Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magicka

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 14, 2011

A satirical fantasy action-adventure in which you and up to three friends take on The Forces of Evil by wielding eight elements of magick and combining them in unique ways.

Magicka

cassus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Edited By cassus

Just thought I'd post my initial thoughts about Magicka. Played a couple of hours of it now. If you like spellcasting, just go get this game right now. This thing is pure genius. You combine different elements to create your own spells. Rock, Shield and Water, for example, creates a rain cloud. Once your enemies are drenched, do an Arcane + Lightning to cast a beam of electricity on your wet targets for extra damage. I feel I'm only scratching the surface of this game so far. The combos and spells offer a depth I've never seen in any other game. Yes, the spells are tricky to remember at times, especially the longer combos (fire earth shield fire earth is the sequence for a wall of tiny vulcanos) but that only seems fair. After all, casting spells is a tricky matter.

I have instant love for this game. The humor is funny as hell also. Especially if you're from one of the scandinavian countries. There's a sort of simlish language in this game, and it's got some recognizeable words from the norwegian/swedish/danish languages. Absolutely hilarious. 

I might make a full review of this in a couple of days, as I'm unsure of how many will actually bother playing this and/or reviewing it. It's featured on the main page in steam right now, so it might actually sell a few copies. 

10€ right now, and it puts any action RPG combat system to shame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.