Hey, Watch Some Pro StarCraft This Weekend At MLG Dallas

• 183 results
#101 Posted by Nunchuckles (195 posts) -

TLO is still in it, I'm going for him all the way.

#102 Posted by McDunkin (316 posts) -
@KinjiroSSD:   Idra  gg'ed in that game because he made a dumb mistake and built his queen at the wrong hatchery and then it died.  From looking at the game it seemed like he meant to build it at his main so he could spend the initial energy on a creep tumor so he could get his spine crawler that he made at his main to the top of his ramp to break the contain.
#103 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

watched a couple of games whilst eating my dinner yesterday and got hooked, saw idras 2 losses, the most incredible PvT but i cant remember who was in it,  aswell as a couple more, good to see alot more zerg all of a sudden, with more pressence from Machine and TLO switching from Terran, im looking forward to seeing more of this later on

#104 Posted by BenderUnit22 (1362 posts) -

Man, TLO's Zerg is excellent given he switched races only recently.

#105 Posted by ThaMilkMan (339 posts) -

EGMachine is facing TT1 right now, I'm excited to watch it, lets go EGMAchine!!!

#106 Posted by NoXious (1335 posts) -
@ThaMilkMan:

He lost :-( Such a shame. I was rooting for Machine personally but that bloody TTOne knocked out nearly every master zerg player!

Makes me wonder if we'll see Protoss nerfs vs Zerg in the same way they over-nerfed Terran against Zerg. The few reapers that are getting used during these tournaments either die or are expensive (albeit flexible) scouts...
What CAN a Zerg effectively do against Forcefields? Us Terrans just go Ghosts, but Zerg?

#107 Posted by ThaMilkMan (339 posts) -
@NoXious: well he is in the losers bracket so he could come back...just work his way back up a little bit...possible with so many zerg in the losers bracket.
#108 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

GO JINRO!

#109 Posted by buckybit (1460 posts) -

FYI - the MLGPro.com Website uses Java & Octoshape - a propriatery video stream technology, (that runs with BSD/Unix/Linux bc of Java-Platform).

carry on ...

#110 Posted by ROBOTTI2009 (21 posts) -

Loving the games and day9

#111 Posted by mnzy (2909 posts) -

EVO didn't get a news but after all that StarCraft already, this does? I'm disappointed.

#112 Posted by pplus0440 (260 posts) -

dude i love watching this shit, good call brad
#113 Edited by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

Damn..

On a side note, how great are Day9 and DJWheat? They do a great job with the commentary, trading off on the play by play and Wheat asking Day9 for analysis on what happens. Awesome job.
#114 Posted by Fattony12000 (6366 posts) -

Jinro playing pretty nifty for his MLG début, loved that rush he made against TT1's early Colossus in that third game. 

whoop whoop

#115 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Where's the article about the Socal Regionals that are going on now.

#116 Posted by gamefreak9 (2327 posts) -

Anyone know if they are using a specific kind of mouse? is there like a good one going around??  

SC2> games :P

#117 Posted by Darknaut (126 posts) -
@NoXious said:
" @ThaMilkMan:

He lost :-( Such a shame. I was rooting for Machine personally but that bloody TTOne knocked out nearly every master zerg player!

Makes me wonder if we'll see Protoss nerfs vs Zerg in the same way they over-nerfed Terran against Zerg. The few reapers that are getting used during these tournaments either die or are expensive (albeit flexible) scouts...
What CAN a Zerg effectively do against Forcefields? Us Terrans just go Ghosts, but Zerg?

"
ZvP is an odd match-up in that having Hydras and even some Infestors can really do a lot for you. Most players get Roaches for that early defense however and when the pressure comes, it's the only meaty unit they have available unless they're mad good at holding off just long enough to get the Hydras out. This assumes also that they have enough creep spread to effectively use them, or that the player didn't try to win the air battle instead with Mutas and Corruptors, which gives you much more mobility and map control than those slow Hydras.

Either way, needs more Infestors I think. Such a good unit.
#118 Posted by fez_soni (78 posts) -

MLG starcraft 2 stream is again having trouble. Anybody have a solution for this? Using chrome

#119 Posted by RoccoW (10 posts) -

Though I pretty much suck at playing Starcraft, I very much enjoy watching games. Like they say, it's like chess on speed

#120 Posted by Teoball (530 posts) -

I'm not having trouble at all. Using firefox and I'm in Norway.
#121 Posted by BenderUnit22 (1362 posts) -
#122 Posted by ThaMilkMan (339 posts) -
@Scooper: What regionals are these? Are we talkin SSF4?
#123 Posted by Fattony12000 (6366 posts) -

Jinro straight murderin' those Colossi.

