Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magicka

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 14, 2011

A satirical fantasy action-adventure in which you and up to three friends take on The Forces of Evil by wielding eight elements of magick and combining them in unique ways.

M60... Funny, yet broken?

Morien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Morien

So I got the M60, and been using it quite a bit, seems a bit overpowered. It's like an arcane beam but without the charging and faster aiming, well that is to say it isn't magical and certain monsters have shields which need magic to be removed.. 
    Anyway, what do you guys think? I think it's funny to see a machine gun in this kind of game, and the achievement you get from using it is nice too, but a bit over powered?  

Also, the life regen staff you can get very early in the game is crazy. It regenerates your shield?? Shield is so useful against everything, why would I want a different staff? 

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Bennyishere

Never going to play Magicka, but that sounds AWESOME.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ZimboDK

Oh god yes. I've been using it almost exclusively ever since I got it. It kills just about anything in a matter of seconds. I'm in chapter 6 now, and it is starting to become less effective.

Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Onno10

Trust me the M60 becomes pretty useless when nearing the end, it still is the best weapon in the game tough.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Simplexity

The M60 makes the entire game up untill the last boss a joke.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

yeah it's pretty bananas. takes out smaller enemies in a couple of seconds.

DeviantJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeviantJoker

Your petty M60 and Shield means nothing to my Yeti-Troll army!

chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By chickdigger802

sigh. My m60 randomly disappeared when I picked up some other sword =(  

Was useful killing goblins. 

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Geno

It has nice dps, but spells still generally do more (factoring in explosions from arcane spells for instance). It also doesn't have the utility of ice spells which greatly slows enemies.  

As for the staff, you'll want to change one later in the game (staff of war I think) since it doubles your health. Without it a lot of enemies will 1-shot you. 

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FunExplosions
    @chickdigger802 said:

" sigh. My m60 randomly disappeared when I picked up some other sword =(   Was useful killing goblins.  "

Was it the sword that was stuck in the rubble near the middle of the game? If so, it happened to me, too. Was kinda bummed, but then again, by that point the M60 starts to be pretty useless. I've been using a kickass spell that deals way more damage to way more enemies. 

Edit: Spoiler tag isn't working so I took some stuff out.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Tennmuerti

It's not OP
    It's nice in early to midgame to cleanup weak monsters but as the game progresses it becomes less and les powerfull.
    Still very convinient when you need to kill trash monsters (and final boss)

@Geno said:

" It has nice dps, but spells still generally do more (factoring in explosions from arcane spells for instance). It also doesn't have the utility of ice spells which greatly slows enemies.   As for the staff, you'll want to change one later in the game (staff of war I think) since it doubles your health. Without it a lot of enemies will 1-shot you.  "

I rolled with staff of war for a bit but switched back to life after a while, just because I'm a lazy ass and it keeps your shields up.
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By fox01313

So far after getting it I've been enjoing it to take out the goblins or finish things off while not shooting down the animated tree monsters on your side (if youhave that staff). Maybe if I can get past the area where they introduce the giants with cannons I'll find something better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.