Thanks for the tip.
" Timer hack found! Fire up your favorite hex editor, open the Mafia2.exe file, go to offset 000F5380, look for D9 56 4C, change to 90 90 90, save, and fire up the game. I just tested it, and it seems to work just fine. Played for about 20 minutes. "
My impressions, copy and pasted from the screenshot thread:
Things I liked:
- Overall, the game looks nice
- Vegetation is some of the best I've ever seen
- Main character is well textured and animated
- Good atmosphere
- Good voicework on the main characters
- Cinematic style that somewhat works
- Decent performance (considering how large the world is)
- The small level featured in the demo showed decent level design
Things I didn't like:
- There is some sort of weird yellowish orange filter; can't decide if I like it or not.
- Character models and voicework are reused waaay too often, though that may be a consequence of it being a demo.
- Driving is pretty bad
- Difficulty is a little high (you will sometimes feel "1-shotted")
- Shooting seems like it would grow stale fast
- Death animations are sometimes silly, and seem to repeat a lot.
- Benchmark is bugged; showed 20fps without PhysX, but actual gameplay was ~45-50fps with PhysX on (at max settings)
- PhysX has minimal impact on visuals (physics is already present with PhysX off; PhysX simply seems to add some particle effects)