A different kind of fighting

#1 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

So in case you don't know, there's a glitch with SVER that lets them disarm explosives through a gate.  It's something Zipper said they were fixing but being in Raven and constantly having to play domination attacking them, the glitch wears on my nerves a bit...or at least it did.  Finding a gate near a control point our squad was supposed to capture, I placed an explosive at the gate.  It was quickly disarmed by an enemy on the other side, clearly taking advantage of the glitch.  I did it again.  Disarmed again.  For the rest of the match, I participated in an endurance competition against my worthy foe of sitting at the gate and arming it the moment it was disarmed from the other side.  The result (since I got double XP for doing all this near our squad's target), was a massive influx of XP, the likes of which I had never seen before.  I guess you could call it boosting, but my 'partner' and I had no communication whatsoever.  Furthermore, if I had ever been successful in blowing up that gate, I would have stormed the place (and probably gotten killed).  Still though, I find it funny that the most fun I've had with this game was a competition between two people taking turns presing a button

#2 Posted by ALTF4_FOR_COLORS (146 posts) -
@Shadow: 

Wow, so it's all gates?  

I remember when I was playing that there was a specific gate I saw it at all the time, but that was before I took a break to play through Mass Effect.
#3 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -
@ALTF4_FOR_COLORS said:
" @Shadow:  Wow, so it's all gates?   I remember when I was playing that there was a specific gate I saw it at all the time, but that was before I took a break to play through Mass Effect. "
yeah for sver its most gates, Raven and valor can get it to glitch when they arm a item thats been repaired after its repaired it can be armed disarmed from either side often.

I'm personally still waiting for the day in 6 months when zipper realizes every one is using machine guns in the game since every other gun in the game is redundant
#4 Posted by ApertureSilence (1157 posts) -

So, if it's an altogether different kind of fighting, would it be accurate to state that, in fact, war has changed?

#5 Posted by ThatFrood (3417 posts) -
@MurderByDeath said:
" So, if it's an altogether different kind of fighting, would it be accurate to state that, in fact, war has changed? "
War... war never changes.
#6 Posted by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -
@ThatFrood said:
" @MurderByDeath said:
" So, if it's an altogether different kind of fighting, would it be accurate to state that, in fact, war has changed? "
War... war never changes. "
It only glitches out every now and again.
#7 Posted by SlapChop (48 posts) -

Valor can also repair through walls. and some doors from the second floor to the first floor. 

Hopefully these will be fixed soonish.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.