Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 26, 2013

The fourth entry in the Duels of the Planeswalkers series from Stainless Games. The biggest addition this year is the Sealed Decks

Out this week - who's playing and what platforms?

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

This game nicely scratches my annual Magic itch. I'm excited to see how Sealed works out, and might want to try that against some other duders. What platform is everyone going to be playing on?

I usually go XBLA, but I picked it up on iOS as well last year and it kept me from going insane when I was without power for the first week in July.

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

ill get it for xbox, really excited about sealed, although them selling extra deck slots seems kinda sketchy.

Also, is the ios version only for ipad? If its not i might pick it up for my iphone too

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Looks like it is iPad only. Didn't realize that when I made the first post.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I got it on PC. And I love sealed. I made a nice Black deck. Almost had no choice really after I got a Grave Titan out of my first booster.

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By lightsoda

Wtf, it's free? Downloading on my nexus 10 now.

Edit: ah, you need to unlock the full game to play against more powerful opponents.

Looks gorgeous and plays well on my nexus.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

I got it on PC as well.

Is it just me or do the decks get worse every year? Chandra is never great but it's a fucking catastrophe now. I'm just glad that all of her cards came unlocked with my preorder. I'd hate to have to play her to 30 victories.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I got the other two on PC but is it not out for Android yet? Or only tablets? Cause I can't find it on my S2.

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@nictel: its made for tablets, apparently people have downloaded it on their phones, and complained about not being able to read text et.c, it seems.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@starvinggamer: What makes it worse is that the Avacyn's Glory deck is so much better than the rest. On iOS it's pretty much the only deck people are playing online, because at the moment it is just steamrolling through the other decks. I think the other decks can catch up, the Liliana deck could be pretty good once the zombie lords are unlocked; but for most of the other decks to be anywhere near playable you need to hunt down the promo cards, which is a really dumb system. Even with that though the decks just seem less interesting than last year.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@nictel: its made for tablets, apparently people have downloaded it on their phones, and complained about not being able to read text et.c, it seems.

I got it on my Galaxy S4 and I can read the text just fine. The problem I have with it is it gets weird about where you have to touch the screen to do some things.

Fracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I got it on the iPad and there's a LOT of interface issues with it. I'll still keep playing it on teh iPad as I just like playing this style of game more on there. I talked in my review about the touch screen targeting issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.