Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 18, 2009

The Majesty franchise makes the transition to 3D in Majesty 2, the sequel to the critically well-received, fantasy real-time strategy game.

Such a terrible demo

Maitre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Maitre

I'm sure that i was not the only one who wanted to check out Majesty 2 after seeing the quicklook with Dave after all what they showed of the game looked really entertaining. 

So why is this demo terrible? Well it will beat the crap out of you that is why.  
     In the demo there are two scenarios, the first one being a tutorial scenario which is fine. Now the second scenario however is the one i do not understand why they put it in, you would figure that they would put a mission from rather early in the game not to scare anyone off, well no... In the second scenario the goal is to survive, that's it. No "how long", no "how", no "against who", just survive. So what happens is that you start a the level with a large number of buildings the tutorial does not even mention and enemies swarming at you from everywhere, new dens appearing instantly when you destroy them and the enemies that become stronger over time. There is not a second in this scenario that you are not being attacked, its absolutely maddening. 
    Now would this be  just a loose optional challenge mission in the game that would be fine but to make the most frustrating experience possible the demo is beyond me.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By KowalskiManDown

In Russia... demo's play you!

Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jecrell

The second mission in the demo is indeed a survival map, except it's fairly impossible because the Bearmen will show up with around 3000 hp and kill you regardless. Anyway, I loved Majesty 2 the full game by comparison. Most of it is slower paced, the demo just shows the two sides of the same coin that is Majesty. Ease and difficulty depending on the world you're thrust in to manage your kingdom.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.