Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

MAG With PlayStation Move

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

A bit of footage of MAG being played with the PlayStation Move. Looks pretty impressive to me -- I always liked the Wii shooting mechanics so it's interesting to see them being taken a bit further here in PS3 games. I hope they can nail the formula.

It's worth nothing that the person capturing the footage is leaning over a camera to get everything in the shot, so it perhaps looks a little more awkward than it would in a true playing position. Exciting though.
    The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Dude

Turning looks slowwwwww.

Goldanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Goldanas

The game looks a lot better than I remember it. Watching this video makes me feel like they sold me a 60 dollar beta, but I'm glad that they're supporting it as much as they have. 

I noticed that aiming down the sights wasn't used at all, except accidentally at one point. I'm very concerned about how that will be implemented, if it will be at all. 

@The_Dude said:

" Turning looks slowwwwww. "

It didn't look too bad; I'm sure it can be adjusted like it can be for the sticks.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By get2sammyb
    @The_Dude said:
    " Turning looks slowwwwww. "
    Yeah you can probably turn the turning speed up. Also, MAG's community manager mentioned on GAF that they're going to allow the user to change the bounding box size.
    Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Jasonofindy

Personally, it is pretty pointless for me.  However, since Sony is not going all Nintendo "New Play Control" and actually removing the option to use traditional controls I'm actually all for it.  While I may have no interest in using motion controls in a shooter, if it adds an additional option that enables others to enjoy playing the games then I don't see how it can be seen as a bad thing.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Why can't they leave the fucking cross-hair in the middle of the screen?!

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By The_Dude

I don't know, I'm just not sold on this for FPS, if it does work out well then big ups. Just seems like if someone was using the move controller and went up against someone with normal controls the "move person" would get owned.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Jasonofindy said:

" Personally, it is pretty pointless for me.  However, since Sony is not going all Nintendo "New Play Control" and actually removing the option to use traditional controls I'm actually all for it.  While I may have no interest in using motion controls in a shooter, if it adds an additional option that enables others to enjoy playing the games then I don't see how it can be seen as a bad thing. "

My thoughts exactly. Adding an extra optional control scheme for those that want it is awesome. I kinda like the Wii setup and want to see it evolve, but I think it's cool that those who don't will not be locked out of the experience. The likes of MAG, Killzone and SOCOM will still be just as fun on the DualShock, which is neat.

@The_Dude said:

" I don't know, I'm just not sold on this for FPS, if it does work out well then big ups. Just seems like if someone was using the move controller and went up against someone with normal controls the "move person" would get owned. "

In my opinion, an experienced Move player should destory an experienced DualShock player. Moving between targets will be instantaneous with Move, where you're limited by the distant the sticks can move on a controller. In fact, I'm not sure how they're going to balance this. They were talking about separate lobbies in SOCOM 4 because the Move players were obliterating non-Move players in their focus testing.

We'll see. I guess that's a nice problem for them to have though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.