Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magicka

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 14, 2011

A satirical fantasy action-adventure in which you and up to three friends take on The Forces of Evil by wielding eight elements of magick and combining them in unique ways.

Last boss is the worst thing I've ever played ever

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jmrwacko

... how the fuck are you supposed to beat him? This is getting ridiculous. I'm all for difficulty in video games, but the last few levels of this game have just been frustrating as hell trial and error stages with instant death around every corner. TBH, I can see why this game got mediocre reviews. I may just not bother beating the last level.

Edit: So I got lucky with his attack sequence after the fifty billionth try and got to burn him down with a laser, just stopping to put up a rock barrier when he did that ice barrage thing. But damn... that boss sucked.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Simplexity

The game can be a bit bullshit at times, and the checkpointing is a bit weak, so it's extra annoying to instantly die of something then get sent back to where you were 5 minutes ago.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Kjellm87

Sounds painful.
    At the same time , I'm glad they still make challenging games now and then.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By metal_mills

72% on average is mediocre?

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5  Edited By zyn
    @Kjellm87 said:
    " Sounds painful. At the same time , I'm glad they still make challenging games now and then. "
    There's "challenging", then there's "I do triple damage to you cause I r a boss LOLz".

I haven't played the game but it seems developers are using the cheap "boss damage" mechanic.
    Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kjellm87
    @zyn said:
    " @Kjellm87 said:
    " Sounds painful. At the same time , I'm glad they still make challenging games now and then. "
    There's "challenging", then there's "I do triple damage to you cause I r a boss LOLz".  I haven't played the game but it seems developers are using the cheap "boss damage" mechanic. "
    Yeah, these are never fun.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

Yeah the last bosss was fucking frustrating,
    I got the tactic down but he still requires you to be pretty much perfect and to never be greedy with dammage.

My setup at the end of the game was:
    Staff of Life + M60
    Staff of Life keeps your shield and health regnerating
    M60 is almost instant dammage when you need it

One viable strat that I fugued out:
    1) what you do is go off into the right corner first, this way boss only launches those super dammaging projectiles from one side not both
    2) after that your only other danger is the BLIZZARD that he casts if you get cought with shield down
    3) primary dammage dealer is Thunderstrike for 5000 dmg (never cast more then 2 times in a row, because you will not have time for 3rd before boss does a move)
    4) M60 when you don't have time for Thunderstike
    5) keep time slow up at all times
    6) when you see him start to cast those shards shield up ASAP, not personal (personal sould already be up on you anyway) just the standart directional
    7) a soon as the fucker starts to heal M60
    8) ignre lightning or meteor shower, they can't break though your personal shield

hope this helps others out

DeviantJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeviantJoker

I've only tried one way to beat him and it's always worked (twice now).

Constant-Fucking-Lightning Bolt. FQASA + Spacebar... repeat until dead. My memory muscle and fingers are a bit quick so I just landed Lightning Bolts on him with no problems.  

My requisite Shield was on, but he never really touches it. I also have the Staff of Life, again, this does not matter since he never does anything. I think if you keep landing Lightning Bolts, perhaps, it messes up his ability to cast other annoying spells like Blizzard or Vortex (which I have no idea how to escape) -- or I could have just been extremely lucky when I beat him twice. I literally just stand in front of him and begin my Lighting Bolt barrage. The only time I did anything else is when he throws his "Green Projectiles". All I do is wait for tell-tale sign he'll be doing that, cast Area Shield (Shift + E) - let the Green Projectiles ram against that (I don't bother powering up the shield, the flames kill the area shield and that sequence ends with no damage to me with correct timing) and then spacebar as soon as it goes down since I have Lighting Bolt loaded up again and begin the barrage once more. He usually gets two or three green projectiles off at me before he dies. Easy Peasy. 

This entire game can be beaten very easily, especially once you have Teleport/Lighting Bolt. The hardest things I've found were - Vlad and Khan for my "standard" tactic which works against 99% of the game. Multiple Yeti-Trolls are dangerously annoying, too - but again, nothing that can be beaten with the basic wet-freeze combo. Still a fun game, definitely good Co-Op. If you need help, I can hop on Steam and slay the shit out of Ass-a-doodle in quick step for you or run through the game with you in under 4 hours.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zithe
    @jmrwacko:  

Have you tried running over to the wooden thing near the right side of his platform and setting up a regular shield to the left of it? Kinda hard to accurately describe the positioning, but you can pretty much live forever against him if you get it right. Also, using the staff of Aristocrats or whatever it's called that gives all elemental resistance makes him pretty damn easy. I didn't have much trouble with this boss. Also, keep in mind that almost all of these encounters are easier when you have a friend there to revive you. I was playing solo both times I beat him, though.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ajamafalous

Wait really? Cause I killed him in about 3 seconds on my first try. Didn't even get to see his attack sequence or anything. Just loaded up Arcane + Steam + Steam + Lightning + Lightning and oneshotted him.

asmo29a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By asmo29a

Don't know if you mean Grimnir or Assatur, but both are ridiculously easy and die _literally_ within 5-10 seconds with the right spells. Just have a shield up so you don't get oneshot at Grimnir and spam Lightning Bolt. For the last boss, just be at 100% life and shield and hit him with the lolbeam, he doesn't do enough damage to get through your shield and life bar before he's dead himself.  
    Once you've figured out the best spells to do stuff (which are about two for most of the game) you can just breeze through the whole thing without fancy equipement or complicated tactics. 