#124 Posted by Fattony12000 (6366 posts) -

HOLY SHIT SERVER PROBLEMS MID MATCH IN THE FINALS!?!?!?!?!

#125 Posted by ToxicFruit (1713 posts) -
@Fattony12000: and it was getting so fkn tense :( !
#126 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

This is why Blizzard needs LAN. 

#127 Posted by adoggz (1953 posts) -

god damn it blizzard

#128 Posted by Johnny5 (1353 posts) -

Been loving watching the tournaments. Especially all the player specific fanfare. 

Although mid game server problems are just embarassing.

#129 Posted by Fattony12000 (6366 posts) -

LOL dj and day9 (the commentators) having a 1v1 match to kill time...BECAUSE THE SERVERS ARE STILL FUCKED/FUCKED AGAIN!

#130 Posted by BenderUnit22 (1362 posts) -

Day 9 is awesome

#131 Posted by Fattony12000 (6366 posts) -

AHAHAHA the commentary on their own match is brilliant!

"You normally put Queens on the inside because they're easier to defend, but I'm putting them on the outside so they're easier to click on"

#132 Edited by adoggz (1953 posts) -

alright, i want to apologize to blizzard. I had no idea that this is what they had planned when they got rid of lan support. I'm so sorry Blizzard you are gods of foresight.

edit: the only thing that could make this better is if Blizzard patched the game right now with big balance changes.

#133 Posted by Fattony12000 (6366 posts) -

AAAAAGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!?

#134 Posted by BenderUnit22 (1362 posts) -

Ok, fuck it, I gotta work tomorrow.

#135 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

fucking blizzard get this shit fixed. 

LOL made all the way through the weekend but it fucks up on what is possible the last fucking game.

#136 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@ThaMilkMan said:
" @Scooper: What regionals are these? Are we talkin SSF4? "
SSFIV, HDRemix, MvC2, TvC, Tekken, ect.

Best players on the planet playing loads of great fighting games. Good stream quality and good commentary.
#137 Posted by Themanohall (397 posts) -

Holy crap, this is the worst thing ever. Stupid Blizzard...

#138 Posted by Deathpooky (1345 posts) -

Blizzard will add Lan... when they get sued by the GSL/MGL and some player who loses out on $50,000 in Korea because Bnet blew up midway through a game.

#139 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@Deathpooky said:
" Blizzard will add Lan... when they get sued by the GSL/MGL and some player who loses out on $50,000 in Korea because Bnet blew up midway through a game. "
What could they possibly be sued for? I know you're mad but stop talking nonsense.
#140 Posted by Fattony12000 (6366 posts) -

Hah! The guy with the big yellow NO LAN sign next to the MLG title card.

#141 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

OMFG i've been putting off going to the gym until after the finals, now it looks like i won't be going today.

#142 Posted by PolishHill (36 posts) -

Sure it sucks for the guys competing but how bad would it be to be attending the match and have nothing to kill the time with?

#143 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -
@PolishHill said:
" Sure it sucks for the guys competing but how bad would it be to be attending the match and have nothing to kill the time with? "
there are other events going on they can attend while waiting. Halo 3, Reach etc.
#144 Posted by Deathpooky (1345 posts) -
@sixghost said:
" @Deathpooky said:
" Blizzard will add Lan... when they get sued by the GSL/MGL and some player who loses out on $50,000 in Korea because Bnet blew up midway through a game. "
What could they possibly be sued for? I know you're mad but stop talking nonsense. "
Breach of contract, breach of warranty, and loss of earnings are three that come to mind.  If you purposefully get the game involved in tournaments worth tens of thousands of dollars in winnings and likely a hundred times that in advertising and other costs (probably much much more in Korea), not providing a stable service to play the game on is a PR and legal recipe for disaster.
#145 Posted by villainy (511 posts) -

It's a good thing there's a Flyers game on right now. I've had far too much beer to have nothing worth watching. Why hasn't Blizzard done a LAN only edition specifically for tournament play?

#146 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

This sucks, they should show some replays of some of the other matches while we wait.

#147 Posted by picklecannon (265 posts) -

Man the shitstorm going on on the sc2 blizzard forums is insane right now LOL these finals have been more entertaining than they shouldve been

#148 Posted by villainy (511 posts) -
@zombie2011: Your wish has been granted.
#149 Posted by Fattony12000 (6366 posts) -
@zombie2011: They are!
#150 Edited by Fattony12000 (6366 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.