Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MadWorld

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 10, 2009

MadWorld is an artistically stylized over the top action game for the Wii created by Platinum Games. The main character, Jack, must compete in a kill or be killed TV show called Death Watch and gains points for the most brutal kills he can pull off.

Annoying C*****!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Mediawatch-UK has published email complaints received over concerns about MadWorld in August.  For all to see in a some lame attempt at creating some public controversy before classification.

The watchdog stated then that they hoped the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) would not grant the game a classification, essentially denying it from retail in the UK. The reason stated was that it would "spoil the family fun image of the Wii." 

In the company's Autumn Newsletter, Director, John Beyer describes the feedback received after video game websites had picked up the news they created:

"Within hours of these remarks being published a rain of hostile emails from gamers poured into our office telling us to 'shut the f*** up', suggesting that we had 'got our knickers in a twist', demanding, as though we were on trial for an heinous crime, to know what right we had to impose our 'narrow minded bigotry' on them and stopping them playing an 'adult' game of their choice.

Others, of a more sober character, asked reasonably why we should be so concerned about games when there was so much violence in films and on television!

We were also accused us of being 'cowards' for not responding properly to belligerent strictures and one 'emailer' observed glibly that 'violent acts are not a symptom of videogames and films, but rather the human condition'.

Another said: 'If you don't like violent content, don't view or use it."

Videogame fans here in the U.K should continue to take a very aggressive stance with these fools. Otherwise we will be f**ked over like the Germans, and nobody here wants to get f**ked over liked the Germans.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DualReaver

What's the extra * for?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Lol, yeah I noticed that also.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne

Videogame fans here in the U.K should continue to take a very aggressive stance with these fools. Otherwise we will be fucked over like the Germans, and nobody here wants to get fucked over liked the Germans.
    We walk into the next retail store and buy the austrian version of the game. It's really not a big deal.
    There is no official german version of Gears 2. But nobody cares.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Hamz

The UK is turning ever so slightly more and more political-correctness mad. At times i wonder why i still live here, then i check my bank account and it all makes sense (zing to the credit crunch there!).....

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By OGCartman
    Linkyshinks said:
    "Within hours of these remarks being published a rain of hostile emails from gamers poured into our office telling us to 'shut the f*** up', suggesting that we had 'got our knickers in a twist', demanding, as though we were on trial for an heinous crime, to know what right we had to impose our 'narrow minded bigotry' on them and stopping them playing an 'adult' game of their choice.

Others, of a more sober character, asked reasonably why we should be so concerned about games when there was so much violence in films and on television!

We were also accused us of being 'cowards' for not responding properly to belligerent strictures and one 'emailer' observed glibly that 'violent acts are not a symptom of videogames and films, but rather the human condition'.

Another said: 'If you don't like violent content, don't view or use it."

Videogame fans here in the U.K should continue to take a very aggressive stance with these fools. Otherwise we will be fucked over like the Germans, and nobody here wants to get fucked over liked the Germans.
    I agree and am proud that the UK citizins took a firm stance on it.
    When i read that, i got extremely pissed because i fucking hate cencoreship, and thats bringing it to the next level.
    Thats just amazing that people retaliated and sent them mad emails, yay for UK :)
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Hamz said:
    "The UK is turning ever so slightly more and more political-correctness mad. At times i wonder why i still live here, then i check my bank account and it all makes sense (zing to the credit crunch there!)....."

True, and it's been happening for a long while now. Slowly but surely we are all losing basic freedoms and PC has gone fucking insane here.

OT:

On another issue, I am all for Scotland breaking free, I honestly am. Only then will this country realize how much of a dire state it's in. Without Scotlands resources England would be even more fucked up.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Hamz
    Linkyshinks said:
    "Hamz said:
    "The UK is turning ever so slightly more and more political-correctness mad. At times i wonder why i still live here, then i check my bank account and it all makes sense (zing to the credit crunch there!)....."

True, and it's been happening for a long while now. Slowly but surely we are all losing basic freedoms and PC has gone fucking insane here.

OT:

On another issue, I am all for Scotland breaking free, I honestly am. Only then will this country realize how much of a dire state it's in. Without Scotlands resources England would be even more fucked up.
    "
    Without trying to go off topic as the debate about Scotland having true freedom from England could go on for a long time i disagree with you and i am Scottish. If anything Scotland should NOT try and become independant.

But back on topic i think its good to see a strong opinion and force to try and battle the tide of censorship and political-correct madness that has been springing up here in the UK far too often.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

Yeah lets not drag this, what I will say is that I saw a recent Panorama that completely changed my perspective, I ultimately saw many of the positives for Scotlan and also saw how much this country bleeds from yours. In ways I had no idea about. Scotland may not be ready now, but in time you will be, and I genuinely think your country will be far better off. If it ever gets raised in a dedicated topic I will be sure to have my say :)

Back on topic :)

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By kush

That is pretty stupid, I laughed at the emails sent to them :P I hope things get settled soon...and OT, Viva la Scotland!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

