Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magicka

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 14, 2011

A satirical fantasy action-adventure in which you and up to three friends take on The Forces of Evil by wielding eight elements of magick and combining them in unique ways.

Magicka...

TokyoShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By TokyoShoe

Downloaded the demo for Magicka today. VERY impressive game, but I could see it being super-hard long-term. VERY heavily thinking about buying it. After all.. at only $10, how can I lose?

TokyoShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TokyoShoe

Downloaded the demo for Magicka today. VERY impressive game, but I could see it being super-hard long-term. VERY heavily thinking about buying it. After all.. at only $10, how can I lose?

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FritzDude

BANANER!

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BraveToaster

They should hurry and release this on XBLM.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Aronman789

I didn't even know what system this was for. 
    I should try it out.

TokyoShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TokyoShoe

And remember, the safe word is: Banana! 

Does anyone know what LANGUAGE is used for the voice over? Or is it effectively the swedish version of "simlish"?

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Simplexity
    @TokyoShoe:  It's Swemlish
    FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FritzDude
    @TokyoShoe:
    It's swenglish... No seriously it's not Swedish, though some words are on swedish, like Bananer.
    TokyoShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TokyoShoe

Swemlish, I like!

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By daavpuke
    @TokyoShoe said:
    " Downloaded the demo for Magicka today. VERY impressive game, but I could see it being super-hard long-term. VERY heavily thinking about buying it. After all.. at only $10, how can I lose? "
    It's a challenge (certainly boss fights) but in all the game does get easier as you get used to it and you dish out the completely unbalanced spells :D. You must try your hand at some co-op; it's to DIE for!
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zithe
    @TokyoShoe said:
    " And remember, the safe word is: Banana!  Does anyone know what LANGUAGE is used for the voice over? Or is it effectively the swedish version of "simlish"? "
    It's gibberish. Also, I want to point out that the "Banana" line isn't just a throw away thing. I'f you're playing your new game plus and you already know how to play, you can press Esc and click "Banana?!" to skip the tutorial. Took me a while to figure that out.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ajamafalous

There are quite a few challenging parts in it. Game is mad fun though. Definitely recommend coop if you can find a friend to play with.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Akrid

Ain't done it yet but you can min/max it with a particular spell and a particular weapon, so it's basically as hard as you want it to be.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By jacksukeru

Bought it, I tried playing it but my computer chugs too much :( 

And what's with Swedes putting Swedish in their games? Just finished Rearmed 2 and there are several signs in that game that read "Tillträde Beivras".

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti

Going gets tough towards the end of th game even with the best most powerfull spells.
    You basically HAVE to be using spells that seemed OP at the start to progress if playing solo.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By fox01313

While it's funny to have Bananar in the tutorial menu, I found the game to be quite fun at times but other times (namely around bosses) expect to go through trial & error & death a lot. There's one spot in some ruins (chapter 2 or 3 if I recall) where a ton of monsters attack that took a huge amount of time to get past. Best tip I can say from what I've played so far is once you get the staff from the druids (who say Nii), that tree creature can help out on many occasions as you can have a few up at a time to help take the heat off you. Good luck & have Batman.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Jimbo

It seems pretty irritating in single player (awful checkpoint system coupled with cheap, annoying deaths).  I recommend co-op or forget it (you can revive each other in co-op).

TokyoShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TokyoShoe

I find it rather frustrating in the Demo that any shot arrow that hits your mage automatically KNOCKS YOU ON YOUR BUTT. That seems rather.. stupid, given the fact that this also interrupts spell casting. There's one scene with a mess load of goblin archers in it that I just have the dickens of a time getting past because of this. Constant stream of interrupts pouring in from the goblin archers. ARGH!

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zithe
    @TokyoShoe said:
    " I find it rather frustrating in the Demo that any shot arrow that hits your mage automatically KNOCKS YOU ON YOUR BUTT. That seems rather.. stupid, given the fact that this also interrupts spell casting. There's one scene with a mess load of goblin archers in it that I just have the dickens of a time getting past because of this. Constant stream of interrupts pouring in from the goblin archers. ARGH! "
    If I'm not mistaken, arrows only knock you down when you have a shield around yourself. You honestly don't need the shield unless you're in co-op anyway. It can be a life saver when your friend likes to use thunderbolt.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.