MAG

Posted by CryoUnit (3 posts) -

What do y'all think of MAG?

Playing Dead Space, it's pretty cool, but it kinda stresses me out.

#1 Posted by CryoUnit (3 posts) -

What do y'all think of MAG?

Playing Dead Space, it's pretty cool, but it kinda stresses me out.

#2 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -

MAG... is a love or hate kind of game. It's innovative in some ways, but in the end it's not quite as good as COD or Battlefield. The game has it's moments though, especially when you play your first 256 player battle... My jaw dropped at the sheer number of guys running across the field. Wave after wave of paratroopers soaring the sky...........  with no lag whatsoever.    
#3 Posted by AlexW00d (6449 posts) -

It's more PC style than console style. 
In that you can't just sprint everywhere and keep your finger on the trigger else you will just die.

#4 Edited by X19 (2306 posts) -

I very much enjoyed the beta especially when you had a squad who knows what they're doing and works as a team.

#5 Posted by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

i thought the beta wasn't bad. the huge scale battles were really cool. i'm way more interested now that it's supposedly been much more improved because of patches 

#6 Posted by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -

If you're impressed with MAG, you'll shit bricks with Battlefield 3.

#7 Posted by zombie2011 (5055 posts) -

It was fun for a week or so, but it really didn't have anything special to it besides the player count.

#8 Posted by X19 (2306 posts) -
@KaosAngel: Do people actually play as a team in PC Battlefield games?
#9 Posted by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -
@X19: Hell yeah, people don't care about K/D ratios...and if the Vietnam stats show anything, it proves PC gamers play as a team.
#10 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1133 posts) -
@TheJollyRajah said:
" MAG... is a love or hate kind of game. It's innovative in some ways, but in the end it's not quite as good as COD or Battlefield. The game has it's moments though, especially when you play your first 256 player battle... My jaw dropped at the sheer number of guys running across the field. Wave after wave of paratroopers soaring the sky...........  with no lag whatsoever.     "
Shame the community is bound to be full of trolls and when lag hits, and it's impossible for it not to, it really hits hard.
#11 Posted by swamplord666 (1763 posts) -

Personally I love it. The fact that you CANNOT win on your own is a huge bonus. If you play with a good team of players it can give you the best gaming moments you've had in a while 

#12 Posted by CastroCasper (1307 posts) -

I got MAG for my birthday in March...It is still in the plastic wrap. 

#13 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

MAG seems pretty cool... But I'll just wait for Battlefield 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.