New free magicka DLC - Includes 'crash to desktop' Spell

#1 Edited by Onno10 (405 posts) -

In case you didn't know, the launch of Magicka was pretty dam buggy. Anyway, check out what the people of Arrowhead came up with.

Here's the full list of new stuff:
 1 Staff – “Bugged Staff” – summons a swarm of bugs.
1 Sword – “A broken sword”
1 Robe – “Patched Robe”
1 Magick – “Crash to Desktop – Magick –deletes any foe (or friend, yourself)

Also, the developers even made a song about the buggy launch, check it out at

http://www.magickagame.com/media/music
#2 Edited by Onno10 (405 posts) -

Here's a video of the new spell in action (I don't take credit for this video)
#3 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I love this game, and the developers. Great sense of humor.

#4 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Aww, I thought it made the whole game crash to desktop, that would have been way cooler. 
And a very good way to make people afraid of playing with strangers...

#5 Posted by CornBREDX (4789 posts) -

game seems fun, i need to check it out soon. The new stuff to parody their bugs is pretty funny.  Assuming it's fairly fixed now and working. 
I assume it is.
 =)

#6 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

That's funny

#7 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

thats really cool. I need to get this

#8 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

Awesome of them to actually do that. I really need to get this game.

#9 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

Man, I just got past that part before the new spell was put in place. Took me so many times to get past that bridge by myself.

#10 Posted by Tennmuerti (7997 posts) -

Isn't that kind of OP?

#11 Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -
@MaFoLu: Same! I would have bought the game on the spot if that's what the spell did
#12 Posted by FritzDude (2253 posts) -

Why didn't Obsidian do this with their Fallout New Vegas? That game was, and still is, a buggy mess. I want a fucking-peace-of-shit-gun that will force enemies through the ground!  

Anyways, great to see that some developers still have their laughs even after the buggy launch.

#13 Edited by Tennmuerti (7997 posts) -
@FritzDude said:
"

Why didn't Obsidian do this with their Fallout New Vegas? That game was, and still is, a buggy mess. I want a fucking-peace-of-shit-gun that will force enemies through the ground!  

Anyways, great to see that some developers still have their laughs even after the buggy launch.

"
Because they have been simply comissioned to do a spinoff by Bethesda on a buggy ass Gamebryo engine. It's not their baby so to speak, so little reason to have feelings for it.
They fixed as many bugs as they could and moved on.
#14 Edited by Onno10 (405 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:

" Isn't that kind of OP? "

Nope, it has the same chance of deleting yourself or one of your friends as it has for deleting an enemy.
#15 Posted by Tennmuerti (7997 posts) -
@Onno10: Ah, I get it. Cool :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.