Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

One For The Scorned Raven Players

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

Haha just saw this over on the official GAF thread and couldn't help but giggle. As a loyal Raven player yet to even win on a S.V.E.R. map yet (and totally lucky to stave off two successful defence attempts) I thought this was a pretty fair replication of the state of our relative maps.

Still love the game though! :)
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @get2sammyb said:

" Haha just saw this over on the official GAF thread and couldn't help but giggle. As a loyal Raven player yet to even win on a S.V.E.R. map yet (and totally lucky to stave off two successful defence attempts) I thought this was a pretty fair replication of the state of our relative maps.

Still love the game though! :) "
    HAHAHA!!!  That is so accurate it is not funny!!!  Exactly that way.  We (SVER) are just sitting on our base watching RAVEN or VALOR respawn and just sniping them with our AK's. (yes AK's) and grenading/RPGing them)  Denfense is easy and attacking Valor takes at the most 4 minutes.  Raven is harder though.
    Avatar image for altf4_for_colors
    ALTF4_FOR_COLORS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ALTF4_FOR_COLORS
    @get2sammyb: 

They forgot to fill the Raven capture points with grenade explosions.
    AllenV86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By AllenV86

LOL this is so hitting the spot  :D

but i finally won my first Domination match against the S.V.E.R. ( RAVEN was attacking ) :D i was at C and D and we were the first of the 128 to get them open and both in our possession and did almost half the damage needed, then the S.V.E.R. started getting back but at the other fronts RAVEN was getting a better hand and so we won with about 9 minutes left on the clock :D got a real hefty amount of xp aswell :D ( almost 3 lvl's up :D all be it low lvl's from 9 to almost lvl 12 but its always usefull )

grtz Allen :p

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By get2sammyb

I just beat S.V.E.R. twice in a row. On Domination no less. Must be a fucking miracle. Sadly, the next 3 games, all against S.V.E.R. (two defence, one attack) ended in miserable, miserable annihilation.

I'd hazard S.V.E.R. win approximately 70% of the matches on their map. Raven, maybe 35%?

I'm just curious what Zipper are going to do about it.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

S.V.E.R was overpowered in the beta as well, As well i've noticed a lot of things wrong with the game from the beta, Every one and their brother constantly healed people or revived them in the beta cause of the XP amount now it seems that thats all people do half the time in this, Back on the beta zipper was supposed to have lowered the exp low on the healing and reviving...but it seems to be back up there the majority of the time guys have 800-1000 exp just from reviving in a battle.

Johanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Johanz

Well, it's good that people are playing medics.. Isn't it? How annoying isn't it when you have a medic sitting ON YOUR CORPSE and just watching you bleed out. JUST HEAL ME DAMMIT! :(

Oh yeah, that picture. Priceless! Must be quite fun to attack against Raven (I'm Raven myself) the Raven defenses feel pretty balanced for attacking and defence.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Branthog

I've been playing ME2 since release, so I'm only now finally popping in MAG. I'm going to be choosing Raven, simply because I've heard that Valor is filled with "rah rah douchebags" and SVER seems to be the other over-filled group. I dont' want to pick "what everyone else is picking" and I certainly don't want to contribute to an imbalance in number of players that already exists. Plus, the look of SVER is just kind of... shitbally. They look like a bunch of homeless people on the street with a bottle of jack in a paper bag or something.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By get2sammyb

I'm finding ways to beat S.V.E.R. on their map now, but am having that problem where my squad/platoon are the only one doing any damage. I'm not trying to make this sound like "rah rah I'm brilliant at the game", I'm totally not. I'm just saying like, you can hold Objective A & B all match, but if the other platoons don't even grab the burn-off towers then you're fucked.

Which is one of the things I actually really like about the game. It brings the whole 256 players together, especially when you have vocal commander, platoon leaders and squad leaders.

Approaching 20 hours with the game yet and still learning. This game's fucking deep.

intarcouch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By intarcouch

The thing about this map (i'm SVER) is that all Raven ever fucking do is just sit back. I hate playing this map, because there is no action whatsoever. I have maybe played (once?) since release day, and I've only seen Raven bumrush the shit out of us (and win) one time. Every time this map comes up I say to my squad "might as well jerk off with one hand and play at the same time with the other."  

If you do not rush, I will just keep lobbing my Happy Gas Party Grenades back there.  

Man up and rush.

FlintstoneFlop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FlintstoneFlop
    One squad can fuck the whole thing up though, we nearly beat the SVER Bunker fortress earlier today, but for the right side of our platoon not taking their cooling towers for ages. Meaning we got all the flak from the OIC over comms.

