Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Major League Gaming

Concept »

MLG (Major League Gaming) is the most successful and well-established competitive gaming league in the world. Encompassing many competitive multiplayer games, from Super Smash Bros Brawl to Halo 3, becoming a professional gamer through MLG is the goal of aspiring players all around the world.

MLG Shouldn't Exist BECAUSE.........

• 71 results
    Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Post your biggest reason or biggest gripe with this pop culture atrocity here. Here are my reasons:

-These gamers are just chugging energy drinks (why they even need the energy I have no idea, because they aren't straining themselves to begin with...) and sitting on their asses.
    -It's a swift cash grab and wreaks of it.
    -Any asshole who buys the Xbox Live MLG picture pack and Call of Duty 4 is all of a sudden a professional fucking gamer.

carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By carzy

anyone who owns a copy of cod4 can't be professional gamer
    fixed

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hewkii

VR hasn't been invented yet.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Jensonb

I don't mind the idea of MLG per se, but here are my gripes:

It has no coverage
    The games they have leagues in are very limited
    They've gone to little or no effort to present it as a sport

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Clean

Yea people who buy those are lame cause they ain't professional.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Shawn
    Everyones_A_Critic said:
    -Any asshole who buys the Xbox Live MLG picture pack and Call of Duty 4 is all of a sudden a professional fucking gamer."
    Exactly.

Did you also know that if you buy the MLG picture pack you are completely void of criticism so you can trash talk all you want over how you are only sucking ass online because you just got off work or some bullshit excuse to cover up for your suckage?
    cann3dheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By cann3dheat

They take the hobby way too seriously. They're video games. You can compete in local tournaments, I have no problem with that; but when you're signing deals and being broadcasted on ESPN just because you're playing Halo, that's when I start having problems.

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cann3dheat said:
    "They take the hobby way too seriously. They're video games. You can compete in local tournaments, I have no problem with that; but when you're signing deals and being broadcasted on ESPN just because you're playing Halo, that's when I start having problems."

Exactly, couldn't agree more.
    Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Supreme
    Everyones_A_Critic said:
    "Post your biggest reason or biggest gripe with this pop culture atrocity here. Here are my reasons:

-These gamers are just chugging energy drinks (why they even need the energy I have no idea, because they aren't straining themselves to begin with...) and sitting on their asses.
    -Any asshole who buys the Xbox Live MLG picture pack and Call of Duty 4 is all of a sudden a professional fucking gamer."
    It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.
    - Not everyone drinks energy drinks, in fact, the only one that really ever does is Walshy but that shouldn't surprise anyone considering he looks all drugged out.
    - Um, there are only five players who have made big money off of it. Ogre 1, Ogre 2, StrongSide, Walshy and TSquared. These are the only players with MLG contracts so they actually get money. Neighbor now gets money because he joined Final Boss, a team sponsored by Gilbert Arenas and was offered 15K to make the team. That's six if you want to count him and that's basically it. Unless you win the tournaments you don't get money, and even if you do the prize money is shit. These kids go because they actual play the game and the amount of fun they have at events. 
    - You are so incredibly stupid. It couldn't quite possibly be because they want to support it right? You have an album cover as your avatar so by your logic, that means you must think you're an artist.

Sure, go insult people you don't know. Go try to state things as fact when in fact, it is so far from the truth. It's fuckin hilarious how all these nerds on video game forums bash MLG. You obviously envy them and you try to convince yourself that MLG is for losers and that posting on forums all day is for cool kids.
    Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Supreme
    cann3dheat said:
    "They take the hobby way too seriously. They're video games. You can compete in local tournaments, I have no problem with that; but when you're signing deals and being broadcasted on ESPN just because you're playing Halo, that's when I start having problems."
    Yeah, because brining in money to pay for college and getting exposure is such a shame. 
    The players never asked for ESPN to become affiliated. I guess if someone came to your door and offered you a chance to get paid while doing your hobby, you would decline it. 

Lol. 

