No recent wiki edits to this page.
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure follows the story of Coltrane "Trane" Crowley, a young aspiring graffiti artist living in New Radius, a city where graffiti is considered a serious felony. In the beginning of the game Trane is trying to make a name for himself or 'get up', hence the title. Early on in the game you encounter and are beaten up by a rival graffiti group called the Vandals of New Radius. From now on your main task is to learn new
skills by learning from top graffiti artists and have your revenge by ridiculing the VaNR. As time goes on, however, Trane realizes that the government is trying to eradicate all graffiti artists in the city, and that he must stop them at all cost.
The game features many celebrities doing voice over, ranging from prominent rappers such as Talib Kweli, the RZA and Diddy to actors such as Giovanni Ribisi, Brittany Murphy and Rosario Dawson. Getting Up was highly praised for its fantastic soundtrack composed by producer RJD2 and featuring licensed songs from artists such as Mobb Deep, Serj Tankian, Pharoahe Monch, Eric B and Rakim and other artists.
- Too Cold - Roots Manuva
- Version 78 Style - Glen Brown
- Boxcutter Emporium Part 2 - Sixtoo
- Aural Prostitution - DJ Vadim
- Motion 2000 - Polyrhythm Addicts
- Mountain Song - Jane's Addiction
- Club Foot - Kasabian
- Book Of Judges - Pharoahe Monch
- My People Hold On - Eddie Kendricks
- Catch A Bad One - Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
- Who Shot Ya (Serj Tankian Remix) - Notorious B.I.G.
- Subway Theme (from the Wild Style soundtrack) - Grand Wizard Theodore
- Wanted - Rhymefest feat. Samantha Ronson
- Clik, Clak, And Spray - PackFM
- Getting Up Anthem: Part 1 - Rakim and Talib Kweli
- Sinnerman - Nina Simone
- Shook Ones Pt. 1 - Mobb Deep
- Survival Of The Fittest - Mobb Deep
- I Smell A Rat - Big Mama Thornton
- Cavern - Liquid Liquid
- There They Go - Fort Minor
- Chin High - Roots Manuva
- Dulce's Theme - DJ Nature feat. Tek One and Velcro
- Bomba's Theme - DJ Nature feat. Tek One and Velcro
- Walk On By - Isaac Hayes
- Auld Lang Syne - Thomas Rusiak
Prior to the release of the game, Marc Ecko was featured in a series of video podcasts on the popular videogame website 1UP.com where he answered questions and talked about the development process of the game.
Getting Up is one of the first games to tout " verticality" as a key component to the gameplay experience, effectively coining the phrase as a marketing buzzword.