Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

Why isn't Sony putting the PS3 headset bundled with MAG ?

MoistJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MoistJohn

I've thought about it for a while and frankly, it feels like they dropped the ball, again. I'm not saying put it in every game for free (although that would have been neat), but why not have a bundle, 10 bucks extra, with the headset ? 

better still, why isn't Sony putting one in every PS3 slim box ? 

I guess it's coming down to financial numbers, but i think at the very least, Zipper should have been begging them to add the headset. 

to those of you already playing, what are your feelings on the necessity of a headset ?

intarcouch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By intarcouch

it's definitely required in order to communicate thoroughly to the team. especially if you are a squad leader. also, it works out well when you are in a situation that calls you to yell , "HEY BRO LOOK BEHIND YOU!" i mean... you can always just callout fragos on shits- but being able to say "C'MON GUYS LETS DO THIS" really helps out a lot. it makes you feel wayyyyy more of a team player.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Daryl

I guess Sony figures people that are going to want to use headsets will just go out and buy one.

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

A headset is a enormous necessity.  The squad leaders have to have one I can promise, if they don't they usually lose.  So yes, yes and yes.  You will also be suprised the amount of people using the mics on this game.

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Zabant

Let me quote some lyrics *AHEM*

MONEY 
    MONEY  
    MONEY  
    MONEY....

MOOOONEEEEEEEYYY!!!

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ninjakiller

Is Mag worth the money?   I'm intrigued but not so sure.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By penguindust

SOCOM came with an optional mic as did the retail edition of Warhawk.  I think Sony's just given up on the idea of packing in mics since they don't seem to motivate people to buy the games that have them.  It's not the same as an additional Wii-mote, people who are likely to play these games, won't buy a game just cause it includes a mic.  At this point, a lot of folks figure I've gotten this far into the lifespan of the PS3 without a mic so it can't be all that necessary.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Burns098356GX

I bought the SOCOM - headset bundle when I got my PS3. It was a pretty good deal considering the bundle was only 10 bucks more then the individual game. 

...now only if the game was worth it....

Johanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Johanz

The limited edition could have been bundled with a headset atleast. I don't own a bluetooth headset and I feel the urge to invest in one!

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Johanz said:
    " The limited edition could have been bundled with a headset atleast. I don't own a bluetooth headset and I feel the urge to invest in one! "
    Take it from me, unless you plan on buying an expensive bluetooth or the official PS3 one, buy a usb headset.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By K0rN

Are you seriously asking why Sony who originally charged their console $599 isn't including a free bluetooth headset with a game?
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I have no idea, it seems that Sony cant give away the official wireless headsets as stand alones, so i dont know why they dont pack that one in with the game, its not a bad headsets has some disconnect issues, and its ergonomically retarded...but it works.

Sony needs to get their act together and stop treating psn basically like the child they beat and lock up in the basement.

Johanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Johanz
    @President_Barackbar said:
    " @Johanz said:
    " The limited edition could have been bundled with a headset atleast. I don't own a bluetooth headset and I feel the urge to invest in one! "
    Take it from me, unless you plan on buying an expensive bluetooth or the official PS3 one, buy a usb headset. "
    Was actually thinking about the official one, but yeah, USB headset is alright too. Easier to manage and no batteries. Hm might go with a USB one instead. Then I can use it easily with my computer too!
    Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14  Edited By Castiel

Ahem: 

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
    GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

M.A.G is no way worth £40 especially since its multiplayer only, i dont know what the fuck Sony was thinking not to bundle M.A.G with a headset, to me that is instant fail and M.A.G deserves to fail becuse of that, im a huge Sony fan but im just disgusted that Sony didnt bundle a headset with M.A.G, they did it with Socom:C and nearly every1 is useing a headset with that game, and people actually talk about tactics their, imagine what they could have done with M.A.G? good work Ziper and Sony :(

anyway who cares
    BFBC2 is almost here :)

FlintstoneFlop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FlintstoneFlop

Disgusted? Quite the hyperbole, sir.

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Fbomb

Wait... you can use a USB headset? Sonnova. I bought a bluetooth one for nothing.

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
    GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
    @Fbomb said:
    " Wait... you can use a USB headset? Sonnova. I bought a bluetooth one for nothing. "
    lol the ps3 does have usb ports so you could have tried it out mate :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.