ENVYYYYYYYYYY

PS: If you guys honestly didn't care about these kids you wouldn't talk about them every fuckin day. Instead, you try to convince yourself that you don't envy them and it's sad. You're like the System Wars kids back on GameSpot who try to convince themselves that their system of choice is better than all the others.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yeah, MLG is just creepy, like Jeff stated.

And what the hell Supreme, why are you defending MLG like it's your child? It's just a bunch of tweakers playing Halo 3, which is obviously the most skill demanding game out there.

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGTAvaccine said:

"Yeah, MLG is just creepy, like Jeff stated.

And what the hell Supreme, why are you defending MLG like it's your child? It's just a bunch of tweakers playing Halo 3, which is obviously the most skill demanding game out there."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree

Let's get one thing straight assholes, these fuckin' idiots want to see gaming become recognized as a sport. There was even a movement to get it recognized as an olympic sport! Imagine that, you're watching the olympics and instead of seeing Michael Phelps win another gold you have to fucking stare at a tweaker gorging on beef jerky and energy drinks he doesn't need while he fucking plays Halo 3. OH THE EXCITEMENT!!!

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By weltal

Sounds like someone is jealous. In any case, if you can play well enough to get cash out of playing video game why the hell wouldn't you?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422

lol yeah someone would definitely want to be jealous of people who practice on a single or 2 fucking games nonstop just to be good at them while never getting laid,  would be the most boring shit ever...I get burned out of playing any one game after playing it for a month or so online..then go back to it some other time, thats fine if they can do that, but I have the same opinion he does. MLG is a bunch of garbage, I'm not referring to professional gaming in general, which I also don't like in any way, just MLG specifically. The way they protray it all also is just rediculous, and the announcers are worse than fucking John Madden trying to explain a play to someone.

RobE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RobE
    Everyones_A_Critic said:
    "

TheGTAvaccine said:

"Yeah, MLG is just creepy, like Jeff stated.

And what the hell Supreme, why are you defending MLG like it's your child? It's just a bunch of tweakers playing Halo 3, which is obviously the most skill demanding game out there."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree

Let's get one thing straight assholes, these fuckin' idiots want to see gaming become recognized as a sport. There was even a movement to get it recognized as an olympic sport! Imagine that, you're watching the olympics and instead of seeing Michael Phelps win another gold you have to fucking stare at a tweaker gorging on beef jerky and energy drinks he doesn't need while he fucking plays Halo 3. OH THE EXCITEMENT!!!

"
    The only ones that want it to be in the olympics are the new kids. (As they call them, the '08 Kids) These are the kids giving a bad name to MLG because they are the ones who trash talk in Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Talk to any MLG old schooler and you will start to respect them. They don't go around acting like retards and they don't talk trash about anyone. Unlike the 08 Kids who talk trash to Bungie, Bungie.net users and forum users like yourself. 

MLG does not want to be in the olympics. What they do want is to expand and hopefully get MLG to be international. 

You must be referring to the 08 Kids because I don't see how you could disrespect anyone else, they have done nothing wrong and they don't disrespect anyone. No other competitive gaming league community gets so much disrespect for no reason. Why so much hate towards MLG? It has to be the 08 kids, if not then it's pure jealousy. 

Alot of the players go the MLG events just for the experience, it's really alot of fun. To put in perspective for you guys, it would be similar to going to TGS or any other gaming convention. Sure you might bring back a few souvenirs but you go for the experience.
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By xruntime

Gaming is for fun. Period. That's my take on it. Gaming is not comparable to a real sport, because it's an often one-dimensional sport that promotes ten-hour long gaming marathons, and distracts kids from what really matters in life.

If I sound conceited, so be it. I hate MLG, I hate professional gaming, and I think its a travesty of video gaming.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By BiggerBomb

I have nothing against MLG. This is America, deal with it.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DualReaver

To be fair red bulls revitalize the mind as well?

RobE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RobE
    xruntime said:
    "Gaming is for fun. Period. That's my take on it. Gaming is not comparable to a real sport, because it's an often one-dimensional sport that promotes ten-hour long gaming marathons, and distracts kids from what really matters in life.

