Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

First Impressions

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By wealllikepie

I bought MAG about 4 days after it came out and as soon as I stuck the disc into the PS3, it immediately installed 2 patches, so you can guess how buggy this game was at launch. However, it seems that there's still a whole bunch of stuff that needs to be fixed. I didn't see these problems on Jeff's videos, but I experienced moments frequently where the game would get stuck at the point where I would respawn. It would continue to stay in the respawn menu and not let me join the battle again. Keep in mind that I god decent high speed internet which can handle fast paced MW2 online battles perfectly well. The game didn't actually get stuck in the middle of a battle, but the issue remains. As for the game itself, I thought it was pretty fun, as long as you weren't running around recklessly and paid attention to your surroundings.

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @wealllikepie said:
    " I bought MAG about 4 days after it came out and as soon as I stuck the disc into the PS3, it immediately installed 2 patches, so you can guess how buggy this game was at launch. However, it seems that there's still a whole bunch of stuff that needs to be fixed. I didn't see these problems on Jeff's videos, but I experienced moments frequently where the game would get stuck at the point where I would respawn. It would continue to stay in the respawn menu and not let me join the battle again. Keep in mind that I god decent high speed internet which can handle fast paced MW2 online battles perfectly well. The game didn't actually get stuck in the middle of a battle, but the issue remains. As for the game itself, I thought it was pretty fun, as long as you weren't running around recklessly and paid attention to your surroundings. "
    If the game ends you can't respawn for the last 15 seconds.  The in game was a server update.  You will probably see them often.  The other was fixing some complained about issues like not being able to knife while reloading.
    wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By wealllikepie

no i understand that it doesnt allow you to respawn in the end few seconds, but it happens in the middle of the match as well

johnlennon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By johnlennon
    @wealllikepie: 

Yeah I experienced that too....

8===============================D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.