a 4th and long every play, never punting, fake field goals, always onsides-kicking, etc. Keep it real.

A little info on me:

I'm 32, married, Cleveland Browns fan, work as government contractor, live in DC area, and really like both series, though I'm more favorable to NCAA the last few iterations. I'm hoping this is the year Madden picks it back up! I've wanted an online league in both games forever. Anyone interested? Email me at Ramtrap@aol.com

Thanks,

Will

#5 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@Ramtrap said:

I'm interested in starting an NCAA + Madden Dynasty/Franchise on XBOX 360 for people that would like a casual experience. Not looking for anyone that cheats or rage quits, but just people that really like football and wanna play.

As far as the setup, the conferences don't matter to me (I'll probably pick Akron, sadly, like I always do--or just upload my created team; but for the sake of having this be a continued league, I'd like to keep it all with real teams/players). I also wouldn't wanna start until we've got a good roster added to EA Locker so we're all playing with real players. And no editing players. I think it's better/more enjoyable to take a small-time school to the big-time, but if you wanna be Alabama or USC or whomever and play that conference, that's definitely your prerogative.

With Madden, I've got dibs on the Browns. Would be cool if we can get 8 people in on the league.

Would be 7 minute quarters, no sliders, on All-American (NCAA) or All-Pro (Madden).

Would like to have a game played every 3 or 4 days at max, regardless of the game (NCAA/Madden)

Prefer players who use true football logic, i.e. not running a 4th and long every play, never punting, fake field goals, always onsides-kicking, etc. Keep it real.

A little info on me:

I'm 32, married, Cleveland Browns fan, work as government contractor, live in DC area, and really like both series, though I'm more favorable to NCAA the last few iterations. I'm hoping this is the year Madden picks it back up! I've wanted an online league in both games forever. Anyone interested? Email me at Ramtrap@aol.com

Thanks,

Will

you know what yea ill run a madden league for giantbomb what version do people want though? also saying it right now I GOT BRONCOS and as far as free agents go we are doing a draft and we are going to create a forum to keep track of trading draft picks in the league

#6 Edited by Troispoint (267 posts) -

Why not do a full on Fantasy Draft for the league? That way everybody can have a good team and it filters out people who wouldnt be active anyways. If not, then I'd like to pick the Ravens.

#7 Posted by Ramtrap (18 posts) -

@sarge1445: Sigh. No importing NCAA draft class. Nevermind the NCAA part.

As far as Madden goes, though, I've always played XBOX 360 just because I think their online chat and party system is better.

Also, there are no Fantasy Drafts in Madden 13. (http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/554495-madden-popular-questions-answered.html)

Finally, Sarge, if you wanna commission the league and start taking peoples' names down, I'll join, still as the Browns. Any idea on how many people you want in? Obviously the cap is 32, and if we get people that actually play and don't use cheap/weak tactics (throwing 4th down all the time, never punting, running up the score when they're already way ahead, etc.) I think it'd be a cool league. My gamertag is Ramtrap.

We've got a couple months before the game ships, and you'll obviously need to take first-run hiccups into account, but if we can get names and teams set and probably a first week patch, maybe we can look at a September 1 (Saturday) start date? (Game ships August 28). What do you think? Email me back at Ramtrap@aol.com if any questions. Thanks!

#8 Posted by tracerace11 (289 posts) -

I would normally be in these leagues. However, I am not sure if I can play this year. Not onlu because of coaching, but also I have bought a house in an area where I do not have internet capabilities. There is crappy broadband available (512 kbps download) for 70you bucks, but I am not buying. So sorry guys.

#9 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@Ramtrap said:

@sarge1445: Sigh. No importing NCAA draft class. Nevermind the NCAA part.

As far as Madden goes, though, I've always played XBOX 360 just because I think their online chat and party system is better.

Also, there are no Fantasy Drafts in Madden 13. (http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/554495-madden-popular-questions-answered.html)

Finally, Sarge, if you wanna commission the league and start taking peoples' names down, I'll join, still as the Browns. Any idea on how many people you want in? Obviously the cap is 32, and if we get people that actually play and don't use cheap/weak tactics (throwing 4th down all the time, never punting, running up the score when they're already way ahead, etc.) I think it'd be a cool league. My gamertag is Ramtrap.