If I sound conceited, so be it. I hate MLG, I hate professional gaming, and I think its a travesty of video gaming."
    Nobody compares it to a sport. It's a competitive gaming league like any other. 

I guess making 720 posts on GiantBomb is better than actually enjoying your hobby, right?

There are kids that are still in high school and grown men that go to college. If you knew anything about MLG, you would know that not to long ago the community was outraged because one player, Neighbor left his team to join Final Boss (sponsored by Gilbert Arenas of the Washington Wizards of the NBA) because he was offered extra money. Guess what he's using that for? To pay for college! Maybe not all of it, but that's not the point. Why get a job that you're going to hate to pay for college? Get paid to do your hobby so you can pay for whatever you want while also having fun.

How about you kids come in touch with reality. Enjoy life. All you guys do is sit here and complain like little children about everything. ZOMG TEH TEXTURES ARE HORRID! or LOLZOR LOOK AT TEH GFX! XBOX 1.5 AM CONFIRMED!

Atleast MLG players enjoy their life, you kids obviously hate yours. Trying to make yourselves feel better by putting other people down. 
    JamesM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JamesM

People can play games how they like, but I certainly don't want to play that way. I once read something about how to succeed at multiplayer gaming, and it basically read like a checklist for how to make it a cold, passionless, dead experience. No thanks. I'd rather have fun sucking. OH GOD THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By BiggerBomb
    RobE said:
    "xruntime said:
    "Gaming is for fun. Period. That's my take on it. Gaming is not comparable to a real sport, because it's an often one-dimensional sport that promotes ten-hour long gaming marathons, and distracts kids from what really matters in life.

If I sound conceited, so be it. I hate MLG, I hate professional gaming, and I think its a travesty of video gaming."

I guess making 720 posts on GiantBomb is better than actually enjoying your hobby, right?

There are kids that are still in high school and grown men that go to college. If you knew anything about MLG, you would know that not to long ago the community was outraged because one player, Neighbor left his team to join Final Boss (sponsored by Gilbert Arenas of the Washington Wizards of the NBA) because he was offered extra money. Guess what he's using that for? To pay for college! Maybe not all of it, but that's not the point. Why get a job that you're going to hate to pay for college? Get paid to do your hobby so you can pay for whatever you want while also having fun.

How about you kids come in touch with reality. Enjoy life. All you guys do is sit here and complain like little children about everything. ZOMG TEH TEXTURES ARE HORRID! or LOLZOR LOOK AT TEH GFX! XBOX 1.5 AM CONFIRMED!

Atleast MLG players enjoy their life, you kids obviously hate yours. Trying to make yourselves feel better by putting other people down. 
    "

*clap*

Well said.
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Absurd

Don't know much about the MLG but Professional CS:S players usually do it to pay for college and stuff.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DualReaver
    BiggerBomb said:
    "RobE said:
    "xruntime said:

"

*clap*

Well said."
    For some reason, I feel like I'm part of the group of 'kids' he's referring to and want to yell at him. >_>
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vaxadrin

I dunno they seem pretty good at Halo to me.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xruntime

Look, I'm not going to bother trying to convince you when you obviously have your mind set on insulting people instead of staying on the topic.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Fosssil

OP, I think you are being a bit too hasty and judgmental about the entire MLG organization.

MLG, the company, is a legitimate business that is trying to be the first to capitalize on the growing trend of competitive gaming. They aren't trying to make it into a "swift cash grab", they are trying to make it into a successful and prosperous enterprise. They saw the demand for such a league, and took advantage of the opportunity.

Secondly, the players that you talk about who buy the MLG Gamerpics and then go "play Call of Duty for two hours" are most definitely not the professionals who show up at live tournaments. Will you find trash-talking 12 year olds at MLG events? Maybe a few. Are the majority of pro gamers a bunch of pre-pubescent scumbags with nothing better to do than beat you at a game and call you all manner of profanities and racist slurs at the same time? Definitely not. (Also, just a quick side note, MLG doesn't play Call of Duty at their Live events because the System Link multiplayer is quite unwieldy compared to the online component.)