I found the snow trolls and those grabbing trees in the Swamp way harder when soloing. As soon as you've got a second player in to interrupt them those are a non-issue, as well.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @asmo29a said:

" Don't know if you mean Grimnir or Assatur, but both are ridiculously easy and die _literally_ within 5-10 seconds with the right spells. Just have a shield up so you don't get oneshot at Grimnir and spam Lightning Bolt. For the last boss, just be at 100% life and shield and hit him with the lolbeam, he doesn't do enough damage to get through your shield and life bar before he's dead himself.  Once you've figured out the best spells to do stuff (which are about two for most of the game) you can just breeze through the whole thing without fancy equipement or complicated tactics.  I found the snow trolls and those grabbing trees in the Swamp way harder when soloing. As soon as you've got a second player in to interrupt them those are a non-issue, as well. "

I don't quite see how that works, considering:
    1. Assatur has over 40000k hp at least by my count (i might be wrong)
    2. Beam of death (I assume you are talkingabout qfqfsaa or it's variants) does only 700 dmg per tick
    3. His channeled missle barrage will one shot you even with shield if both streams hit, and one stream will take you below half hp (using staff of war he will still get through shields just ot one shot anymore)

unless he spazzez out like regular monsters due to beam
    or you are using some of the following specific items which make him much easier: aristocrats staff or vlads gauntlet (which i would consider using fancy equipment)

@ajamafalous

said:

" Wait really? Cause I killed him in about 3 seconds on my first try. Didn't even get to see his attack sequence or anything. Just loaded up Arcane + Steam + Steam + Lightning + Lightning and oneshotted him. "

Is he really bugged when using this spell?
    Because this is what it sounds like, since sfqfqaa does quite little dammage compared to his health.
    asmo29a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By asmo29a

You're right, I was wearing the Arisocrats Staff as it seemed better than any other staff after it, forgot about that. I've finished the game four times and I guess I always went with that staff, so I didn't even think about it. 
    As for the DPS, I've got no idea how much HP he has, I just beamed him with QFAAAS and he died in what felt like less than 10 seconds and got exactly one of his barrages out before biting the dust *shrug*.  

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Tennmuerti said:
    " @asmo29a said:

" Don't know if you mean Grimnir or Assatur, but both are ridiculously easy and die _literally_ within 5-10 seconds with the right spells. Just have a shield up so you don't get oneshot at Grimnir and spam Lightning Bolt. For the last boss, just be at 100% life and shield and hit him with the lolbeam, he doesn't do enough damage to get through your shield and life bar before he's dead himself.  Once you've figured out the best spells to do stuff (which are about two for most of the game) you can just breeze through the whole thing without fancy equipement or complicated tactics.  I found the snow trolls and those grabbing trees in the Swamp way harder when soloing. As soon as you've got a second player in to interrupt them those are a non-issue, as well. "

I don't quite see how that works, considering:
    1. Assatur has over 40000k hp at least by my count (i might be wrong)
    2. Beam of death (I assume you are talkingabout qfqfsaa or it's variants) does only 700 dmg per tick
    3. His channeled missle barrage will one shot you even with shield if both streams hit, and one stream will take you below half hp (using staff of war he will still get through shields just ot one shot anymore)

unless he spazzez out like regular monsters due to beam
    or you are using some of the following specific items which make him much easier: aristocrats staff or vlads gauntlet (which i would consider using fancy equipment)

@ajamafalous

said:

" Wait really? Cause I killed him in about 3 seconds on my first try. Didn't even get to see his attack sequence or anything. Just loaded up Arcane + Steam + Steam + Lightning + Lightning and oneshotted him. "

Is he really bugged when using this spell? Because this is what it sounds like, since sfqfqaa does quite little dammage compared to his health. "
    I was using Staff of War and the sword that teleports you to the enemy before it hits.
    Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Onno10
    @zyn said:
    " @Kjellm87 said:
    There's "challenging", then there's "I do triple damage to you cause I r a boss LOLz".  I haven't played the game but it seems developers are using the cheap "boss damage" mechanic. "
    Firstly: Why are you bashing games you haven't even played?
    Secondly: The bosses aren't that hard, but even then you could just get some friends or strangers to help you out.
    And finally: the non unique bosses like first 'boss' (a troll) are exactly the same as any other identical enemies you'd encounter later (or have encountered sooner) in the game.
    daschne8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daschne8
    @jmrwacko: simply self shield and thunderbolt. i killed him in like 30 seconds without taking a hit.
    Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Nux
    @ajamafalous:
    I see you are a master at magic then.
    B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By B0nd07

We're talking about Assatur, right?  Not Grimnir?  In either case, I had the Staff of War (double hit points) and the M60 (didn't need it).  At the start of the battle, I cast shield on myself then hit him with a steam+lighting+arcane beam for a couple seconds.  After getting him wet from the steam, I hit him with a few thunder bolts.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheHT

I teleported to the top left corner and just thunderstruck his ass. Had a personal shield and whenever he attacked would drop a shield in front of me. Took about 1 minute.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.