Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

Does anyone play MAG? still?

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By memo

I'll be purchasing a PS3 next week and just wondering if ppl are it since it just looked interesting to play. I know there is Battlefield out there but I have that on my 360 

thoughts>>>

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

Everybody i know that bought it stopped playing it within a week. My immediate response is i doubt theres much of an active community.

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By memo
    @jadeskye:  Cool appreciate the input. *note to self: dont purchase MAG*
    kms_md

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By kms_md

there still is a pretty strong community, but at this point you may be behind the "eight-ball".  everyone knows map layouts and tactics for each map.  i enjoy MAG quite a bit, however, when I finally hit level 60 with my Valor character (probably during tomorrow's happy hour), I will be putting it up for a while in favor of Reach.

commandercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By commandercup

There's actually still a large community. I bought it last week and I don't have trouble getting into matches and all the factions are evenly matched.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Damn, I totally forgot about this game O_O

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Rockdalf

I quickly lost interest in the game and am actually planning on selling it back as of tomorrow, in favor of a controller charge pack for my 360, because I don't want to have to buy batteries for Halo: Reach.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By the8bitNacho

I actually just traded it in today towards my Dead Rising 2 pre-order. It has just been sitting around gathering dust since a couple of days since it came out.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Portis

memo, 

Alot of people do indeed still play this game. Though, for someone new I'd have to think it maybe a little tough to get into at this point, because there is just so much to learn and it can be overwhelming at first -- not to mention most of the players currently throwing down have played shit ton of MAG. 

I really enjoyed MAG myself, I played 140+ hours of it in the 3 or so months I was into it. I would probably still be playing it off and on now, but I played so much of it I just burned my self out. Plus, this was before any of the new cool modes came out so I was playing the same maps over, and over, and over. 

I would say pick it up if you can get it on the cheap. Otherwise, I'm not sure I'd recommend it -- it's a good game, but it has been out for awhile and trying to learn while playing online with and against clans and other players (who often take themselves laughably seriously) could be daunting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.