Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 17, 2009

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers is a streamlined, user-friendly, version of the popular trading card game. Take one of eight decks and engage in a battle of wits against the computer or online opponents.

Any interest in a Giant Bomb "League?"

Fracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fracture

Maybe league isn't the right word but I think you guys get the idea. Not really a tournament per-se but something along the lines of keeping track of who played with who. Something like that. The nice part of all the decks being underwhelming is that no one will have the channel fireball deck.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I'd be for getting some sort of Giant Bomb users together to play.  My gamertag is the same as my user name if anyone wants to play

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
    ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

I just want to ask you guys some thing..... Does this game freeze up or glitch out on you???
    I've been playing it and notice it has a tendency to freeze and spaz out on me.

rohifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By rohifi

I've only had the game freeze once on me but I think that's just more a general xbox problem than the game as my 360 tends to do it randomly.

I'd be interested in finding some people to play against but I'm actually a little disappointed in the game now that it seems you can't customize an entire deck, just build off of the base decks they force you to use. I'm actually considering going back to Magic Online if that's still a viable alternative to actually getting physical cards (the problem of which requires care of the cards as well as finding others to play), I used to play both like pre-2000 but have been out of the game for quite some time. This 360 version has definitely gotten me interested (might even say hooked) in the game all over again.

If any players want to add me to their friends list my gamertag is GS Ryvvn, don't bother directly replying to me here as I don't usually log into my GB profile too often.

Neopezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Neopezz

Whats the deck customization like? It was hard to tell just from the demo.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By breadfan
    @Neopezz said:
    " Whats the deck customization like? It was hard to tell just from the demo. "
    It's not too in depth, you play the campaign using one of the decks and unlock some new cards to add to that deck.  Nothing that customizable.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Stang
    @Br3adfan said:
    " @Neopezz said:
    It's not too in depth, you play the campaign using one of the decks and unlock some new cards to add to that deck.  Nothing that customizable. "
    Is this game accessible to somebody who has no experience with the game at all? If so, I may give it a try.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By breadfan
    @Stang said:
    " @Br3adfan said:
    " @Neopezz said:
    It's not too in depth, you play the campaign using one of the decks and unlock some new cards to add to that deck.  Nothing that customizable. "
    Is this game accessible to somebody who has no experience with the game at all? If so, I may give it a try. "
    The game has a tutorial and a mode called Mentor mode, although I haven't played that mode I assume it is used to find people online to help you learn to play the game, but I may be wrong.  There are also tips and help prompts that pop up when something is played in case you don't know what something does
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I bought this game on an impulse about 30 minutes ago. It kind of sucks that you can't fully customize a deck (because that was one of my favorite things to do when I was actually into Magic), but I still find it enjoyable, even if the interface is clunky. Gamertag is same as my username.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Jayge_

I still need to check this game out...

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By PureRok

I'm up to play it. GT is the same.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Jeffsekai

I'd be down, halogu117  Xbox 360

Harknett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Harknett

GT is Harknett. Toss me on your list if you're looking for someone to play. 

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Death_Unicorn
    @ValkyrieGoddess: I'm pretty sure this is a glitch throughout, as most users have found this game to be glitchy as hell, I've had it freeze on me a thoussaand times, and I have heard I am not alone.

GT: Erratic Unicorn.
    However, I won't be on all this month.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.