I'm sure it'll get easier once everyone knows the drill in taking those bunkers.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @WilliamRLBaker said:

" S.V.E.R was overpowered in the beta as well, As well i've noticed a lot of things wrong with the game from the beta, Every one and their brother constantly healed people or revived them in the beta cause of the XP amount now it seems that thats all people do half the time in this, Back on the beta zipper was supposed to have lowered the exp low on the healing and reviving...but it seems to be back up there the majority of the time guys have 800-1000 exp just from reviving in a battle. "

whats wrong with constantly reviving people? it keeps you in the action and keeps the gameplay flowing so you dont have to run a mile to get to an objective. 
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By get2sammyb
    @FlintstoneFlop: But that's so awesome, right? That you were getting told off by someone way on the other side of the map because one squad in your platoon was fucking up?

I mean, personally, that's why I love this game.
    FlintstoneFlop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FlintstoneFlop

Oh yeah, totally,  he was a really good officer too, advising us which bunker to take/when enemy mortars  went down and such. So I felt pretty bad we let the team down. Its stuff like that when you really realise there are 256 players and not the 64 or so in your direct vicinity. Really great game so far.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @FlintstoneFlop said:
    " Oh yeah, totally,  he was a really good officer too, advising us which bunker to take/when enemy mortars  went down and such. So I felt pretty bad we let the team down. Its stuff like that when you really realise there are 256 players and not the 64 or so in your direct vicinity. Really great game so far. "
    agreed
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By get2sammyb
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @FlintstoneFlop said:
    " Oh yeah, totally,  he was a really good officer too, advising us which bunker to take/when enemy mortars  went down and such. So I felt pretty bad we let the team down. Its stuff like that when you really realise there are 256 players and not the 64 or so in your direct vicinity. Really great game so far. "
    agreed "
    Yeah I agree too. Which is exactly what you can't take the game at surface value. You hear people bitching about the game on their initial playthroughs and whatnot, but it really takes time with the game before you start realising the depth of everything.

I mean, the game's essentially an RTS for the Officer In Charge, which is MINDBLOWING when you consider or the "pieces" you are in control of are fucking REAL players.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker said:

" S.V.E.R was overpowered in the beta as well, As well i've noticed a lot of things wrong with the game from the beta, Every one and their brother constantly healed people or revived them in the beta cause of the XP amount now it seems that thats all people do half the time in this, Back on the beta zipper was supposed to have lowered the exp low on the healing and reviving...but it seems to be back up there the majority of the time guys have 800-1000 exp just from reviving in a battle. "

whats wrong with constantly reviving people? it keeps you in the action and keeps the gameplay flowing so you dont have to run a mile to get to an objective.  "
    when half your team is medics and do no killing of people or moving forward and just hang back and revive then it becomes a problem, I was part of atleast one game where every one on my squad was a medic and i was the only one with kills.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By get2sammyb
    @WilliamRLBaker: I can see how that would be a problem fo' shiz. I've not really experienced it myself yet though. Seeing a good spread of medics and repair-men in Domination which is what you need.

You should have shouted at those fools!
    Avatar image for generalmojo_786
    GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
    @get2sammyb said:
    " I'm finding ways to beat S.V.E.R. on their map now, but am having that problem where my squad/platoon are the only one doing any damage. I'm not trying to make this sound like "rah rah I'm brilliant at the game", I'm totally not. I'm just saying like, you can hold Objective A & B all match, but if the other platoons don't even grab the burn-off towers then you're fucked.  Which is one of the things I actually really like about the game. It brings the whole 256 players together, especially when you have vocal commander, platoon leaders and squad leaders.  Approaching 20 hours with the game yet and still learning. This game's fucking deep. "
    Pray that you dont meet me on the feild defending S.V.E.R becuase theres not a defence match that i aint lost yet ;)
    Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GeneralMojo_786 said:
    " @get2sammyb said:
    " I'm finding ways to beat S.V.E.R. on their map now, but am having that problem where my squad/platoon are the only one doing any damage. I'm not trying to make this sound like "rah rah I'm brilliant at the game", I'm totally not. I'm just saying like, you can hold Objective A & B all match, but if the other platoons don't even grab the burn-off towers then you're fucked.  Which is one of the things I actually really like about the game. It brings the whole 256 players together, especially when you have vocal commander, platoon leaders and squad leaders.  Approaching 20 hours with the game yet and still learning. This game's fucking deep. "
    Pray that you dont meet me on the feild defending S.V.E.R becuase theres not a defence match that i aint lost yet ;) "
    High fiiiive! SVER FTW!

