Anyone else had problems with this game freezing

#1 Posted by Gambit (727 posts) -

I bought this today and I've had it freeze up on me a couple times. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

#2 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3963 posts) -

I haven't bought it yet. Is it good? Just tried the tutorial. I'm trying to figure out how you get different cards?  They're not opening up a store to pay exorbitant amounts for cash for cards are they?

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -

They game froze a couple times for one of my friends.  I haven't had the problem at all so, maybe it just happens at random.

#4 Posted by Icil (727 posts) -

I had the AI freeze on me yesterday. Card-zooming and everything was working, but the opponent wouldn't let a spell pass through.

#5 Posted by NiteStocker (22 posts) -

It has happened to me. Try changing the view around (D-Pad) then give it a sec to catch up. It worked for me a few times. Good luck.

#6 Posted by spiredcrescent (189 posts) -

I have played a few games all of them were co op stuff its hasnt frozen yet

#7 Posted by pakx (922 posts) -

i love this game to death but occasionally i've been at a pivotal moment in the game and me or the opponent be they AI or otherwise will put something on the stack and it will simply stay there with no timer or button options. it's quite frustrating because i can still pause the game, get to the menu screen or escape to the dashboard, but i cant unfreeze the game i'm on.

#8 Posted by ValkyrieGoddess (1922 posts) -

It freezes 8/10 times when i try to play couch co-op mode. I managed to get most of the achievements though so no biggie.

#9 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
@Icil said:
" I had the AI freeze on me yesterday. Card-zooming and everything was working, but the opponent wouldn't let a spell pass through. "
I've had that happen a few times, pushing in the analog sticks seemed to fix it.  As for the game actually freezing, I've only had it happen to me once.
#10 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I had the AI freeze, did the d-pad swing view around and it fixed the problem each time.

#11 Posted by EoghanHassan (5 posts) -

Keeps happening to me today.

So annoying.

Hope they to an update soon along with some DLC

#12 Posted by HairyMike87 (1015 posts) -

My game just froze. I played a spell, game froze and the controller just vibrates like crazy. I thought I was gonna RROD, but I guess not.

#13 Posted by silverphoenix (5 posts) -

it used to freeze more before they switched up the game for expansion 2. now it does it only when you make too big of a chain. me and my friend accidentally made it go back 3 turns.....now that was a new one for me. there are card glitches as well. unfortunately they dont seem too keen on fixing any of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.