I am a pretty die hard Halo fan and have been for many years, and I've been fortunate enough in my time with the game to play with and against a few of the real pros, that is, the players who consistently finish in the top 8 at MLG events. Aside from being exceptionally good at the games they play, they are also really friendly, and all-around cool guys. I've spoken to several Halo pros at the events that I've attended (Walshy and Karma standout in my mind as being the most likable), and they're all cool, down-to-earth guys who just happen to be really talented at Halo -- their personalities and behaviors are a far cry from those of the obnoxious kids you might meet on Xbox Live.

The real players, the ones who have been around since the league started, are not in it for the money. I've never placed very well at an MLG tournament, and I've probably spent over $1000 of my own money to attend several events, with nothing tangible to show for it. But that's the thing, it's not the tangible stuff that makes it a worthwhile experience. I know full well as soon as I set foot on that event floor that I won't walk away with a dime in prize money, but I look forward to that moment anyway because I love the great feeling you get when you win a tournament game. For me, the money has nothing to do with it -- I just really enjoy that satisfaction I get from beating other players, and that feeling of knowing precisely where I stand amongst the best in the game. To the people who say "video games are supposed to be fun", I say to them that competitive games, played in a tournament atmosphere with a group of good friends on your team, is a ton of fun.

The real pros have been with the league since it was just a handful of grassroots tournaments, where the only prize was knowing that you were better than someone else. Hell, the guy who founded the league and now works out of a swanky Manhattan office (Sundance D'Giovani) used to help carry and set-up the TVs and equipment that the players used, and pay the prize money out of his own pocket. The guys who are really MLG players compete because they love the tournament atmosphere, and because they have a desire to be the best at what they do, not to make a paycheck.

Also -- I saw this brought up earlier and didn't want to leave it unmentioned in my essay -- pro gaming is as much a sport as Poker, Monopoly, or the Spelling Bee (meaning, it isn't a sport). What people don't seem to understand is that those things (gaming included) are competitions, not sports. The notion of having MLG in the Olympics is absurd, and anyone who is actually involved with the league or is really a pro player will be the first to tell you what they do isn't a sport, just to clarify that point.

Sorry about the wall of text; hopefully someone will be inclined to read the whole thing!

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the whole thing, and I see your point, and I mainly just wanted to see whether people thought it to be a sport or not. My view on it will likely never change until I do meet someone who is in this and is contrary to my belive personality/opinion wise.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Subway

It's boring as fuck to watch

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By normajean777

i dont like it because a game that should be in it isnt and that is warhawk. they are 360 fanboys.

shadowjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By shadowjak

Lol no comment, I enjoyed CGS, MLG isn't that much different. It's fun seeing certain gamer's straetegies and seeing how others play. No different than a youtube vid. Though they do need to stop showing the players doing sh*t outside of the game and focus on the game. And ohh, how fun is it to see people on games with clan tags saying MLG or GT's saying their MLG when really they just plain suck and are obsessed with people thinking they're awesome?

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I'd also like it to be known that I respect the Korean Starcraft leagues, and also respect Counter Strike leagues, but do not respect MLG. Not one bit.

And before anyone asks why, well, first of all, both of those games require skill and practice, and secondly, neither of those leagues make gaming into a joke. People take them seriously.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Systech

Well, if it has to exist, it shouldn't be aired on ESPN or called Major League Gaming. It should be called DTARGAG (Dudes That Are Really Good At Games)

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By Lies
    Supreme said:
    "Everyones_A_Critic said:
    "Post your biggest reason or biggest gripe with this pop culture atrocity here. Here are my reasons:

It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.
    - Not everyone drinks energy drinks, in fact, the only one that really ever does is Walshy but that shouldn't surprise anyone considering he looks all drugged out.
    - Um, there are only five players who have made big money off of it. Ogre 1, Ogre 2, StrongSide, Walshy and TSquared. These are the only players with MLG contracts so they actually get money. Neighbor now gets money because he joined Final Boss, a team sponsored by Gilbert Arenas and was offered 15K to make the team. That's six if you want to count him and that's basically it. Unless you win the tournaments you don't get money, and even if you do the prize money is shit. These kids go because they actual play the game and the amount of fun they have at events. 
    - You are so incredibly stupid. It couldn't quite possibly be because they want to support it right? You have an album cover as your avatar so by your logic, that means you must think you're an artist.

