Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

M.A.G DLC

masterchefmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By masterchefmike

So I've been playing MAG for about one and a half months and like it a lot. The only problem I'm having is how long will this enjoyment last? I mean although the action in each match is different but every time I join a specific game mode I have 3 choices of maps. The problem is although I'm not bored of the maps yet, it will eventually happen and this will also happen with other players. What I wanna know is if Zipper had any plans of making new maps or gamemodes any time soon? Also if they do decide to do that they should take into consideration to add more slots to make characters so that we don't have to play one faction the whole time, eventually want to change and see what else the game has to offer. Tell me what you guys think?

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

DLC is a necessity for this game.  The amount of content right now, is ridiculous and stupid.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I'm not entirely sure what Reaper just said, but I do think DLC is almost a given in this day & age. I don't know for sure, but I'd put my money on something eventually. I just got the game so everything is pretty new and fresh to me, so I would be a bad source of of suggestions for DLC. 

Concerning changing factions, I've been told that once you hit 60 you have the option to start over on another team. I could be wrong though.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Rockdalf
    @ReaperOfLiving said (translated from Moonspeak):
    " DLC is a necessity for this game.  The amount of content right now, is both ridiculous and stupid. "
    Fixed. 

I'm looking at buying this game, so I'm doing a little research on it.  My best guess is that there will be plenty of DLC for this game, as it's online only, and I'm pretty sure I've heard that was there plan from the get go.

Honestly, an online only game adding constant DLC can be a great business model, as long as there is enough public outcry for it.  And if we can count on video games for one thing, it's making money off of us poor geeks by giving us exactly what we want.
    mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By mrcellophane
    @Rockdalf said:
    " Honestly, an online only game adding constant DLC can be a great business model, as long as there is enough public outcry for it. "
    *cough*
    BC_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BC_

We've already had a few minors patches, so we know Zipper is actively supporting the game. DLC seems to be a pretty safe bet at this point.

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @Rockdalf: Thanks for pointing that out. :)

@Out_On_Bail said:

" I'm not entirely sure what Reaper just said...."

Sorry, I fixed it.  I didn't read it over well enough to catch that.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By handlas

On the official forums some guy asked about DLC and one of the devs responded that DLC is on the way but wouldn't say what it would be.  My guess would be a map pack or something....seems most logical.

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

The thing I'm wondering is if they did a map pack, how big would a download for a map that big be? 

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By handlas
    @ReaperOfLiving said:

" The thing I'm wondering is if they did a map pack, how big would a download for a map that big be?  "

mmm dunno.  

I, personally, wish they would release 1 big map for domination or something.  A map that all 3 factions would share so you can be on attacking AND defending on that one map.  Instead of, say, you are Valor then you are always on defense on Valor maps.  Maybe depending on whoever is winning in domination would defend that map and the other 2 factions would attack it.
    swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By swamplord666

Well the DLC would have to contain at least 1 map for each faction and possibly each game mode. so a total of 9 maps.
    I'd buy that :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.