procedurally generated terrain

#1 Posted by RJMacReady (346 posts) -

All this game needs is PGT  and i'll never have to play diablo again. 

#2 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Is it fixed now? I've been looking to buy it, but don't want to deal with bugs.

#3 Posted by RJMacReady (346 posts) -
@Aronman789 said:
" Is it fixed now? I've been looking to buy it, but don't want to deal with bugs. "
PGT is a feature where environments are different every time  there are a few bugs though in the game
#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@RJMacReady said:
" @Aronman789 said:
" Is it fixed now? I've been looking to buy it, but don't want to deal with bugs. "
PGT is a feature where environments are different every time  there are a few bugs though in the game "
They need to fix the online play so playing with three people does not eat ungodly amounts of bandwidth. 
#5 Posted by Tennmuerti (8123 posts) -

I love magicka but a large part of the charm is the huge amount of parody/self parody/references/setting.
Proceduraly generated terrain would be of no interest to me personally.

#6 Posted by dudeglove (7912 posts) -
@RJMacReady said:
" All this game needs is PGT  and i'll never have to play diablo again.  "
Even 10 years down the line Diablo II is still played online. I highly doubt Magicka will be.
#7 Posted by RJMacReady (346 posts) -
@dudeglove said:
" Even 10 years down the line Diablo II is still played online. I highly doubt Magicka will be. "
Diablo has PGT and high replayability. Still i think 1 thing that magicka does that diablo doesn't do as well is magic. I'm biased maybe because i never play melee in diablo
#8 Posted by dudeglove (7912 posts) -
@RJMacReady said:
" @dudeglove said:
" Even 10 years down the line Diablo II is still played online. I highly doubt Magicka will be. "
Diablo has PGT and high replayability. Still i think 1 thing that magicka does that diablo doesn't do as well is magic. I'm biased maybe because i never play melee in diablo "
From what I've seen of Magicka's gameplay, it seems to be pretty much about spamming spells left right and centre infinitely - and I'm willing to bet that maybe a handful of those spells are actually of any real use, whereas the other combinations are merely flashy. Diablo II has never been about magic, it's about specializing in a particular build, whether it be a hammerdin, orb sorc or javazon - and that's where the appeal lies. Being able to rapid fire off spells in Magicka will get tiresome. Soloing D2 on hell difficulty with an enchantress, on the other hand, is one hell of a challenge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.