Sure, go insult people you don't know. Go try to state things as fact when in fact, it is so far from the truth. It's fuckin hilarious how all these nerds on video game forums bash MLG. You obviously envy them and you try to convince yourself that MLG is for losers and that posting on forums all day is for cool kids.
    "
    MLG. Serious business.
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xruntime

Look, all I'm against are people who take gaming too seriously - there are people who play competitions for fun, I play with a clan sometimes, but when there are people who play for 10 hours a day and pop energy drinks, its not healthy and its no longer a for-fun hobby.

Sports are not as one-dimensional and linear as video games, and help you stay in shape.

Skullking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Skullking

it's boring

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Fosssil
    TheGTAvaccine said:
    "I'd also like it to be known that I respect the Korean Starcraft leagues, and also respect Counter Strike leagues, but do not respect MLG. Not one bit.

And before anyone asks why, well, first of all, both of those games require skill and practice, and secondly, neither of those leagues make gaming into a joke. People take them seriously."
    True, Halo 3 and Gears of War don't come anywhere close to being as competitive as Starcraft or Counter-Strike. But, if MLG were trying to showcase just the most skillful games, the size of their audience would be much smaller than it currently is.

MLG is following a business model where the only games they feature on the circuit are both competitive and widely recognized, especially among U.S. viewers. Let's be honest, how many casual gamers would be interested in watching Unreal Tournament 3 or Shadowrun competitions, as opposed to Halo 3 competitions? Sure, the first two games take a much greater amount of skill to master on a pro level, but they don't have nearly the same community backing or fan interest as a Halo or a Gears of War.

Oh yeah, if you meant to imply that it takes no skill or practice to play Halo 3 competitively, then I'd have to disagree. I'll concede that it isn't on the same level as Starcraft or CS, but there is still a definite skill gap (although not nearly to the same degree as Halo 1 or Halo 2).

xruntime said:
    "Look, all I'm against are people who take gaming too seriously - there are people who play competitions for fun, I play with a clan sometimes, but when there are people who play for 10 hours a day and pop energy drinks, its not healthy and its no longer a for-fun hobby.

Sports are not as one-dimensional and linear as video games, and help you stay in shape."
    I understand your point; I said a bit earlier in this thread that playing in a MLG tournament with a bunch of friends is a blast, and a truly memorable experience.

I think you are a bit misinformed about the "pro-gamer lifestyle". These guys don't play for much more than 4 hours a day, and probably less than 2 hours a day with their actual teams, unless it is right before a major tournament and they are trying to sqeeze in some last minute practice. They probably won't even touch the game for a few days out of the week, and most of them play sports or are involved in other stuff besides just gaming. I guarantee you, the pros still have a bunch of fun playing and competing, even if the game is no longer just a hobby to them.
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By xruntime
    Fossil - I think you are the misinformed one, I've even read an interview with the revered "Fata1ty" confirming what I have said. If you want, I'll retrieve the link...
    zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By zityz

I dunno, I think it's one big Massive marketing gimick. The whole MAJOR LEAGUE part is what is funny. I don't mind people participating in tournaments for money fine, being sponsered to play videogames?, but the big wtf out of it all is the way its set up, in order for you to join you would truley have to be a major league player, not just at one game, or one type of game but all games, and some are better then others.

Just because your damn amazing at CoD4 of Halo 3 or any other fps, doesn't make you a Major Player, just makes you good at that game or that genre, shouldn't have a  contract for that, Find some guys who can whoop massive ass in PVP in RPG,s FPS, AND RTS's at once, then you have yourself a Major League player.

