Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 23, 2010

As young thief Tepeu, you accompany the enormously powerful but simple Majin across a world lost to darkness to save the kingdom and fulfill his destiny in this new action-adventure title from Namco Bandai and Yoshiki Okamoto.

Demo Impressions

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Raymayne

Demo for this just popped up on XBL, only 250MB which is kind of a Godsend after all the crazily large files I've had to dl lately. 

So, thoughts? I like the style of it I have to say but have only just started...will update this once I've played the whole demo. 

One early criticism...Majin's dialogue 0_0

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nick_verissimo

I was excited for this game after I saw the trailer for it in the summer and the demo didn't really disappoint. It's only about 20 minutes long, but it prep's with enough of the basic mechanics for fighting and using Majin that you get a sense of what the game will feel like.  They did a good job of not going into any story stuff and I am very excited for the game's release at the end of next month.  Nothing stand's out as amazing, but the ability to talk to Majin is interesting (sort of like how you could talk to Elika in POP 2008).  I imagine the dialogue bits will become more in depth as the story goes along and combat will be more interesting as well (there is a level up system, but the demo doesn't really show it off). 
    The actually combat is pretty generic, but serviceable, although I would've liked a button to block rather than simply evade enemies attacks.  All-in-all, if the trailer got you excited, then the demo shouldn't disappoint.

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sjosz

Tried the demo last night, and turned it off before I reached the end. Voice acting has become somewhat important to my gaming experience, and the voice acting in that demo is pretty terrible. The combat and the general system stuff seems ok, but nothing really exciting. With the giant backlog I already have I doubt I'll be picking this up on day 1.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Grissefar

Very impressed with the demo. I expected it to be a generic, boringish game like Enslaved but it was fun.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By kraznor

So, the gameplay was pretty varied and engaging. Solid combat, nice little stealth bits sprinkled in there. Some cool combo attacks with the Majin, nice look to the game. Oh yeah, combine that with the worst voice acting I've heard in years and you have a tragedy. It is literally the only thing wrong with the game, but it is incredibly wrong. Repetitive dialogue that sounds like its in a recording booth, done by complete amateurs. Killed the entire experience for me. Checked if there was a "Japanese with subtitles" option and there was not. Its really a shame.

aliss77777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By aliss77777

i have to say it was impressed! with the demo. it feels japanese but has some fresh game mechanics too. definitely worth playing and i'm thinking about buying the full version!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The dialogue was pretty bad, but other than that I really enjoyed the demo. I'll definitely pick this one once it drops in price. Hopefully GB does a quick look so more people know about this.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By Icemael

Bad voice acting, stiff controls, shallow stealth, mediocre graphics... yeah. Not interested.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cbe47ca3b
    deactivated-5a98cbe47ca3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I agree that the voice acting is pretty bad but the rest of it felt okay. As long as it's not ridiculously short I think I'll be pleased with this one.

Avatar image for rinsewashrepeat
    RinseWashRepeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RinseWashRepeat

I've got a serious case of 'OK-itus'.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By SteamPunkJin

The voice acting for both Majin and the Thief are terrible. Everything else I liked well enough....but yeeeeesh.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By Catolf

I liked it, and I don't see how we can judge the voice work when the thief has one line of dialog really, I can see the gripes about Majin, but he's supposed to be doofy big lug, so, I don't see the issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.