You guys honestly think these abusive emails sent by idiots are a good thing? You do realize this is only going to fuel the mainstreams media's hate for video games, making them think we're all idiots who will send arrogant, shouty and extremely unnecessarily aggressive emails as soon as one bad word gets uttered about out hobby? Making your feelings known is one thing, it can be done in a sensible, dignified and logical way, there is absolutely no need to be a complete bastard about it.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By kush
    MattyFTM said:
    "You guys honestly think these abusive emails sent by idiots are a good thing? You do realize this is only going to fuel the mainstreams media's hate for video games, making them think we're all idiots who will send arrogant, shouty and extremely unnecessarily aggressive emails as soon as one bad word gets uttered about out hobby? Making your feelings known is one thing, it can be done in a sensible, dignified and logical way, there is absolutely no need to be a complete bastard about it."
    I do agree that the emails being sent from gamers "in the moment", full of vulgarity and all-around, unpleasant language is not a good idea...thus why they made me laugh. It makes it easy for the media to ignore the coherent emails and focus on these crazy emails...even if the coherent emails made up 90% of all emails received.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks
    MattyFTM said:
    "You guys honestly think these abusive emails sent by idiots are a good thing? You do realize this is only going to fuel the mainstreams media's hate for video games, making them think we're all idiots who will send arrogant, shouty and extremely unnecessarily aggressive emails as soon as one bad word gets uttered about out hobby? Making your feelings known is one thing, it can be done in a sensible, dignified and logical way, there is absolutely no need to be a complete bastard about it."

When I meant aggressive I did not mean void of intelligence and a solid argument. These idiots are totally oblivious, look at the fricking statement. The guy seems totally baffled (lol) by the anger. He's puzzled by common very valid opinions that the vast majority of gamers have here.

These idiots who have little knowledge and respect for the medium are taking a aggressive stance in posting the comments, doing what they think is right, I am simply suggesting that gamers do the same on forums they visit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I once punched a dude for saying Hawk The Slayer was rubbish.

Imagine what I would do to these asshats

Ten cool points to whoever gets that refrence

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Black_Rose

Fuck them (in the nicest way posible ^_^)

Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cogito

Every time this kind of censorship happens,I more and more just want a major 1st world country to have a rebellion and overthrow it's government and try to reinstate a better one, when was the last time that happened in Europe, 1700-1800s? Sometimes I just feel like first world countries need to have a rebellion to show the uptight corporations and governments that, if you piss us off enough we will fricking overthrow you, you may have guns and weapons, but we have numbers and spirit.

Anyways I'm ranting now, I agree with you Linky.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Snail
    Black_Rose said:
    "Fuck them (in the nicest way posible ^_^)"
    Now that's more like it!
    Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cogito

Oh god, I just looked at their website now, Its god awful, really if PC is that bad I think the UK needs to liberate itself from itself. Damn PC Snail said:

"Black_Rose said:
    "Fuck them (in the nicest way posible ^_^)"
    Now that's more like it!"
    The way these guys act it would be pretty hard to convince me to fuck them in a nice way.
    Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Unreal_dro

you have too many *s

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stevokenevo

is it probable that our UK political correctness is going to backfire on everyone?  i agree with you lot, censorship is shameful.....it allows people to wield power they dont deserve. 

Give it a few more years of this increasing bullshit and it'll undoubtably blow up and everyone will walk down the street cursing up a storm or telling fat people to diet and smokers they smell like trash!  o, yeah and newspapers will go out of business.  :)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Meowayne said:
    "

We walk into the next retail store and buy the austrian version of the game. It's really not a big deal.
    There is no official german version of Gears 2. But nobody cares.

"

Yeah, I've been told this before, none the less in principle it's still fucked up that your goverment has this policy of censorship. All the more so because of this story below, something which suggests that Germany respects freedom of expression, which is the essence of Art.

I imagine I could go into a German state owned art gallery, as a juvenile, and see graphic depictions of violence in Carravaggio's works and others, and yet these graphic depictions of violence do not suffer censorship. So why then are videogames meant for adults?.

The Deutscher Kulturrat, (mein deutsch ist gut ya?) ("German Arts Council") has officially recognized videogames as "objects of cultural value", i.e. art.

While the specific implications of this step are yet to be seen, it is a big accomplishment and certainly a step in the right direction. This is especially so considering the countries reputation as one of the more radical ones concerning censorship and banning of games.Of course there is also the frequent media outbursts of uninformed ignorant scapegoating of video games in relation to youth crime as seen here in the UK also.

The cooperation of games manufacturers and spokespersons with the German Arts Council will probably have a huge impact on how games are viewed, presented in the media and protected by the law in future. It also could potentially have a huge positive impact on their strict rating system.

Malte Behrmann CEO of the National Association of Video game developers:

"This is a milestone for German media policy - historic, you might even say. For the very first time, the video game industry has been institutionally anchored into nationwide cultural politics. It's really a great day for the games industry."

We shall see...

The latest nonsense derived from your governments current policy:

http://www.destructoid.com/germany-goes-as-far-as-to-censor-left-4-dead-box-art-now--109267.phtml

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By Arkthemaniac

You'd think having the strongest currency in the world for the last millenium would keep them a little looser about this.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Oh bugger.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.