Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

Can you have more than one character?

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

So, a question has arisen for my friends and me. We've all picked up MAG but are spread across all three factions. We thought it would be simple enough to just make another toon but that doesn't seem possible. You can only make one character as far as I can tell. So, my question is am I missing something, is this something that is unlocked later on, or are we going to have to pick a faction and everyone who has guys of another faction will have to start from scratch?

BrewLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BrewLegend
    @CenturionCajun: I know that in the beta, I had to start over when I switched factions. I think that once you reach a certain level, you can switch factions, I seem to remember the developers saying that other factions would actively try to "recruit" you. I don't know if that is still a feature though. I'm only at level 12 now, so I might not be best equipped to answer this yet.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

It seems like you can only have one character, which is kinda the developer's intention. Other factions will apparently try to recruit you, but the idea is to get a sense of alliance with your chosen faction.

I recommend if you really want to play with your friends to delete your characters, decide upon a faction you all agree on and start over, yo.

ryuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ryuken
    @get2sammyb:
    good call, I'm sure thats the point they want you to feel pride and all that. Its funny I just couldnt pick anything but valor... only because I'm american I originally didnt want to because I usually lean toward the bad guy fuck you type thing and not the go Joe attitude. but then again MAG is supposed to be all about team work so I'm going to hook up my ear piece and start taking orders.... that is until I'm ready to give them.    

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Bouke

Jeff was saying in the quicklook that he didn''t think it was possible and that he was thinking about either deleting his character so he could play another faction or make other accounts to play them (for review).
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By CenturionCajun

Not being able to make another character seems strange considering there appears to be room for three characters on the start screen and you can get trophies for reaching level 60 in all three factions. I'm still holding out hope that it unlocks at a higher level.

orionx65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By orionx65
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

Not as far as I know.  You have to delete it.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bubahula
    @ReaperOfLiving said:
    " Not as far as I know.  You have to delete it. "
    righto

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.