Ribbons not saving?

#1 Posted by msdss (267 posts) -

I earned 6 ribbons in a single game yesterday for various things, and after the game was over I went and looked at my rewards page, and all of them were greyed out with a message saying I hadn't earned them yet. The next match after that I got a single ribbon for healing 250 points of damage and reviving 15 people in a single match, and still, nothing in my awards screen. 

Has anyone else experienced this? I've been getting ribbons fairly steadily every since I bought it but they aren't showing up... The only reason this pisses me off is that several trophies require you to obtain these ribbons... Any ideas?

#2 Posted by ryuken (109 posts) -

um.... unplug it and plug it back in again.  :p I just watched the southpark episode about the internets back califony way haha. you'll be fine.
#3 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
@msdss said:
" I earned 6 ribbons in a single game yesterday for various things, and after the game was over I went and looked at my rewards page, and all of them were greyed out with a message saying I hadn't earned them yet. The next match after that I got a single ribbon for healing 250 points of damage and reviving 15 people in a single match, and still, nothing in my awards screen.  Has anyone else experienced this? I've been getting ribbons fairly steadily every since I bought it but they aren't showing up... The only reason this pisses me off is that several trophies require you to obtain these ribbons... Any ideas? "
There has been a bit of a hiccup with the stats (there's a surprise) and at various periods they would just stop collecting then start again etc etc - i had the same yesterday with a few of my ribons/medals saying they were unlocked and then never appearing - and a few of them not matching up at all - stats saying 0 kills over 120m while i have 3 of those ribbons? mmkmay then!!. 

This morning however there was a 300kb patch that upladed from the game itself (not the xmb type of patch) that you may not have noticed, ill find the source for you in a moment but it gave a prettier skybox and fixed stats- to sum it up for you 

On the downside they said it will be on a case by case scenario if missing stats are awarded - 2 of my missing ribbons appeared, 3 more still have not - so be prepared for a little heartbreak there, but for now it is safe to play on without fear of losing stats (all ribbons i earned this afternoon appeared straight away)
#4 Posted by msdss (267 posts) -

Well that is some what comforting... 

Now a few map tweaks and I won't regret buying the game hehe.

#5 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
@msdss said:
" Well that is some what comforting...  Now a few map tweaks and I won't regret buying the game hehe. "
Yeah i adore the game (though it is an aquired taste) however the layouts on S.V.E.R'S Domination and Ravens Aquisition are slightly unbalanced with the way the turrets are layed out 

And defending the pumps as a Valor trooper is no fun atm when you get bombed in spawn by artillery every 20 seconds without fail 

But when you overcome those odds- it's freakin awesome!!
#6 Posted by Zaffa (28 posts) -

I played a great game this morning (before the patch apparently) and was like crazy healing and repairing everything (Dom, playing defence). Plus I shot down 2 helis. I went to check my stats... Nothing. Also, it seems to reset the kill/death and k/d spread stats all the time for me.

#7 Posted by ReaperOfLiving (491 posts) -

I am level 28 and apparently have killed no one but have 356 assists.  Uhh.. yah there is a problem.

#8 Posted by ALTF4_FOR_COLORS (146 posts) -

Whenever the stats zero out try backing out of the barracks and then going back in. This seems to work for me every time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.