We've got a couple months before the game ships, and you'll obviously need to take first-run hiccups into account, but if we can get names and teams set and probably a first week patch, maybe we can look at a September 1 (Saturday) start date? (Game ships August 28). What do you think? Email me back at Ramtrap@aol.com if any questions. Thanks!

I was thinking 32 teams why not get a full list. and yea a sim league on 360 sounds fantastic Ill start putting screen names and team down

#10 Posted by Ramtrap (18 posts) -

Just wanted to post in this forum since I'd like to play in a league with the same people.

If anyone's interested in doing the same deal for NCAA, let me know. I'm gonna wait til rosters are available, so it'll likely be 3 or 4 days after launch...maybe even by the time the game launches if they do the EA deal where you get the download 3 days prior to release. But assuming there's no large difference, I'd like to do a dynasty, max 3-star teams (even better if people wanna go for the 1- and 2-star teams), and build them up into champs. Makes no difference to me what conference people are in. Unless I'm mistaken, there are only 12 user-controlled teams, so first 10 others interested can sign up. I already have one person interested; would like to be full up.

Same deal: No poor sports, no players that go for it every 4th down, no rage-quitters. As far as running up the score, though...I guess they do that in the college game, so how mad can you get, right?

7 min quarters, no sliders, all-pro difficulty, play/recruit every 3-4 days. Would also like people that are interested enough to comment on and post their own stories to the dynasty.easports.com page. So if you're interested, probably easiest to send me an email (Ramtrap@aol.com) or reply directly to this thread.

Thanks! - Will

#11 Posted by The_EDJ (53 posts) -

Good luck filling the league. Getting started is the hardest part. Once you find a good group of players to start, you can build on that each year and develop amazing rivalries, and ultimately a full league of like-minded players.

I'll create a PS3-specific thread for my league. If I come across any XBox-ers looking for a league, I'll send them your way.

#12 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

I kinda wanted to pick up the ps3 version this year but ill probably go 360 like always haha. Who knows might get both and play in your league

#13 Posted by lmenzol (271 posts) -

@sarge1445: lmenzol

gamertag xxMENZOxx 49ers

#14 Posted by Troispoint (267 posts) -

@sarge1445: Oh btw my gamertag is Darth Revan 666

#15 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@Troispoint: yea I remember we were supposed to play last year but the league just stopped jsut so you know I intend to play 1-2 games a week advancing wednesday and saturday and I intend to keep the league running for at least the end of real football season

#16 Posted by Troispoint (267 posts) -

@sarge1445: Yeah, I certainly hope we get at least 1 season done this time around.

#17 Posted by Bentley47 (1 posts) -

Interested in joining.

ImperialIdiot47 Bears

#18 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

bumpity bump

#19 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

the game is only a month and a half away any one else interested

#20 Posted by WaffleConed (59 posts) -

Im in guys.

GT - FrolickingPanda

I'll take my Panthers.

So whats the deal on how the leagues gonna go? Is everyone gonna be coaches or players or I guess there could be a mix. (I think they said that was allowed) Any configuration works for me but I was just curious.

-Ryan

#21 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@WaffleConed said:

Im in guys.

GT - FrolickingPanda

I'll take my Panthers.

So whats the deal on how the leagues gonna go? Is everyone gonna be coaches or players or I guess there could be a mix. (I think they said that was allowed) Any configuration works for me but I was just curious.

-Ryan

coaches and players normal ranked madden play 7 minute quarters on all pro injuries and weather turned on. free agency will have a draft unless online leagues have a salary cap. if trading draft picks is not allowed by the game we will keep track of it in this forum post any and all trades in this forum

#22 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

only a month and 11 days away

#23 Posted by Joker369 (882 posts) -

Since my Ravens are taken I'll play as the Giants.

Gamertag: WACReD

#24 Posted by j3ffro919 (243 posts) -

I'd like to join, gamer tag Starburns Lives, team is the Cardinals.

#25 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

hmm not nearly as big this year apparently

#26 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

Hey only 18 days till the game is out guys, the demo is next week and I figure we start the league 1 week after the games launch is that good for everyone?

