Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MadWorld

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 10, 2009

MadWorld is an artistically stylized over the top action game for the Wii created by Platinum Games. The main character, Jack, must compete in a kill or be killed TV show called Death Watch and gains points for the most brutal kills he can pull off.

This shit's about to go off.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

We are less than two weeks away from MadWorld being unleashed upon the general public. I, myself, am hyped to extreme levels. How does everyone else feel about this game now that it's so close? Do you expect it to become a GOTY contender, or more of a "pretty good game, but misses on some points" type of disc? Saleswise, do you expect it to go through the roof or be only modest, or flop (not this one, though, it's impossible)?

Also, a more interesting question . . . do you expect it to fare better in reviews and sales than Resident Evil 5, which comes out the same week?
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Also, a more interesting question . . . do you expect it to fare better in reviews and sales than Resident Evil 5, which comes out the same week?"
    Neither. I do think it'll be a better game though.
    Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Snipzor

I have a feeling it will go towards the route of No More Heroes. The route, not the game.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Coltonio7

MEH!!!! Looks alright.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Dalai

MadWorld is likely to be a love/hate game like No More Heroes, Killer7, and... basically anything with Suda 51 running the show.  I doubt it will be a front runner for GOTY, but it will be well-received among most critics.

However, RE5 is RE5 and will be hyped and loved by many, no questions asked.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Dalai said:
    "MadWorld is likely to be a love/hate game like No More Heroes, Killer7, and... basically anything with Suda 51 running the show.  I doubt it will be a front runner for GOTY, but it will be well-received among most critics.

However, RE5 is RE5 and will be hyped and loved by many, no questions asked.
    "
    I disagree.

I think MadWorld will overpower RE5's reviews. Not its sales . . . NOTHING could do that, esoecially a new IP . . . but I think it will achieve greater acclaim.
    ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By ArcBorealis

I bet it'll be a GOTY contender. Just about every other media outlet has been impressed, and I would expect nothing less from the talent backing Platinum Games.

I just want the 10th to get here already.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne

I don't know what makes people think Mad World will be something special. Yeah, it's a violence-ridden Wii game with potential polish, heavy on the artstyle, but what is there to play? From what I've seen from the game, it's a pretty bland, repetetive hack'n'slay. I expect it to be just that: A nice, round game that has you killing stuff, with a healthy sense of humor and an interesting artstyle. But nothing special or original, nothing that will convert the haters, and definatly not GOTY material.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#9  Edited By Icemael
    Meowayne said:
    "I don't know what makes people think Mad World will be something special. But nothing special or original, nothing that will convert the haters, and definatly not GOTY material. "
    We're expecting it to be something special because of the developers. Platinum Games are former Clover members. You know, the Clover that made Okami, Viewtiful Joe and God Hand...
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By oldschool

I can't see it becoming a commercial success.  Sure, it could reach the magic million, but I am sceptical.  I don't think it would sell better on the 360/PS3 either, as it isn't the demographics.  With 47 million Wiis out there, there would be just as many old style gamers as there are on the 360/PS3.  It just doesn't have mass commercial appeal, nor the sufficient market hype that say Halo or Gears of War get.

I will be buying though - can't wait to let the killing begin!
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose

I don't think it'll be any of those things, I know I will love it though and am expecting it to be better than RE5.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Demyx

Don't know if I'm buying though.

I haven't invested much into my new Wii

Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Naughton

I highly doubt there will be any GOTY buzz for Madworld when the time comes.

I'm looking forward to playing it though, but I'm only renting. I'm hearing that the game only lasts 5-6 hours on normal, and with no kind of online co-op, I can't really justify the price.

DevilishSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By DevilishSix
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "We are less than two weeks away from MadWorld being unleashed upon the general public. I, myself, am hyped to extreme levels. How does everyone else feel about this game now that it's so close? Do you expect it to become a GOTY contender, or more of a "pretty good game, but misses on some points" type of disc? Saleswise, do you expect it to go through the roof or be only modest, or flop (not this one, though, it's impossible)?

Also, a more interesting question . . . do you expect it to fare better in reviews and sales than Resident Evil 5, which comes out the same week?
    "

I am more interested in their next game....Bayonetta, then this game.  From what I have seen of MadWorld its interesting, but does not seem the type of game to garner GOTY contention and it seems niche enough to have middle of the road sales.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.