Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 is the second downloadable game in the CCG series offers new game modes, Planeswalker opponents, decks, and puzzle challenges.

Almost Perfect, just one thing

slayergnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slayergnome

So I want to start out by saying alot of the changes are really great, specificlly:

1. Being able to edit the core deck

2. Having multi-player both local and online

3. The arch enemies are done very well (challenging but not impossible)

There is just one thing that drives me insane, and that is the auto tapping of mana. When you are dealing with a multicolored deck there is nothing worse than coming up with a plan that is foiled because you autotapped the wrong dam mana. If they gave me control of that I would be in love with this game (heck I feel like most of the time I am ok with autotapping but let me hold down like R2 when I play a spell and pick the lands I want to tap or make it an advance option like turning off auto assigning damage) .

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Chummy8

I agree about the mana tapping.  But still they kept all of the good things from the first game and made them better. 

My personal favorite is the now fully online two headed giant mode.  In the last game, you never knew if the 4 player game you were entering had two guys teaming up.  Now that's the whole point. 

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BrockNRolla

You forgot to mention that the name is ass as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Agreed, albeit they're usually pretty smart about which mana they tap for you. Still, it should have been an option for the multi-colored decks (I get around it by playing straight blue. I love the Illusion deck they have.)

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By hansolol

Minor gripe, but sometimes it's pain using the RS to move the cursor over to the card to you want to zoom in on. Especially in archmage games, the cursor will jump all over the place as it cycles through your opponent's layout.

Avatar image for gunstankscannon
    GunsTanksCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By GunsTanksCannon

Does this game crash as much as the first one did?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By KaosAngel

I've been fucked many times for not being able to tap my own lands...I don't get why they won't give you an option for it.

nasie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By nasie

Deck editing is way to limited. auto tapping sucks, and the controls kinda.. not optional but they work. It's a fine game if you want to play a game of magic but it offers pretty boring to limited options for people who actually plays a lot of magic. 

it's fine..

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By themartyr

The RS highlighting is atrocious. Asides from that, I play this game with almost every bit of my free time. About 2-3 hours per night.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I don't need to edit my deck much, I actually prefer to know the game has balanced a bunch of decks and you're just expected to use them to the best of their potential. I don't want to construct an unbeatable deck, I want to rely on forethought and management of random chance to outplay an equal opponent.

The mana tapping is aggravating, though. Makes it hard to play with real strategy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.