Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

MAG to Overhaul PSN?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai
    Do you think MAG will be the game that will give PSN the boost it needs and will finally differentiate PSN from Live? From what I saw so far the game does not look like  it has the best graphics or lighting but 256 player on map sounds insane. But the game is still in Beta form so maybe Zipper will work on those aspects. I think If Zipper can pull this game off without much, or any, lag at all then I think MAG will become the game to set a new standards in MP games. Also, I think Sony is preparing a major overhaul to their online community in light of this game massive player number, and if they are not...They fucking should be...lol. 

Plus, I want to know what the Giantbomb crew thinks of MAG since they got some hands-on time with it at E3. 
    JaM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By JaM

well MAG is still a while away so im hoping SONY overhauls the PSN way before then.I was hoping for some announcements at E3 of some firmwares or new features but that didnt happen

anyways as far as MAG goes i think zipper can pull it off they are great when it comes to networking.They were doing 32 players on the ps2 when no one else was.They've never been about the graphics either just look at socom.They focus more on gameplay which is why they are so good

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By FCKSNAP

What do you mean by overhaul though? Live is an actual P2P service that all games have to use. PSN is basically just a name server that is completely optional. Live is the actual backbone to all of XBL games where using a dedicated server for each title is optional since it all runs as P2P hosting;  while all games on PSN, even the ones that use P2P hosting, require the developer/publisher to provide thier own servers. Also, games on PS3 can also use the same features as X360 games, though nobody really chooses to use them because of the fact that they don't use P2P. For example, out of the 31 retail PS3 games I own, only Soulcalibur IV and Resident Evil 5 have cross-game invites, and even then they work differently.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.