#27 Posted by bretthancock (778 posts) -

I'm in! Skipped last year, will definitely be doing this one.

Gamertag - MrBrett206

Teams - Seahawks 1st choice, Chargers 2nd choice. Doesn't really matter.

#28 Posted by XanderCrews (106 posts) -

I'm in.

GT-SI2121ON

Team-Chiefs

#29 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@XanderCrews said:

I'm in.

GT-SI2121ON

Team-Chiefs

you got it can't wait to be fighting in the division

#30 Posted by j3ffro919 (243 posts) -

I ran an online dynasty with a bunch of friends in NCAA 2011, but I assume this operates a similar way - meaning everyone has to play their game before you advance to the next week. How often are we looking to advance? I'm kind of thinking I should probably drop out, the more I see of Borderlands 2 the more I realize that I'm gonna play Madden very sporadically after September 18th, and I don't want to screw the rest of you guys up.

#31 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@j3ffro919 said:

I ran an online dynasty with a bunch of friends in NCAA 2011, but I assume this operates a similar way - meaning everyone has to play their game before you advance to the next week. How often are we looking to advance? I'm kind of thinking I should probably drop out, the more I see of Borderlands 2 the more I realize that I'm gonna play Madden very sporadically after September 18th, and I don't want to screw the rest of you guys up.

im leaning towards 1 to 2 games a week

#32 Posted by Troispoint (267 posts) -

2 games a week. I'd like to do more than 1 season :P

#33 Posted by Choffy (444 posts) -

Mark me down for my Eagles.

GT - choffy21

#34 Posted by Beanburritos (19 posts) -

I'm surprised by the lack of interest in a Madden league, They added so many awesome features this year.

Sign me up for the Raiders

GT CheezyBurrito92

#35 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@Troispoint said:

2 games a week. I'd like to do more than 1 season :P

2 it shall be

#36 Posted by Troispoint (267 posts) -

@sarge1445: Yay! And with the fewer number of players it should at least make the league easier to get moving.

#37 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@Troispoint said:

@sarge1445: Yay! And with the fewer number of players it should at least make the league easier to get moving.

I am going to have a rough division if my friend John takes the Chargers rough

#38 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

last week for sign ups ladies and gents

#39 Edited by anthanoid (32 posts) -

@sarge1445 said:

@Troispoint said:

Have the Chargers been reserved yet? If so no biggie I'm still in with another team.

#40 Posted by cbarnes86 (559 posts) -

I'll join if the Saints haven't been picked yet (damn you xxMENZOxx for taking my 49ers): Gamertag= Maverick0819

#41 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@cbarnes86 said:

I'll join if the Saints haven't been picked yet (damn you xxMENZOxx for taking my 49ers): Gamertag= Maverick0819

saints you got it

#42 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@anthanoid said:

@sarge1445 said:

@Troispoint said:

Have the Chargers been reserved yet? If so no biggie I'm still in with another team.

nope first come first serve if you want the Chargers sir just say so and put your gamertag down

#43 Posted by cbarnes86 (559 posts) -

When is the first game of the season? (for our league, not RL) I ask because I will be getting the game like a day or two later than release.

#44 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@cbarnes86 said:

When is the first game of the season? (for our league, not RL) I ask because I will be getting the game like a day or two later than release.

Well since I will be at pax I was thinking the following Tuesday so the 4th of September gives everyone time to get the game and some practice in

#45 Posted by anthanoid (32 posts) -

Actually going to mix it up. Get another division in there and go with the Patriots. Really looking forward to this.

GT = anthanoid

#46 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@anthanoid said:

Actually going to mix it up. Get another division in there and go with the Patriots. Really looking forward to this.

GT = anthanoid

your wish has been granted

#47 Posted by wewantsthering (1586 posts) -

Sports people are allowed on GB?? ;-)

#48 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@wewantsthering said:

after watching that quicklook today you wouldnt think so

#49 Posted by wewantsthering (1586 posts) -

@sarge1445 said:

@wewantsthering said:

GB not seriously covering sports games is one of my favorite features. :-)

#50 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@wewantsthering said:

@sarge1445 said:

@wewantsthering said:

GB not seriously covering sports games is one of my favorite features. :-)

not mine

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.