Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Major League Baseball 2K11

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

Major League Baseball 2K11 is Visual Concepts iteration of the MLB franchise for the 2011 MLB season and features the Dynamic Player Rating system that updates player ratings on recent real-world performance.

Sure hope they fix some of the problems with mlb 2k10

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JCTango

I hope they iron out some of the issues some people had with MLB 2K10, especially in my player mode.

For me, some of the problems were:

• Inability to wave off pitchers from fielding pop-ups
    • Extreme difficulty in throwing out base stealers, even with maxed/near maxed stats and good timing
    • Somewhat difficulty in stealing bases, even with maxed/near maxed stats and good timing
    • Animation hang-ups leading to movement hang-ups in leading off bases
    • Inappropriate/Inaccurate crediting of singles, doubles, triples, etc. sometimes, depending on when the ball is thrown and if a lead-off runner is tagged out (even the commentary credits you with the correct single/double/triple
    • No celebration/victory screen for winning the World Series in My Player mode, even if you 3-peat :(

That said though, I really digged the commentary voice-overs as well as the ambient stadium sounds/cheers/jeers.  I hope they continue with that baseball audio bliss in the next version.
    sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I agree that last year could've used some bug fixing.  The stats thing was quite annoying.

Played two games of the 2k11 demo.  The visuals look about the same as last year.  I don't like how they use low res textures for things in the distance, makes stuff jaggy as hell.  I thought the hitting was very realistic.  I truly felt that where I hit the ball was the correct spot.  Pitching seemed a tad loose but I could just be out of practice.  I really didn't see any glaring issues but I'm sure I said that about last year's demo too.  If I was to pick one thing that I thought was a bit off during the demo was that outfielders seemed to hang on to the ball a bit longer then they should.

Looking forward to next week.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.