Right now, it's just a group of guys making some decent money to pay for school and such, same thing as normal tourneys, just Marketing it so people can buy more products.

I personaly feel bad for these guys, sure they have some talent and could probably own  the lot of us in a certain genre, but comon, theyre just normal guys competing.

In Short, MGL is the XFL of Tournament gameplay.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pause422

Fatality is as bad as it gets, I hope he gets hit by a car...biggest fucking moron there is, and professional gaming will never take off with how its run now, regardless of your negative or positive opinions on MLG, on top of ever looking at this as some kind of 'sport' its boring as shit to watch, and the commentary on it is fucking terrible, you get the dumbest people who point out the most obvious shit , its like John Madden explaining a simple play.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Fosssil
    xruntime said:
    "Fossil - I think you are the misinformed one, I've even read an interview with the revered "Fata1ty" confirming what I have said. If you want, I'll retrieve the link..."
    I'm not misinformed.

Fatal1ty doesn't play at MLG events. He is a PC gamer, and MLG is primarily based around console gaming (although they have the occasional World of Warcraft competition, but that isn't even an FPS). He wasn't who I was referring to when I said the pros don't always practice 10 hours a day -- I was specifically talking about the top MLG Halo pros. In that regard, my previous statement was completely accurate.
    Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Riddler
    normajean777 said:
    "i dont like it because a game that should be in it isnt and that is warhawk. they are 360 fanboys."

..............lmao, ok.
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, don't even get me started on fatal1ty or however the fuck that retard spells his name.

Phaazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Phaazon
    @Everyones_A_Critic said:
    " Ugh, don't even get me started on fatal1ty or however the fuck that retard spells his name. "
    lol at people hating on MLG.  It must be horrible that it's the only thing on TV, and your homepage is stuck on mlgpro.com
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Three0neFive

Because they play games absolutely fucking drenched in auto-aim and act like it's the most hardcore test of skill ever.

Don't even get me started on their WoW league, my rage could power all of Washington for the next 30 millenia.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kishan6
    @carzy said:
    " anyone who owns a copy of cod4 can't be professional gamerfixed "
    lololololol 
    i love mlg btw and everyone knows the only mlg games people care about are halo and gears
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Brendan

I just quickly looked down this board, and wow.  Both camps care waay to much about this.  It's video games.  As a "professional sport".  Who gives a shit. 
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Phaazon said:
    " @Everyones_A_Critic said:
    " Ugh, don't even get me started on fatal1ty or however the fuck that retard spells his name. "
    lol at people hating on MLG.  It must be horrible that it's the only thing on TV, and your homepage is stuck on mlgpro.com "
    It's not even so much about the MLG, but more the people that are in it (or in some cases, think they are). Gamertags filled with numbers where letters should be and X's strewn about piss me off to no end. 
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Demyx

I don't know much about MLG, but the concept doesn't sound bad at all. But it really depends what games they are playing.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By swamplord666

Eh, I have no problem with it as long as it gets recognized for what it is and nothing else: elite gamers. It's not a sport by any means. 
    What I don't like is people who are trying to get into MLG and therefore being complete asshats because they think they're better

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Everyones_A_Critic said:
    " @Phaazon said:
    " @Everyones_A_Critic said:
    lol at people hating on MLG.  It must be horrible that it's the only thing on TV, and your homepage is stuck on mlgpro.com "
    It's not even so much about the MLG, but more the people that are in it (or in some cases, think they are). Gamertags filled with numbers where letters should be and X's strewn about piss me off to no end.  "
    Agreed. I watch MLG because I like watching people who are awesome at games, much like how on the bombcast the editors would talk about how they watch the high scores from the gameroom because they can't imagine how good they are. However, go online and there are MLG "fans" who are complete assholes. It's a complete misrepresentation of the true MLG community. If you actually go to an event, a lot of the people there are actually cool people who just love to play games. 

Also, MLG and most other competitive leagues don't call gaming a sport. Just wanted to clear that up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.