Though, i only played in the beta. I'm actually intending on going something other than SVER this time, just to see what it's like.
    Zaffa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zaffa

When I hit 60 I'm thinking of making a Raven character... Of course I'm only at 16 and leveling's slow as fuck already.

intarcouch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By intarcouch

Me and My clan were thinking about switching from SVER to Raven after we all get to 60. It seems like Raven is gettin' dominated nowadays... they look like they could use some help. I just hope their weapons aren't complete shit.

msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By msdss
    @Zaffa said:
    " When I hit 60 I'm thinking of making a Raven character... Of course I'm only at 16 and leveling's slow as fuck already. "
    Really? Do you have resuscitation? I have no problem getting a full level, or atleast 3/4ths of a level every time I play a 256 player map. Even if we lose and I don't do that well. 

It might have been a bug, but on one of the 256 player maps I got 3 levels in a single game... and we lost....   

I'm only level 17 atm, but I am not seeing it slow at all. Then again, I just played STO, so everything seems fast to me...
    Zaffa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zaffa

I have resuscitation, I just don't get a chance to use it much. Other medics always beat me there... 
    I also do a lot of repairs (I have a sniper/medic/repair loadout) so those help. I'm just not leveling up much- I'm getting like 1/3rd of a level for every Dom game I win... And I've been getting whupped frequently. 
    Also, yeah SVER has easy maps to defend. Yesterday I got a 21 kill streak on a bunker turret, and didn't die until 2 minutes before the game ended. Know how I died? Enemy OIC called a bombing run on me.

msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By msdss

Sounds about like every game I play as Raven... 
    I just got done in a Raven v SVER dom game where we were assaulting... about half my team had retarded kill ratios ... like 10kills and 57deaths .... we were just getting mowed down. We never even started doing damage to the base. It was fucking embarassing...  I'm going to put the game down for awhile....

Zaffa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zaffa

You could always just use another PSN account and make a SVER character. I did that just yesterday, made a Raven character, and promptly got steamrolled when attacking SVER's  sabotage map. Cap'd and held B for like three minutes before they swarmed us.

msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By msdss

Yeah, my friend wanted to do the same thing. I chose Raven for a few reasons and I don't want to start over because shit isn't going my way... 

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By l4wd0g

Why did I go Raven again?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ineedaname
    @l4wd0g: To play alongside people like me, and not to pretend we're skilled, the one day we achieve victory will be a glorious day.
    l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By l4wd0g

It's true. we can be steamrolled together.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Daryl

I just ordered the game and a headset. Not sure what faction I'm going with but the prospect for having a hoodie is turning me on. SELL YOUR FACTION TO ME

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By Pibo47

They gotta nerf the fuck outa sver. Its insane.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Jackel2072

reading this thread has made me want the game even more. Too bad im broke =( but is Valor really filled with a bunch of ass holes?

Zaffa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zaffa

I'd assume so, since the other factions typically aren't. I'd guess all the "hxc rah rah you all suck" guys gravitated to Valor thanks to their modern army theme. I've only met one asshole on SVER but he was legitimately frustrated- His entire squad was practically flocking around mortar strikes, bombing runs and what have you. But in general guys on SVER with mics are typically pretty level-headed, and for the most part just point out where guys are or help coordinate the squad.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By demonbear
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    Thats me, yaaay!!!

Excuse me, you've just been shot. Allow me.

" +10xp"

Yaaay!!
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By handlas

I picked Raven first and gave up on them and switched to Valor (which I'm enjoying their little commando theme a lot more).  My experience with Raven was brutal.  On the point capture game type we got slaughtered every time.  Our bases seemed extremely easy to cap but the Valor and Sver seemed hard as hell.  Then after a few games of my teammates not even attempting to do the objective (why spawn camp when you are suppose to be capping a point?), I decided to give up on them before I sunk to much time into one team.  Go back to them when I reach lvl 60 of Valor.  Maybe patches later on will beef up Raven a bit because their maps seemed one-sided.

This was my experience at least.  I seemed to have capable teammates on some of the games yet we still couldn't win.

philuk19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By philuk19

I was intrested in picking this game up, but there seems to be so many issues currently. I hope zipper can correct these probelms or they will be killin off their own player base. I really wanna pick this up down the line.

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38  Edited By wealllikepie

YEA SVER
    b4 starting hardcore on my character i decided to try all the factions out 1st and i gotta say that SVER is far ahead of any other team in term of victories. and yea i cud totally relate to this pic BUT the same thing happens on sabotage on the raven map. i have yet to win on that thing: since the explosive point is on an elevated position and very well protected, i find it impossible to capture. if at least raven had less troops then maybe it would be fair...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.